Who is more BORING than McGillicutty & Otunga?

SK8_WAR

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually really didn't think much of the London/Kendrick Tag Team...

Starting to feel a tiny bit sorry for McGuilicutty and Otunga now. They were doing no harm as Tag Champs when they were in the New Nexus, but after it dissolved they were fucked. I think a character re-invention for them would work a lot. I still dont know anything about them other than David Otunga is married to Jennifer Hudson and Michael McGuilicutty is Curt Hennigs son, yet doesn't have his name.

I really do think they will be looked back at as a boring team, but I still think the Hart Dynasty were worse. I fucking hated the Hart Dynasty bar Natalya. Most of it is WWE's fault that the whole Tag Team thing is an afterthought anyway though.

I'll add Mideon and Viscera to the shit list. I never liked them when they wrestled singles matches, except for when Viscera did that crazy spinning wheel kick. Apart from that he never got a reaction from me. No one cared about them, considering they were apart of the biggest feud going (corporation vs Ministry). They just bored me and didnt add anything, to anything. Didn't Big Vis do the biggest line of cocaine HBK ever saw? He should've been bouncing off the walls.

• Paid Members

Domino did that promo video trying to get a new gimmick over where he rambled on about "world dominotion!" and cut off a cardboard Batista's head with a chainsaw and has some weird little white kid rapping through it. It was very odd and terrible.

I'm pretty sure both have been released.

If Otunga and Mcgillicutty are boring, isn't that the road agents' fault rather than creative? I was under the impression that guys at their level ran through whatever they were told to do by the agents, and only main-event level guys got a chance at creative expression.

If a more colourful gimmick is what they're after, they surely just need to play up the A-list gimmick - maybe have a couple of vignettes of the pair clubbing in LA in Otunga's limo, flashing the cash and being smarmy dicks, but then when some average joes come and have a word with them for being obnoxious pricks, Otungacutty go mental and beat the crap out of them - I'd mark for a McGillicutter through a glass table. Like a younger Horsemen pairing, ramming their elitism down everyone's throats when everyone knows their charmed lives come due to one's wife and the other's dad. It's a shame MNM already did the paparazzi entrance gimmick.

That's a bit harsh. In the old days, young wrestlers would have years to develop personalities, working on the road with more senior wrestlers, learning how to please a crowd and all that. Any TV time was a squash until they were well-rounded enough to be a "superstar"

Nowadays they just chuck them onto TV and into proper programs where they're expected to create a character, promo and fight for titles almost straight away. If they can't do it, they get pushed back down and dismissed as useless.

His dad was awesome, but even he probably wasn't the full package the first year he was on tv. Look at early tv matches of Scott Hall - handsome, yes, but as charismatic as Ron Simmonds (the poster).

I'd like to add to the Quebecers debate by stating that although they were very good in 1993-94, I'd totally forgotten about their short & extremely dull run in 1998. No Way Out 1998 was a really fun PPV, tarnished by an absolute yawner between the Godwinns & the Quebecers. Putting Savio Vega is the main event was more forgivable than that match.

• Paid Members

Brings to mind that wonderful angle where Jericho said that Stephanie had already had sex with every guy on this planet, so he went to the planet of the apes to find her some more and a bunch of guys in monkey costumes chased her out the ring.

That's a bit harsh. In the old days, young wrestlers would have years to develop personalities, working on the road with more senior wrestlers, learning how to please a crowd and all that. Any TV time was a squash until they were well-rounded enough to be a "superstar"

Nowadays they just chuck them onto TV and into proper programs where they're expected to create a character, promo and fight for titles almost straight away. If they can't do it, they get pushed back down and dismissed as useless.

His dad was awesome, but even he probably wasn't the full package the first year he was on tv. Look at early tv matches of Scott Hall - handsome, yes, but as charismatic as Ron Simmonds (the poster).

That's just the way it goes nowadays, though. The system's different, but that's not an excuse for a new wrestler who fails. Kofi Kingston has a lot of detractors on here and his main-event attempt got fucked up by himself and WWE, but he's still incredibly popular. And he'd done nothing before WWE. Cena, Batista, Orton, Sheamus, Barrett, there are loads of talent who've never done anything of note outside of the WWE system who are still doing well.

Archived