SUPER Smackdown 30/08/11

d-d-d-dAz

I assume it's leading to a real vs fake Sin Cara. If they're worried about losing his merchandising cash a heel turn would be a tad odd. Sin Cara's pretty much a lost cause for me regardless, if he can't talk there's only so far they can take the character.

I always thought it was odd the minute I saw the SinCara mask and it covered the whole head. By masking his mouth you can't see any facial expressions either, which you can do with Misterio.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

My only gripe with the Nash/Punk segment was Triple H holding back Punk from attacking Nash. Triple H spent a segment saying he's going to kill Punk, then when his mate (someone he is not fond of right now) comes to give him a hand he holds Punk back from a beating. Killed it a bit for me.

I'm still more interested in Punk v Nash too.

The other highlight was Cena ripping Tony Chimmel at the start.

Mizark FTW!

• Paid Members
My only gripe with the Nash/Punk segment was Triple H holding back Punk from attacking Nash. Triple H spent a segment saying he's going to kill Punk, then when his mate (someone he is not fond of right now) comes to give him a hand he holds Punk back from a beating. Killed it a bit for me.

I didn't mind that, really. I think if HHH had wanted to just randomly kick the shit out of Punk he could have done it at any time. He's trying to put himself across as a principled guy who wants to settle things in the ring like a man, and try and keep as much order on his shows as possible by not having brawls taking place around him. It made sense to me.

how come these are ''spoilers'' then, it was on live. if you didnt watch it then dont come to the forum until you have, thats what i think anyway.

smackdown was good, better than raw. i might start watching SD now if they are going to give it some star power.

i heard a while ago that a sin cara vs sin cara feud could happen once hunico replaced mistico. they might be amazing high flying matches. or they could be enough footage for 10 botchamanias.

daniel bryan is losing A LOT. which to me means one thing, as it the typical WWE 101 booking.

he will be world champion at mania. they always do this sort of thing, bury a guy and then when he goes on a big streak it means more. silly really.

I wish they'd find a way to get all the breaks out of the way before the last half hour when they have a big match main eventing. Orton/Cristian looked great, but it was a bit stop-start with all the interruptions. I know they probably slow down and don't give away big spots when the adverts are on, but I'd have still liked to see it in it's entirety.

The show was pretty good overall I thought. Hunico looked the best he has yet and that was a fun little sprint with a surprise at the end which surely means Mistico's coming back.

I enjoyed the Punk/HHH segment also. It's fun listening to them going at it. Nash really adds to the whole thing too. He's convincing as a big mean bastard with bad intentions, even just by his movements and mannerisms. Good to see him hit the big boot ok too as he looked like he was struggling at the rumble. They gotta make this a 3-way. Save Punk/HHH for Survivor Series and give us Nash/Punk and Nash/HHH at the two PPVs in between.

I thought Barratt /Cena could maybe have been a bit more competitive mind you, similar to Orton/Ziggler. I'm not too bothered that they're not doing much with Barratt just now because he's not brilliant in-ring, but he does have more than enough personality and charisma to be safe, so there's plenty of time for him.

Seamus continues to go from strenth to strength too. He's good to watch these days, I hope they have decent plans for him.

I wish they'd find a way to get all the breaks out of the way before the last half hour when they have a big match main eventing. Orton/Cristian looked great, but it was a bit stop-start with all the interruptions. I know they probably slow down and don't give away big spots when the adverts are on, but I'd have still liked to see it in it's entirety.

The show was pretty good overall I thought. Hunico looked the best he has yet and that was a fun little sprint with a surprise at the end which surely means Mistico's coming back.

I enjoyed the Cena/HHH segment also. It's fun listening to them going at it. Nash really adds to the whole thing too. He's convincing as a big mean bastard with bad intentions, even just by his movements and mannerisms. They gotta make this a 3-way. Good to see him hit the big boot ok too as he looked like he was struggling at the rumble. Save Punk/HHH for Survivor Series and give us Nash/Punk and Nash/HHH at the two PPVs in between.

I thought Barratt /Punk could maybe have been a bit more competitive mind you, similar to Orton/Ziggler. I'm not too bothered that they're not doing much with Barratt just now because he's not brilliant in-ring, but he does have more than enough personality and charisma to be safe, so there's plenty of time for him.

Seamus continues to go from strenth to strength too. He's good to watch these days, I hope they have decent plans for him.

i think you have cena and punk mixed up there mate....

also there is a medical reason why nash isnt wrestling. thats why the survivor series match is now happening at NOC and nash vs punk will probably be in MSG, which will be quite the atmosphere for big kev.

As much as a slowburner storyline would be great to see unravel I think the only way for the Punk-Triple H storyline to continue would for Triple H to do pull some cowardly stuny at Night of Champions. A clearly defined good and bad guy are essential in WWE to get the best reactions out of the typical live crowds. I think a smattering of cheers and boos for both guys is cooling things down a little. A CM Punk win at NOC followed by an angry Triple H pedigree ater the match would get things moving nicely towards Hell in a Cell.

i think you have cena and punk mixed up there mate....

Where? :blush:

Is that confirmed about Nash not being cleared? I read a few posts mentioning that the other day, but they all said it was just rumours and Meltzer & co were sceptical of it.

Would be a bit crap if we don't get a match or two out of him

• Paid Members
Where? :blush:

Is that confirmed about Nash not being cleared? I read a few posts mentioning that the other day, but they all said it was just rumours and Meltzer & co were sceptical of it.

Would be a bit crap if we don't get a match or two out of him

Whatever injury Nash has isn't too serious, and he should be cleared in time to squash Punk at HIAC.

He should still be right on schedule to taking the strap at Survivor Series as well. MSG is the house that Diesel built!.

• Paid Members
Whatever injury Nash has isn't too serious, and he should be cleared in time to squash Punk at HIAC.

He should still be right on schedule to taking the strap at Survivor Series as well. MSG is the house that Diesel built!.

"Does the Garden even hold 29,000 people?"

Archived