Major League Baseball Discussion Thread

David

1 hour ago, Gus Mears said:

MadBum designated for assignment.

He's only 33 and has been cooked since 29. Not sure I can think of a pitcher so good in the modern era for multiple years who imploded so young. Just sad watching him throw 88mph shitballs outside the zone yesterday when I stuck Arizona on.

His little set to do with Contreras was ace!

• Paid Members
45 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

A month into the season and I would happily murder every person involved with Hall of Fame Connections.

My top five Hall of Fame Connections:

1. Ain’t bin done benfore and it ain’t bin done since.

2. Obviously with my English we had a little trouble understanding each other.

3. Can I spit in the glove?

4. Do you know the story about Doubleday and the ✌️invention of baseball ✌️?

5. This is Spalding? Oh so this is the backstory.

Shite. The lot of them.

On 3/28/2023 at 1:01 PM, MVP RULZ said:

69-93 last season but went 26-41 in 1 run/Extra inning, if we can win just 10 more of those games we could be around .500 if the breaks fall right but can't see any sort of playoff run.

Well we've certainly reversed that record from last year as after last night we currently sit 9-0 in 1 run games and are 2 games over .500 at 15-13.

Its not been pretty at times and the bullpen is being taxed far too much (107 innings for 3rd most in the majors thus far) and whilst they've been performing generally well up to this point its only a matter of time until the workload catches up

Oddly the perceived strength going into the season, the Starting pitching hasn't quite lived up to the billing with even Sandy having an up and down 1st month.

Luzardo, Cabrera all shown flashes with various degrees of control issues whilst Rogers looked like his 2021 self before landing on the IL.

Braxton Garrett has been the only real consistent starter in April.

The hitting is coming along but still under performing on the whole but Jazz is starting to heat up now but the lack of a real home run threat up and down the order still leads to having to play small ball most nights.

Still over we are over .500 and have had quite a tough schedule so more then happy with the start to the season.

1 hour ago, Gus Mears said:

You know Chris Sale ain't what he used to be when he gets through 5 innings without shitting himself and you can hear people in the crowd yelling "Come on Chris!" like he's Tim fucking Henman.

YOU WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT. Chris was ace today! Although I did panic when the batter hit the pitch back at him and it hit him. Red Sox we’re pretty solid all round today. 

Now, back to watching the White Sox inevitable choke. 

• Paid Members

Great Bank Holiday Weekend for Baseball. We had my wife’s family over yesterday for a “Baseball Party” which my wife was excited about. Got typical stuff in like Hot Dogs, Nachos, Chicken Wings, Peanuts and Pretzels, etc.
Stuck the Orioles double header from Saturday on as we held off watching it live and it all went down a storm. By the time they left the live Sunday Orioles game was on and then after that we watched the Mariners make a stunning comeback and a grand slam, which was a rare treat.

Glad both teams are on a break today like as four games in a day was enough for a while!

Finished my March to October on The Show 23 this morning though and beat the LA Dodgers 4-1 in the World Series then miraculously followed it up with a 5 Star Off-Season despite me losing out on most of my first pick signings but taking Adam Frazier back from the Orioles and re-signing Teoscar Hernandez.

4421E165-E489-493A-B760-0D87F6E65839.thumb.jpeg.adf9625fafd2a1f8a6ad67306e4734d7.jpeg

12 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Now, back to watching the White Sox inevitable choke. 

Jesus Corkhill Christ. Gave up 5 runs in the 8th thanks to Lopez being awful, then hit 7 in the bottom of the 9th topped off with a 3 run walk off homer. Amazing scenes. 

1 hour ago, FelatioLips said:

We had my wife’s family over yesterday for a “Baseball Party” which my wife was excited about. Got typical stuff in like Hot Dogs, Nachos, Chicken Wings, Peanuts and Pretzels, etc.

Sounds fantastic! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I think we’re far enough into the season now to confidently say there’s something fishy with Aaron Judge isn’t there?

Looking it up it seemed to be a common accusation last season too. Is there something to it or is he just naturally that good? He stands out like a sore thumb.