Major League Baseball Discussion Thread

David

The ABY is as strong in Baseball as the ABU is in football for me.  My brother is a Nats fan so he is delighted with them dumping out the Dodgers.  I think I'm going for them or the Astros.  The Nats are a good team who started terribly, so could they be hitting stride at the right time?

• Paid Members

Every year since Matheny took over from La Russa the Cards would always run out of gas right at the end of the year. Momentum counts for so much and even up to yesterday I figured we wouldn't outlast the Braves with their hitting. Then *that* display happened.

It's the hope that gets you.I think if we get past Washington in 4 or 5 we have a strong shot.

• Paid Members

I find it very hard to pick a winner in the NLCS, though I'll be rooting for the Nats. In small part it's because I love the Mad Max, Strasburg, Corbin 1-2-3 punch, but mostly it's because them reaching the World Series immediately after Harper has gone would make me laugh.

• Paid Members
On 10/10/2019 at 7:50 PM, seph said:

It's the hope that gets you.I think if we get past Washington in 4 or 5 we have a strong shot.

Welp. 2-0 down heading to Washington.

• Paid Members

Scherzer was outstanding last night. Lighting conditions helped early, but the Cards couldn't lay a bat on anything. The Nats bullpen might blow, but when you're only giving them 2 innings of work and Doolittle can come in, it's going to be difficult.

The less said about the start of the ALCS the better.

• Paid Members
On 10/13/2019 at 7:51 AM, Gus Mears said:

Tthe Cards couldn't lay a bat on anything. The Nats bullpen might blow, but when you're only giving them 2 innings of work and Doolittle can come in, it's going to be difficult.

CTRL-C + CTRL-V

• Paid Members

And we got swept. 8 hits in 4 games. The year is an improvement but we cannot compete with the bullpen we have, especially if the hitting is going to not show up 3 games of 4. Mozeilak needs canning as well, kicking him upstairs from the GM position has done fuck all for the team with the sole exceptions of finding Goldschmidt and Edman.

Houston are leading the Yanks, best of luck to 'em.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

Astros better do it so I can rip my cock off watching Verlander, Cole and Grienke vs Scherzer, Strasburg and Corbin. 

As a Tigers fan the thoughts of Verlander vs Scherzer game one of the world series would be both wonderful and upsetting. 

• Paid Members

Wonderful to see the Yankees go out, especially in gut-wrenching fashion via a walk off.

Great World Series line up. You'd think the Astros should do it in 5 or 6, but the Nationals have got hot at exactly the right time and either set of starting pitchers could dominate.

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

Wonderful to see the Yankees go out, especially in gut-wrenching fashion via a walk off.

Great World Series line up. You'd think the Astros should do it in 5 or 6, but the Nationals have got hot at exactly the right time and either set of starting pitchers could dominate.

Agree Astros are rightful favourites, and deserve to win purely because they ensured the Yankees wouldnt get there.

I actually think the sizable break will negatively impact the Nationals as well. Regardless will be a cracking world series.