Major League Baseball Discussion Thread

David

• Paid Members

I can give or take the Baseball Zen stuff but the Hall of Fame Connections stuff is way worse. They have 4 of them on a cycle and they're all too long for the breaks so never finish. Absolute worst by a country mile though is the one about Yogi Berra where she does an impression and mucks the line and they kept it in.
"Ain't been done benfore and it ain't been done since".

Mariners all over the place this season so far at the bat. 11-2 against Angels off the back of nothing, but the next day can't capitalise on an awful start from Ohtani where he hits two and walks four or five in the first few innings.
Pitching wise we're looking strong though and despite Castillo getting all the hype, it's Flexen that's impressed me most so far.

• Paid Members

Pancaked by the Braves over 3 games. But Walker hit his first homer so it's all puppies and rainbows in the FO.

• Paid Members

Red Sox swept at home by the Pirates, which is even worse than I could have anticipated.

Hall of Fame Connections is, indeed, fucking shit. Might be livable if there was more than just Yogi Berra, Casey Stengel, Babe Ruth and New York meeting the King of England. More like Yankess Connect amIright?

• Paid Members

That stuff's really getting on my nerves now. Especially as clicking on the  top of the 1st inning (when the Cards are away) links to *the start of the feed* so there's no telling of how much of the unskippable inserts I have to sit through just to watch actual baseball.

Furthermore for some reason the historical stuff appears to be muted on my feed.

Edited by seph

• Paid Members

Heck of a Mariners game last night. Shame we couldn’t do the sweep but 2-1 in the series is still a good go.
The writing was on the wall as soon as we went into extra innings because as good as our pitching can be we really struggle with that killer instinct at bat when it matters. When it got to the 12th and we brought Penn Murfee on for the 3rd game in a row you could see he didn’t have it in him and that was the end.

Our next series is against the Cubs which is exciting.

• Paid Members

Have a bad feeling about the series with the Cubs. They seemed a league above us last night and we were lucky to take them to extra innings. I know they relied a lot on it last season, but these 1 run leads the Mariners love to have are nerve wracking.

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

Have a bad feeling about the series with the Cubs. They seemed a league above us last night and we were lucky to take them to extra innings. I know they relied a lot on it last season, but these 1 run leads the Mariners love to have are nerve wracking.

The @gmoney effect, you'd be cleaning up this series if he'd never been sent that damned hat.

Duvall getting injured is a disaster. Any fledgling hope this team won't blow right out the window with that one. We'll be lucky to get one out of Tampa who are irritatingly good yet again. I wish they'd move somewhere decent, there's the makings of a great franchise somewhere with that front office but it's hard to ever give a shit when there's about 15 people in the whole country who support them and Tropicana Field is an utter toilet.

I’ve seen best case scenario for Duvall is 4 weeks and worst case is a year. Fucking hell. 

White Sox continue to be a mess defensively. Sheets had a mare last night against the Twins but Lopez held it together for a four out save. I was not feeling baseball zen when he was on the mound!  It’s going to be shit this season, isn’t it?

• Paid Members

Completely lucked out with the baseball. Took the plunge this season on getting the MLB Network so I can watch all the full games and not just the Free Game of The Day. The consistency of which I'm now watching it combined with the amount of MLB The Show I've been playing lately has slowly got my wife into the game.
She chose to support the Orioles "because they have a cute bird logo" but after a week or two of watching them and asking me all the rules she's super into it and has favourite players (Cedric Mullins and Adley Rutschman) and she's playing a lot of Co-op MLB The Show with me too and was almost immediately better than I am.

She doesn't like The Mariners though because "they're boring" which to be honest, I get it. Orioles are an exciting team to watch with plenty of plays and runs, whereas The Mariners scrape 1-0 wins. We'll see who gets the last laugh in June when we play each other.

Ah mate, that’s lovely. We are a baseball couple and whenever it’s the Sox derby we make a night of it with homemade ballpark food and the like, and sit in our respective team’s colours! 

She doesn’t play The Show, though, and I’m really grateful about that as she destroyed my months and months of Forza best times within a week of playing it!