Major League Baseball Discussion Thread

David

• 1 month later...

My White Sox supporting ass is fine, thanks. But my Red Sox supporting girlfriend? Not so much, although she declared the season was over months ago!!

Im proper gutted for Chris Sale though. Back after injury and breaks his finger when a pitch it hit back at him on the mound. 

9 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

My White Sox supporting ass is fine, thanks. But my Red Sox supporting girlfriend? Not so much, although she declared the season was over months ago!!

Im proper gutted for Chris Sale though. Back after injury and breaks his finger when a pitch it hit back at him on the mound. 

Oh, apologies, I thought you supported all the Boston teams :)

1 minute ago, SuperBacon said:

Oh, apologies, I thought you supported all the Boston teams :)

It’s something my brother mocks me for. He supports all the Washington teams but I support teams from Chicago, Miami, Boston and Toronto!

And New England Patriots can fuck all the way off. 

Much sadness in the Houchen Household tonight, big favourite in Kasa Kool Keith, Andrew Benintendi has signed for the Yankees. He is dead to us now. My girlfriends Red Sox jersey with his name on it will be set ablaze. 

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

I'm finally giving Baseball a try, and I'm really enjoying the BBC coverage with that Felix bloke on commentary and actively learning the sport along with me. 

I need a team to "support" though, but I've no idea who anyone is. So come on lads, suggest me a team to support, please!

5 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

I'm finally giving Baseball a try, and I'm really enjoying the BBC coverage with that Felix bloke on commentary and actively learning the sport along with me. 

I need a team to "support" though, but I've no idea who anyone is. So come on lads, suggest me a team to support, please!

I only "support" the Cardinals as I was in the States during the McGwire/Sosa homer race and was obsessed with it and bought an amazing cap (long lost now)

So find some tenuous thing you like about something (a shirt, name of a player) and use that as your reason :)