Major League Baseball Discussion Thread

David

Do we have any forum members who follow the sport? We're not far away from the play-offs this season, and it looks doubtful that my team (the Toronto Blue Jays) will be able to secure a slot.

Any predictions? Or does anyone follow a particular team?

• Paid Members
I used to follow it. Texas Rangers fan. When Channel 5 stopped showing it I slowly fell out of it though.

Are Josh Hamilton and Pujols still the daddies?

Pujos doesn't have monster seasons but is still capable of putting 35-40 homers a year; Lance Berkman has been a beast for the Cards by putting up comparable hits. Shame the rest of the Cards aren't putting in as much work or we wouldn't be 10 games behind the sodding Brewers. Who we will probably be surrendering the NL Central to in three games time.

Edited by seph

Part time follower and another who has slowly fallen out of love since Channel 5 lost the rights.

Did manage to go to Fenway for a Red Sox game when the missus and I were over there in July, fantastic ball park!

I've got a soft spot for the Marlins, only because the 2003 World Series was the first I watched and love supporting an underdog

Part time follower and another who has slowly fallen out of love since Channel 5 lost the rights.

Did manage to go to Fenway for a Red Sox game when the missus and I were over there in July, fantastic ball park!

I've got a soft spot for the Marlins, only because the 2003 World Series was the first I watched and love supporting an underdog

this is pretty much the same as me, I keep an eye out but thats about it. Really wish Channel 5 did sports again.

I really like the Houston Astros, no idea why....just wanted to support a team that never won a World Series when I started following MLB.

Whos the favourites then for this year?

• Paid Members

I am usually forced to watch baseball! My husband is a New York Yankee. He is American though, they're kinda obsessed with it over here. I've never personally been able to get into it. The games are stupidly long.

I keep toying with the idea of getting myself a Red Sox jersey as a joke.

Do we have any forum members who follow the sport? We're not far away from the play-offs this season, and it looks doubtful that my team (the Toronto Blue Jays) will be able to secure a slot.

Another Jays fan here. Desperately hoping for 82 wins this season. Delighted by the play of Canada's own Brett Lawrie since his call up to the bigs and of course the free swinging Joey Bats. I'd love to see Doc Halladay win a ring with the Phillies this year, particularly if they can knock off an AL East team in the World Series.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

THE CARDS MADE IT~~~~!

Must suck to be a Braves fan right now, but we hit our stride at the right time. In fuckin' Minute Maid Park, of all places. Shame we've got to face the team that helped got us in by beating Atlanta in the 13th, the Phillies. We must be the outside NL bet to reach the World Series, but if we can just not suck on the pitching side...

The 2001 World Series made me fall in love with baseball. Sadly I think I peaked too soon with it, nonething since has matched those heights for me. Add me to the club who has seen little of it since it fell off Channel 5. I do enjoy a few hours radio coverage on Sunday afternoons every now and then though. It's pretty relaxing.