Major League Baseball Discussion Thread

David

3 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

100% agreed. Whoever thought replacing Bartolo Colon's home run with that shite needs firing.

At this rate, I’ll be planning a terrorist attack on Cooperstown by Tuesday 

Spoiler

Just joking, FBI guys!!

• Paid Members

What a first game of the season that Red Sox/Orioles was. I made the huge mistake of being in the bath and convincing myself I’d get out once the inning was over, which turned out to be the 4th and I almost evolved gills I was in there so long.

Hopefully chalk it down to first day rust but there were major mistakes on both sides that could have cost either team the win. Made for a brill game for a casual though.

Yeah, the Red Sox pitching left loads to be desired. Think it was 9 walks by the end? I know they sound like daft excuses but it was real cold and Fenway in the day casts shadows at home plate. Did you see the flag shadow early on? Mental!  

Devers given out over a clock violation was shit, the pitcher wasn’t even ready but that’s the rule! Great to see Yoshida have a great first game, he played for Orix Buffaloes who are my Japanese team on the virtue of once buying a jersey of theirs from a thrift store in Chicago. A noble reason for support I’m sure you’ll all agree! 

• Paid Members

Fun game. Great manager though he is, atrocious in game management by Cora. Brasier and Ort are the two worst players in that bullpen, so no idea why you go to them when the game is still winnable, especially with a rest day tomorrow. Oh well, bats looked good.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Yeah, the Red Sox pitching left loads to be desired. Think it was 9 walks by the end? I know they sound like daft excuses but it was real cold and Fenway in the day casts shadows at home plate. Did you see the flag shadow early on? Mental!  

Orix Buffaloes who are my Japanese team on the virtue of once buying a jersey of theirs from a thrift store in Chicago. A noble reason for support I’m sure you’ll all agree! 

No you need a better reason than that, like being given the wrong hat or something. 

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Devers given out over a clock violation was shit, the pitcher wasn’t even ready but that’s the rule! Great to see Yoshida have a great first game, he played for Orix Buffaloes who are my Japanese team on the virtue of once buying a jersey of theirs from a thrift store in Chicago. A noble reason for support I’m sure you’ll all agree! 

Yeah not surprised to hear how cold it was after seeing the shadow flag blowing around and then the entire mound covered by shadows for a couple of innings. Yoshida was definitely a standout for the right reasons as opposed to Kluber who was a standout for all the wrong ones.

• Paid Members
On 3/28/2023 at 7:37 PM, seph said:

Wilson Contreras' Up-Yours-Cubs act wlll likely flame out, no doubt thanks to a crock of some kind.

I DIDNT MEAN IN GAME ONE FFS