Major League Baseball Discussion Thread

David

2 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

Yeah, they're well bollocks and probably will be for the next three years. Good club though, you could have been given a Marlins hat by accident or something.

Well that's not very nice is it 

Same old story for us Marlins, pitching should be decent once again but it all depends on how well the hitting rebounds from a lot of down years last year

69-93 last season but went 26-41 in 1 run/Extra inning, if we can win just 10 more of those games we could be around .500 if the breaks fall right but can't see any sort of playoff run.

Which will take us to 20 years without a playoff berth in traditional non covid seasons (we will always have 2020 tho when we swept those Cubs)

Heading to LA Thursday for Wrestlemania but planning to take in Dodgers vs Rockies next Tuesday, so looking forward to seeing Dodger Staidum in person.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

NL Central champions and smoked in the first round of the playoffs because it's a duff division.

^

Arsed enough to finish first, not arsed enough to get the first round bye because finishing first isn't enough any more. Arrenado will have egg on his face for taking his option up, it's Waino's last year (until his next year) And Wilson Contreras' Up-Yours-Cubs act wlll likely flame out, no doubt thanks to a crock of some kind.

But yeah, London will be good.

• Paid Members

Mariners had a great last season so I’m just hoping for more of the same. Anything less than postseason would be a disappointment. I’m not 100% on the comings and going of the squad, strong in places but big losses in others.

• Paid Members

I think the Mariners have a better than expected shot of winning the division. Know the Astros are reigning champions, but after losing Verlander, I don't think you need much more than some guys on the Mariners (Gilbert, Kelenic, JRod) to take a step forward and a few on the Astros to take an equivalent step back and it's right up in the air.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

Jomboy breakdown videos are always fun. This one from a few days ago is class. One of the daftest ejections you will ever see.

If one ever thinks that football refs are egomaniacs, look a few ejections up. Umps can be a special breed of precious at times.

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, seph said:

If one ever thinks that football refs are egomaniacs, look a few ejections up. Umps can be a special breed of precious at times.

There is no football referee that has the combination of ineptitude and arrogance that Angel Hernandez has. 

• Paid Members

Former umpire Joe West was one of the most pro wrestling figures to never do anything in pro wrestling. I listen to his podcast sometimes which sounds exactly like a shoot DVD with wildly exaggerated stories + brilliant ad reads for boner pills which always make me laugh considering he looks and sounds like Jim Ross.

One of the great moments in the history of our great game:

Mrs Mears and I are in for the night watching all the opening day action and we're doing some BASEBALL SNACKS in the form of buffalo chicken dip, burgers and then peanuts and jerky to graze on in the later evening.  Plan is Yankess vs Giants at 6, Sox vs Orioles at 7 assuming it isn't rained out, Mets vs Marlins at 9 (Mad Max vs Alcantara is a choice match up) and then see where we get to after as 10PM is my bed time.

Yep we are having our traditional opening day as well. Hot dogs and curly fries, and watching Boston lose while I defend my boy Chris Sale from my girlfriend demanding he is stored in bubble wrap to stop him Nashing his arm again. 

Edited by Keith Houchen

4 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

I’ll have to catch the Mariners opener tomorrow as it’s on at 3:10am which isn’t a time i’ve seen in about a decade.

Remember to click the spoilers tab to hide the scores on MLB.TV!

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Remember to click the spoilers tab to hide the scores on MLB.TV!

I will! The Red Sox game is the free game of the day so I’ll likely catch that to whet my appetite!