Major League Baseball Discussion Thread

David

• Paid Members

The organisers of the World Baseball Classic couldn't have planned the last out of the final game any better if they tried. Ohtani pitching to Trout with the game on the line. Ohtani is the most remarkable player. A real breath of fresh air in the game. It has been an enjoyable watch. 

7 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

The organisers of the World Baseball Classic couldn't have planned the last out of the final game any better if they tried. Ohtani pitching to Trout with the game on the line. Ohtani is the most remarkable player. A real breath of fresh air in the game. It has been an enjoyable watch. 

There’s a massive snobbery/underestimating about Japanese baseball and Japanese players from some sections of the US. Sho will hopefully put an end to that, he’s incredible isn’t he. 

Also, delighted for Japan. And their commentary team in particular. This from when they hit the walk off in the semi. 

• Paid Members

Season is nearly upon us. I think the Red Sox will again be bang average this year, and we'll be fighting it out with the O's for the AL East wooden spoon. Still, the positivity and clubhouse culture seem much better and will some rookies like Casas and Bello getting games I reckon it will be way more fun than 2022, when you had Xander and Eovaldi acting like John Henry had just killed their dog for most of the year.

The rotation is held together with string. Sale, Kluber and Paxton would have been a superb 1-2-3 about 8 years ago, if any of them make it past 150 innings for the year I'll be amazed. So, we're probably going to see plenty of the likes of Houck, who is not a starter, and guys like Josh Wincokwski who isn't a major league getting starting assignments which is terrifying.

More White Sox mediocrity incoming but at least La Russa won’t be there making smiling a punishable offence and everyone shouldn’t get injured legging it to first. Delighted to have Benintendi though, he was my girlfriend’s favourite when he was in Boston. He was dead to her when he joined the Wankees though. 

The clock count for at bats is ridiculous and should provide moments of farce! And MLB The Show is out today as well!!

• Paid Members

My partner tried to buy me an LA Clippers hat for Christmas, but was sent a Chicago Cubs hat in error (same colours and similar design). I've kept that, and I've decided to follow the Cubs. Tell me UKFF baseball heads, are the Cubs in with a shout of winning the Worlds Series Cup Championship Trophy or whatever it's called, or are they a load of old shite? 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

They’re a load of old shite. They are playing in London this year though, so you wear your hat, I’ll wear my White Sox colours and we can have a good old fight and bring our culture to the game!

Excellent! Bring ya tool!

Cubs are “Proper Baseball” though. One of the few stadiums that aren’t the equivalent of our identical top tier ones. 

Bacon, I can see the cards winning their division. They’re who the cubs are playing in London so get some colours and bring your fucking dinner and join me and Gfunk for a proper tear up. 

4 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Bacon, I can see the cards winning their division. They’re who the cubs are playing in London so get some colours and bring your fucking dinner and join me and Gfunk for a proper tear up. 

Yep, am still planning to pick up a cheap ticket on Twickets if I can.

I'll dust off the Mark McGwire 1998 shirt I have somewhere.