Major League Baseball Discussion Thread

David

Yeah, the AtBat app on my iPad, the TV stream on the computer & now it's integrated on my smart BluRay player.  NEVER had any quality issues.

Last night's TB/NYY game was a nailbiter for me; Weeks Jr. had a corkin' 2-run homer in the second. :)  NYY won, but I still enjoyed that game.  I tend not to watch TOO many others, but the Orioles still seem to be the team for Tampa to overcome.  I've seen TB play 'em dozens of times over the years, but it happens that was what the season schedule was when I was in Tampa. 

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

Wonderful evening of entertainment tonight, watching the Sox absolutely demolish the Blue Jays 15-1. Mookie Betts in particular was in imperious form. Been a great run of games recently and it's nice to put some daylight between us and the dastardly Yankees.

1 hour ago, Gus Mears said:

Wonderful evening of entertainment tonight, watching the Sox absolutely demolish the Blue Jays 15-1. Mookie Betts in particular was in imperious form. Been a great run of games recently and it's nice to put some daylight between us and the dastardly Yankees.

There are three flats in my house, I'm a White Sox fan, my girlfriend is a Red Sox fan and the guy in the other flat is a Yankees fan, although he is from New York.  They both laugh at me.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

Why you gotta hurt me like this man? Absolute shocking from the Jays again, though I've got to a point of saying that so often it means less now.

You're welcome and I think the fourth part might be on YouTube too. The other parts I haven't come across yet and there's a total of 9 episodes fittingly titled Innings. You can buy it on DVD and I think it maybe on the MLB Network.

Just noticed today there was another Ken Burns doc on PBSAmerica about Jackie Robinson which I missed as it was on Sunday and Monday morning. I'm assuming they will show it again. Its on YouTube too but has audio issues. 

YouTube has other docs too about Babe Ruth and one of the movie channels showed Pride of the Yankees recently the story of Lou Gehrig who sadly had to retire because of ALS/MND.