Bobby Roode is fucking brilliant discussion

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Then why are you replying?

I replied, you replied, I replied to the stuff you couldnt defend, and now its damage limitation time. Vintage Ron.

You have some good points when you post, Ian, but it's lost under a load of tedious dross.

People-beaux-gosses-semaine-Daniel-Radcliffe_reference.jpgpete_doherty_TIMES_SQUARE_GOSSIP_7777.jpg

It's all 'my opinion is more right than yours', and then 'MY OPINION IS MORE RIGHT THAN YOURS'.

I am more right than you. You are spellbindingly rotten.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Then why are you replying?

I replied, you replied, I replied to the stuff you couldnt defend, and now its damage limitation time. Vintage Ron.

You have some good points when you post, Ian, but it's lost under a load of tedious dross.

People-beaux-gosses-semaine-Daniel-Radcliffe_reference.jpgpete_doherty_TIMES_SQUARE_GOSSIP_7777.jpg

It's all 'my opinion is more right than yours', and then 'MY OPINION IS MORE RIGHT THAN YOURS'.

I am more right than you. You are spellbindingly rotten.
You've pretty much become a parody of yourself, Ian. Ultimately you're a bit of a tosser. I'd argue your points, but I don't have the time or motivation to get wrapped up in one of your ten page 'debates'.

• Paid Members

You've pretty much become a parody of yourself, Ian. Ultimately you're a bit of a tosser. I'd argue your points, but I don't have the time or motivation to get wrapped up in one of your ten page 'debates'.

Your the one doing the arguing you muppet! You still havent replied to the reason I (justifiably think) that Hardy is a worse babyface. You dont argue points at all. I've given you chances to argue your points. If it was Snitskey's Back Acne or Dirty Eddie bitching about "getting wrapped up in debates", fair enough, because they know what they are talking about in the discussion that I've argued with them. And unlike you, they debate it with their opinion which leads to a clash of opinion which can lead to an argument, but they arent scared of their own opinion that they'll back off it. But I like Dirty Eddie and SBA is ... well ... he likes his women (thats all your getting Back Acne). I like them more for the arguments and discussion I've had with them actually. But this is fucking hilarious. Your the one thread shitting. I'm discussing a point you made and then you spit your dummy out, totally out of the blue. Like you always do, mind.Getting called a parody from someone who would swear black is white if it was universally accepted that it was tedious can only be taken as a compliment. The thread was going well until you joined in (like always).

I am happy to see Roode get the push deserves, I have not watched TNA in a year, but always felt he had main event potential. That promo video is tremendous and really helps you root for him.I believe that he is in the safest hands in wrestling facing Angle, who will no doubt do all he can to help Roode. I may have to motivate myself to watch Bound For Glory.

• Paid Members

Your the one doing the arguing you muppet! You still havent replied to the reason I (justifiably think) that Hardy is a worse babyface. You dont argue points at all. I've given you chances to argue your points. If it was Snitskey's Back Acne or Dirty Eddie bitching about "getting wrapped up in debates", fair enough, because they know what they are talking about in the discussion that I've argued with them. And unlike you, they debate it with their opinion which leads to a clash of opinion which can lead to an argument, but they arent scared of their own opinion that they'll back off it. But I like Dirty Eddie and SBA is ... well ... he likes his women (thats all your getting Back Acne). I like them more for the arguments and discussion I've had with them actually. But this is fucking hilarious. Your the one thread shitting. I'm discussing a point you made and then you spit your dummy out, totally out of the blue. Like you always do, mind.

Getting called a parody from someone who would swear black is white if it was universally accepted that it was tedious can only be taken as a compliment. The thread was going well until you joined in (like always).

I'm not scared of my own opinion, I've laid it out and I can't really go much further with it without going round in circles. I've no qualms about discussing my opinion, but your entries in threads have honestly all become about how right you are. You disagree with me, fine. You aggressively hammer then resort to, well, bullying. Who was the Harry Potter photo designed to entertain, for example? You actively make the effort to be a dick, and it's turned you into a terrible poster, which is a shame because your posts can be interesting when the motivation isn't dick-wagging. I'm not "spitting the dummy", I just can't be bothered getting wrapped up in a never-ending, go-nowhere discussion with you.

Which, ironically, is what's wound up happening.

Anyway.

I am happy to see Roode get the push deserves, I have not watched TNA in a year, but always felt he had main event potential. That promo video is tremendous and really helps you root for him.

I think TNA's video packages are tremendously underrated. The WWE gets a hell of a lot of praise for what they do in that front, but TNA are frequently just as good.

• Paid Members

I'm not scared of my own opinion, I've laid it out and I can't really go much further with it without going round in circles. I've no qualms about discussing my opinion, but your entries in threads have honestly all become about how right you are. You disagree with me, fine. You aggressively hammer then resort to, well, bullying. Who was the Harry Potter photo designed to entertain, for example? You actively make the effort to be a dick, and it's turned you into a terrible poster, which is a shame because your posts can be interesting when the motivation isn't dick-wagging. I'm not "spitting the dummy", I just can't be bothered getting wrapped up in a never-ending, go-nowhere discussion with you.

You are doing a good job of not coming across like your spitting your dummy out there. What with the insults and the constant replies. Go re-read this thread. We were discussing Jeff Hardy and Bobby Roode, you couldn't back up you opinion with facts and you decide to cry about it. You seem to forget this. You always do it as well. You call me a parody of "myself" (like we are characters in Eastenders or something), but your just a parody. Not of your former self, because your former self was just as shit as the current one. Was I looking for an argument? No. I thought it was quite valid to bring up the points I made. But as usual, you cant back your shit up. There's plenty of decent posters on here, and if one of them or even one of the mods (who whether you like them or not contribute to off topic and on topic) said I was shit, then fair enough. But your a dreadful, humourless bore who cant enter a discussion and when you are exposed as being shite, you take a strop. So its like really boring colourless water off a ducks back.And the Harry Potter photo is to remind you of what a plum you are. Not to entertain anyone. Apart from myself, who rocked back in my chair and had a good chuckle over it, whilst smoking a pipe.

• Paid Members

You are doing a good job of not coming across like your spitting your dummy out there. What with the insults and the constant replies. Go re-read this thread. We were discussing Jeff Hardy and Bobby Roode, you couldn't back up you opinion with facts and you decide to cry about it. You seem to forget this. You always do it as well. You call me a parody of "myself" (like we are characters in Eastenders or something), but your just a parody. Not of your former self, because your former self was just as shit as the current one. Was I looking for an argument? No. I thought it was quite valid to bring up the points I made. But as usual, you cant back your shit up. There's plenty of decent posters on here, and if one of them or even one of the mods (who whether you like them or not contribute to off topic and on topic) said I was shit, then fair enough. But your a dreadful, humourless bore who cant enter a discussion and when you are exposed as being shite, you take a strop. So its like really boring colourless water off a ducks back.And the Harry Potter photo is to remind you of what a plum you are. Not to entertain anyone. Apart from myself, who rocked back in my chair and had a good chuckle over it, whilst smoking a pipe.
Ian, with you it doesn't matter if you back things up or not. I've seen you described as a "Last Word Larry" in the past, and that's absolutely true. I'm honestly not taking a strop with you, I just generally find you an unpleasant bully. I'm not gonna bother replying to any reply you might post (because there always is one), but honestly, just give over. At the moment, you just wade into every thread to drone on about how right you think you are. In recent months it's as though you've realized it's what you do and just amplified it tenfold. It's frequently purposeless.

• Paid Members

At the moment, you just wade into every thread to drone on about how right you think you are.

Its a discussion forum you dull spanner. People enter threads and discuss them. "I enter threads and state an opinion". What a bastard I am. Just because you aren't use to anyone taking your opinion on board as something valid, don't tar everyone with the same brush. You are just upset that you had no reply to either my or Gladstone's contrary opinion. And the Pete Doherty thing is a fine example of this. You spouted off like an arrogant fuckwit in that as well and came out of it looking like a spenk when you were exposed as a plank. Call me a "Last Word Larry" if you want. As I said, there are shitloads of good posters on here. Just because I dont trot off crying "bully" because someone's opinion doesn't match mine doesn't mean anything coming from you. And your obviously taking it personal and throwing a strop, otherwise you wouldnt be throwing out the "bully" card. If you dont respect my opinion, why are you pissing and moaning about it? Grow up you woman.Nice thread shitting though. It almost makes me want to give you your dinner money back.

• Paid Members

If you dont respect my opinion, why are you pissing and moaning about it?

I know I said I wouldn't reply, but jeez, what a hypocrite you are.

You just upset that you had no reply to either my or Gladstone's contrary opinion.

Ian, there's plenty to say in response to "Bobby Roode is a better babyface than Jeff Hardy". However, differing opinions becomes an argument every time with you. Rather than disagreeing and saying why you jump in and say YOU'RE WRONG, and that's that. You're calling me black and white? Look at what you say, and how you say it. Getting back to the subject on matter, I think Bobby Roode is decent in the ring and on the mic, but there's nothing about him that makes me feel compelled to watch. He's not quite as charismatic as his partner James Storm, and he's not particularly easy to relate to either. He's a little bit ho-hum in what he does. That's not to say he's bad, or that I don't enjoy his feud with Angle - I do, but I feel he's yet to have his establishing moment, and I think that has to come before he wrestles for the title. Jeff Hardy has had his problems, absolutely. But his problems are what can make him relatable. TMZ is where his legal issues have played out, and I doubt the majority of wrestling fans are regular goers of this particular site. Jeff, unlike his brother, STILL has a sizable fanbase and if he can stay out of trouble, can re-establish himself in the wrestling industry. He's one of those main event wrestlers who can build up momentum through great matches and big wins without it feeling routine (for example, as with John Cena) and it won't be difficult for TNA to create a fantastic storyline with the guy.

• Paid Members

Ian, there's plenty to say in response to "Bobby Roode is a better babyface than Jeff Hardy". However, differing opinions becomes an argument every time with you. Rather than disagreeing and saying why you jump in and say YOU'RE WRONG, and that's that. You're calling me black and white? Look at what you say, and how you say it.

I know what I'm saying. And I know what I said earlier. I took it as ridiculous about your opinion of who in 2011 is a better babyface. I opened the debate up for you to give a case as to why you thought this and you refused to because you didnt want to or you couldnt. Never said you were wrong. I was stating why I thought your opinion wasnt to clever and asked why you thought you did. This line proves it:

If I wanted to make a case for him being the better babyface, it wouldn't be difficult.

Well why didn't you then? It was a one way discussion. Me discussing, you not giving a good argument.

Getting back to the subject on matter, I think Bobby Roode is decent in the ring and on the mic, but there's nothing about him that makes me feel compelled to watch. He's not quite as charismatic as his partner James Storm, and he's not particularly easy to relate to either. He's a little bit ho-hum in what he does. That's not to say he's bad, or that I don't enjoy his feud with Angle - I do, but I feel he's yet to have his establishing moment, and I think that has to come before he wrestles for the title.

You're wrong.

Jeff Hardy has had his problems, absolutely. But his problems are what can make him relatable. TMZ is where his legal issues have played out, and I doubt the majority of wrestling fans are regular goers of this particular site.

But TNA is playing off his drug problems. That's his whole character at the minute. One minute you are saying TNA should exploit his drug issues and the next you are saying the majority of wrestling fans wont know about it.

Jeff, unlike his brother, STILL has a sizable fanbase and if he can stay out of trouble, can re-establish himself in the wrestling industry. He's one of those main event wrestlers who can build up momentum through great matches and big wins without it feeling routine (for example, as with John Cena) and it won't be difficult for TNA to create a fantastic storyline with the guy.

If he shows up. And he's fucked up so many high profile matches and angles since 2002, thats a massive risk. Which was the basis of my whole point earlier, which you didn't fancy debating.You're doing alright for someone who wasn't going to reply ages ago. Obviously trying to have the last word on me, and as you said a bully like me cant be having that now can we. You call me a hypocrite, but now you are trying to go "on topic" after calling me a bully who's opinion you didn't respect. Thats fine, but your need to finally get your point across is a bit desperate. Why would you care what I think?

I'm not sure how a guy getting let off lightly on drug charges that would have sent a non-celebrity down for a loooong time is supposed to make them more "relatable" to the audience?.

That's what I was thinking, surely the hard-working family man, Bobby Roode, is more relatable to the audience than the flights-of-fancy, drug-addled 'artist', Jeff Hardy?Not that I'm saying Jeff isn't a good babyface, far from it. He used to be great, and he may become great again via this redemption storyline, but at the moment he's nothing compared with Roode in the babyface game.

Not that I'm saying Jeff isn't a good babyface, far from it. He used to be great, and he may become great again via this redemption storyline, but at the moment he's nothing compared with Roode in the babyface game.

I think this basically sums up the Roode vs Hardy debate, not that there should be a debate comparing the two of them becuase they're two completely different animals in my book- Hardy always seemed to get over because he was a senton bombing headcase, Roode has got the more likeable every man thing going for him. Hardy may have once been the number 1 babyface, fair enough, but when you piss all over the fans like he did it's going to take a fair bit of coming back from to get the respect of the fans again. At the moment Hardy's character is a junkie grovelling for forgiveness, Roode is the family man who's been working his bollocks off to become world champ. Who would you rather cheer for? A crackhead or a long haired, beardy version of Rocky? I wouldn't even call Hardy a babyface at the moment, I don't think his curent character has any face qualities at all to be fair.

Don't get me wrong, I think he is a great worker and love beer money, but Roode has the charisma of a paper bag.

What do you think charisma is? Whats your definition of it?
Like most, shouting and catchphrases probably.
You are correct. I like the shouting and catchphrases. I'd like to know how you define charisma????I met Roode a few times when he came over with TNA, first time I met him he was miserable but I thought he was playing up the then heel role. Next few times he was a face and still miserable as fuck. Quite a contrast to Storm sat next to him who was friendly and up for a laugh.I would love to know why people think Roode is a better person to push than Storm???????

Archived