Bobby Roode is fucking brilliant discussion

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
I haven't been keeping up with TNA, but have they done a proper blow-off match with Storm and Roode yet? I'm hoping not and they're keeping them apart, because that for me could be a massively defining moment for not only both guys but also TNA. Knowing TNA they rush into something like this normally rather than resisting temptation and letting it build further- perhaps someone can fill me in?

Far from having had a blow-off, they've not even really feuded yet.

They did the title rematch the week after the turn where Storm was attacked and bloodied backstage allowing Roode an easy retain. It was assumed Roode was responsible, but it was revealed to be Angle and Storm feuded with him, while Roode has been kept busy with Styles, then Hardy.

I've assumed they're holding off on the first big Roode vs Storm ppv match for Lockdown, which makes sense given the stip, and that it's generally one of TNA's biggest selling shows.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think being a main eventer in TNA for a while will certainly help him. He'll be at an even better calibre by the time he's able to jump ship if he chooses.

He'll also be 37 by the time his TNA contract runs out. WWE signing him at that point seems highly unlikely.

37 isn't that old in wrestling these days, i reckon bar any serious injuries he could easily do 10 years in wwe if he wanted.

• Paid Members

That's right Dingo Warrior, if he went to WWE he would forget everything he's picked up over the years and turn to shit. You penis.

Cheers for the update Statto, fair play indeed to TNA keeping the two apart. Hopefully it's not too long where the fire between them has fizzed out a bit, it's always hard getting that moment just right. But I think by holding this big match off they clearly want to make this a landmark moment in TNA.

The upper earning potential in the WWE is just waaay higher. TNA can put him on tv, but they're crap at expanding their wrestlers beyond just the ring, making them into a pop icon. If Roode wants to be up there with the greats, he has to go to WWE and make it work there.

I do see the point that WWE is the place to earn the most money and gain the most exposure, but the names that spring to mind are Braden Walker and Marcus Cor Von. Both touted as the next big thing in TNA and now out of the business, after trying their luck in WWE. It would be a massive gamble to take, because at the moment, i just feel WWE wouldn't want wrestlers who were seen as through and through TNA guys to get over.

• Paid Members
I do see the point that WWE is the place to earn the most money and gain the most exposure, but the names that spring to mind are Braden Walker and Marcus Cor Von. Both touted as the next big thing in TNA and now out of the business, after trying their luck in WWE. It would be a massive gamble to take, because at the moment, i just feel WWE wouldn't want wrestlers who were seen as through and through TNA guys to get over.

Braden Walker got to a point where TNA never wanted him, He was not at the top of his game when he left, Marcus Cor Von could have been good in WWE he was getting a small push and would still be around today if he did not have the personal issue and he had to leave.

• Paid Members

The main thing is, what with Bellator coming on Spike in 2013 and Spike getting a new head of programming, if Spike dont renew the TV deal at the end of the year, there probably wont be a TNA in 2013 if that happens. I definitely see them picking him up if TNA go bust without a TV deal.

It would be shit if that happens, though.

• Paid Members

I can understand why Roode would sign for 5 years with TNA for the job security but I think it suggests that he doesn't have as much confidence in his own ability as he should or he's had word that WWE aren't particularly interested. He should really be working for the biggest company, he's plenty good enough.

You do wonder about their mentality though. There'll still be people running their show who'd think it beneath them to put over someone elses talent as equal to their own. Even though they "own" that talent.

He doesn't have a point. He's just throwing hooks out in a desperate attempt to get a bite out of someone. He's the trolling equivalent of a homeless man playing a 1-string guitar in an underpass.

Archived