Major League Baseball Discussion Thread

David

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members
36 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Oh my days.

They should all get ripped for that. But if stepping on first with the ball is enough for the out (which it was), why did the catcher have to tag the runner when his foot was already on the plate? Different rule?

30 minutes ago, seph said:

They should all get ripped for that. But if stepping on first with the ball is enough for the out (which it was), why did the catcher have to tag the runner when his foot was already on the plate? Different rule?

He's not on the base when he catches the ball though? Unless you're talking about the catcher and the runner coming from second to steal home? In that case, I'm not quite sure.

The first baseman is absolutely to blame for this fuck up. It was two outs as well. 

48 minutes ago, seph said:

Catcher has to tag the runner at home unless the runner is forced to advance, ie if the bases were loaded. Same as if someone steals second or third they have to be ran down and tagged, but if you’re on first and the batter makes contact, you have to run so stepping on the base is an out. 
EDIT - This applies to ground hits, so doesn’t include things like infield fly rule  

tldr - if you choose to run, you have to be tagged. If you have to run, a step on base is an out. 

White Sox are doing great thus far considering the injuries to key players. And to be honest, some of La Russa’s decision making is fucking baffling. 

Edited by Keith Houchen
Death To The Opposition!!

• 1 month later...

El Nino is another level. White Sox are STILL doing brilliantly with all the injuries they have this year. Looking forward to the inevitable Spursing come October. 

Edited by Keith Houchen

• 1 month later...

Field of Dreams game tonight! Go Sox!!

If you don’t know, there is an actual MLB game at the Field Of Dreams film set in Iowa. The movie set didn’t meet MLB requirements so they built one that did next to it. Teams will be wearing old style uniforms and it’s the first MLB game to be played in Iowa. 

Going to rewatch the film because it’s brilliant. 

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

We're going to screw it up, or run out of gas, or get dicked by the Dodgers. But I'm enjoying this for now. Smacking 20 runs past the Cubs in a day is enough to go giddy at the best of times, but to tie the team record winning streak, and to do so this late in the season.... is this HOPE I'm feeling? i don't like it....

cards.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

All to play for on the final day for the wild card spot. If the Red Sox beat the nats, they’ve got it, but there’s so many ifs and buts. Not that I’m too invested as the White Sox are division winners anyway!