Major League Baseball Discussion Thread

David

I downloaded the MLB app for the Xbox so that's me sorted. Anyone else use it?

There's a further subscription needed if you want to watch entire games Keith (except the free one they give you), which costs something like $25 per month. It gives you unlimited access to every game though, all in HD.

In other news we were swept by the Nationals, just as I thought we would be. A few Bautista homers didn't really do anything other than keep the results looking respectable, plus we've lost two starting pitchers in consecutive games by the looks of it.

Brandon Morrow has been placed on the DL list, and last night Kyle Drabek felt something pop in his elbow and had to leave the game early. Couple that with the fact we've dropped below .500 for the first time this season and I'm pretty glad we have a day off today and the Phillies next at the Rogers Center.

Edited by David

Would you believe that the Jays have lost yet another starting pitcher in the first inning of a game?!? Drew Hutchinson left the field with a right elbow UCL sprain yesterday, which means that we've lost 60% of our starting rotation since Monday!

In the past 2 weeks i have been to Wrigley Field to see My Boston Red Sox take on the Cubs and to Fenway yesterday to see The Sox beat the Braves, which turned out to be Kevin YOOOOOOUUUKKKilis final appearance in a Red Sox uniform!

Crazy stat, but the Red Sox have lost more "days" (on the DL) to injuries this year than the entire season last year.

Loving the MLB love on the UKFF!

• Paid Members

I watch most of the NY Yankee games. However, I did get to a Red Sox game (visited my friend out in Cape Cod and she's a lifelong Sox fan) that lasted for 17 innings. We were there for almost SEVEN HOURS. If was vs. Orioles. As a thanks to the people that stayed they let the few people that were left run the bases, I managed to get a little dirt from the field too. Was pretty amazing to be on the field at Fenway Park, even as a Yankee fan.

We are going up to Toronto in August to watch the Yankees play Blue Jays as it's only 90 mins away from us here in Buffalo.

We are going up to Toronto in August to watch the Yankees play Blue Jays as it's only 90 mins away from us here in Buffalo.

There's a hotdog vendor on Front Street West, just outside the Baton Rouge restaurant on gamedays that sells the best hotdogs I've ever had. I'd advise you to give them a go if you get the chance. It's virtually three minutes from the ballpark.

What's your take on the Youk trade to the White Sox, Darren? You happy with the deal your club got?

Very happy! To be fair as good a player as Youkillis WAS, Middlebrooks is better right now than he IS.

Plus the speculation about his negative influence in the clubhouse - it was best for the Red Sox and best for Youk!

I also think that Brent Lillibridge has a great upside, and could be a big help down the stretch!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

If you're Seattle and you're 16 games+ behind in the AL West, do you:

C) Trade Ichiro to the Yanks for two draft picks and some magic beans?

A fellow suffering Jays fan. Our problem is that we are in the insanely loaded AL East. I mean we are over .500 and still sit 4th in the division. We've got the bats, just no pitching. Hopefully the 10-player trade with the Astros will help next year, but we need a top-tier #1 pitcher in the rotation to be a threat up top.