Bobby Roode is fucking brilliant discussion

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Watching Impact today, and TNA played a video package which everyone is raving about. Its fucking excellent. TNA are doing the Michaels and Bret thing they did in 1996, where they show him at home, training, talking about how much this means to him and all that business. No Jose Lothario, though. They even did a "Bobby looking at the ducks in the sea" shot of him, which makes you want to buy the PPV on the off chance he might do that again. Add to the fact that after the match, he had one of the best matches of the year with AJ Styles and early on in the show he was put over like you wouldnt believe by the Stinger just adds to how over he is at the minute. AJ Styles did a brilliant job of putting him over after the match as well. All the main players in TNA are on form at the minute.

Unlike Samoa Joe or Rob Van Dam or whoever TNA is planning to put the company on this week, Roode going into the biggest match of his career has never been better in the ring, on the mic or how he carries himself. He plays the role so real. He completely believes in his character. I hope to god he just wins with no funny business. If they end Bound For Glory with Roode on all the wrestlers shoulders doing the Luger celebration, it could do so much for him.

Watch it. Its so well put together. He looks like a massive star in this.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I think I'll download Impact, not often you get so much universal praise for TNA.

Roode is excellent though, ditto with James Storm. Both are proper all rounders and would be excellent in any era, such id their ability. Both are very very underrated on the mic. With Austin Aries, they are probably three of the best in the biz right now.

• Moderators

That's a fantastically made video. He has to win. Please god. If he does I promise I'll start watching TNA properly again instead of just watching Beer Money, Bully Ray, Hogan and Steiner bits on youtube. It's fantastic, even down to having his kids run to hug him as he enters his house after being on the road. Absolutely brilliant.

I'm really excited and invested in Roode winning this the build up has been so good. TNA have done brilliantly with B. Roode and they have to pay it off right, with him in the ring holding the title.

• Paid Members
I don't watch TNA but Rhoode gets alot of praise on here. Is the opinion he is WWE bound?

He should be. TNA is never going anywhere and somebody of Roode's ability needs to be on the biggest stage possible. WWE offered him a deal a couple of years ago but he decided to stick with TNA.

Aries and Beery Money are truly worth your time.

• Paid Members
I don't watch TNA but Roode gets alot of praise on here. Is the opinion he is WWE bound?

He's tied down for years. I cant see him ever being in WWE. Its to sweet of a deal for him. The likes of AJ Styles, Storm and Roode have quite big contracts for people who would have to start rock bottom in WWE on a big schedule. I might be wrong, but I doubt he'll be in WWE ever. He should be though. Nobody is going to convince me that he isnt good enough to be a player in that federation. Compare him to the current crop on babyfaces in both leagues and he comes across as more likable than anyone.

If you put CM Punk infront of ducks, you wouldnt want him to hug the ducks. Bobby Roode comes across as an animal lover just by looking at the pond.

• Paid Members

Just watched the vid, it's excellent.

Haven't watched TNA for ages, or WWE really actually but the bits I've seen recently I saw a pretty good little in ring interview with Roode, Storm, Bubba Ray and some other bloke and thought Roode and Ray came off really well.

The other day I saw a Kurt Angle and Scott Steiner backstage segment with Steiner as Angle's coach or something. Steiner is still the dogs balls on the mic.

I think I will tune in for the PPV. Is it still on Challenge?

• Paid Members

I was championing Roode on here when he was still in Team Canada. Nice to see the bandwagon finally rolling!

Watch it. Its so well put together. He looks like a massive star in this.

That's the single greatest thing TNA have ever done. 3 minutes of brilliance. I got goosebumps.

Very much enjoyed the extended version of the interviews too. Cheers Butch.

• Paid Members
I was championing him when he played for Hamburg in the late 70s.

:laugh::laugh:

I only hope that if he does win TNA book him to win clean wihtout all the usual distractions / bumps / outside interference. Just him and Angle in the ring with Roode winning and Angle shaking his hand after to give him even more of a rub

Not only on the night but afterwards too. They've half built a star. if he proves himself better than Angle, then he needs to prove himself better than Anderson, Jarrett, Styles, etc. Then you'll have a star.

Archived