Major League Baseball Discussion Thread

David

I have just started getting into baseball and have just started sort of keeping it up with it at the start of the new season, I understand that it's changed this year with bigger bases and a pitcher clock, is there any good podcasts anyone could recommend in regards to keeping up with baseball news etc? Thanks in advance 

8 minutes ago, Vegeta said:

I have just started getting into baseball and have just started sort of keeping it up with it at the start of the new season, I understand that it's changed this year with bigger bases and a pitcher clock, is there any good podcasts anyone could recommend in regards to keeping up with baseball news etc? Thanks in advance 

Bat Flips And Nerds is my regular one. It’s a British one as well so it’s easy to follow without knowing local American vernacular. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Vegeta said:

Each team has a Locked On regional podcast, e.g Locked on Mariners. They’re usually only 30-45 mins so easy to digest and daily too. 

On 3/30/2023 at 7:48 PM, Keith Houchen said:

Baseball Zen is bollocks. I want to see the same plays over and over again to a thumping rock soundtrack between innings. 

I honestly don't know why they don't just leave it on a live feed with a wide angle of the field. I'm sure they do that on MLS at half time.

On the actual baseball, we've played three games and already I'm fairly certain the Jays ain't winning shit this season. Our pitching simply isn't good enough. We'll get to the play-offs I think, but seeing how the Cardinals have handled us the last two games tells its own story.

The sooner Liam Hendricks is back, the better. Lopez filled in a closer for the White Sox last night and it was one of the most nerve wracking experiences in baseball! Was 6-1 up when he took the mound and his head went, he was a broken man. Had it not been for an incredible catch from Luis Robert Jr,  the Astros would’ve probably won it in the ninth! But still, winning the series in Houston is a great start!

• Paid Members

Mariners looked to start promising in their opener but then lost the next three and there was some really shoddy play on all areas of the field. Have a horrible feeling the Angels will sweep us at this rate.

• Paid Members

Cards have got a few tools coming through in the batting as Jordan Walker is living up to the hype and Nolan Gorman, the first MLB player born in the 21st century, is starting to come good.

Now let's sort the goddamn bullpen out.