Major League Baseball Discussion Thread

David

• Paid Members

Niche and fuck all to do with the playoffs, but the Red Sox have fired Dave Bush and Carlos Febles, respectively pitching coach and third base coach. I'm delighted, they've both been atrocious for years. There's been so many pitchers who have been useless under Bush's tutelage who have moved and immediately become all star calibre - Springs, Martin Perez, Ryan bloody Brasier of all people - as big a move for me as getting a new GM.

Thoroughly enjoying the Dodgers series. You can set your watch to them folding in the postseason.

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

With Bloom gone as well I fear for my boy Chris Sale. Come back home to the Southside, Chris. Just use all of the bubble wrap in the packaging 

I would be ecstatic if he moved back given the money owed to him next year even if we have to eat half of it as is likely. It makes absolutely no sense and thus is something the White Sox absolutely could end up doing. At his best, our greatest pitcher since Pedro but just an atrocious contract - never give 200+ million to a bloke who is hitting 30, throws 96 and is built like a pipe cleaner.

2 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

I would be ecstatic if he moved back given the money owed to him next year even if we have to eat half of it as is likely. It makes absolutely no sense and thus is something the White Sox absolutely could end up doing. At his best, our greatest pitcher since Pedro but just an atrocious contract - never give 200+ million to a bloke who is hitting 30, throws 96 and is built like a pipe cleaner.

Me and my Red Sox girlfriend were saying how you’d probably get more innings from him as a reliever but you don’t pay a reliever that much. She blames his wages for that outfield and Mookie leaving. As you say, incredible pitcher but you worry someone farts near him and he dislocates a hip. 

• Paid Members

Thrilled to see Paul Sewald's Diamondbacks going far. Was gutted when we lost him.

Cancelled my MLB subscription just now as neither of our teams are left in the post-season and quite pathetically chose my reason for cancelling as "My team isn't doing well".

• Paid Members

I'm bored to tears of them but the sustained success of the Astros is incredible. What is this? 6/7 consecutive ALCS appearances? Considering I would argue they have consistently had 'worse' teams than the Dodgers in the period they have both been brilliant it's a hell of a record, even more so now the playoff format encourages upsets more than in the past you could argue.

All the same, come on 'dem Cowboys. I think a Phillies vs Rangers World Series would be my preferred option now.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

Thrilled to see Paul Sewald's Diamondbacks going far. Was gutted when we lost him.

Cancelled my MLB subscription just now as neither of our teams are left in the post-season and quite pathetically chose my reason for cancelling as "My team isn't doing well".

Wasn't the postseason blacked out live on MLB.TV same as the shit they pulled at the last second last year?

p.s. Fuck Houston. They lost nothing of actual value when they got caught, and are living off the gains.

Edited by seph

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, seph said:

Wasn't the postseason blacked out live on MLB.TV same as the shit they pulled at the last second last year?

p.s. Fuck Houston. They lost nothing of actual value when they got caught, and are living off the gains.

I have no idea! I stopped watching when the Mariners lost contention and then never caught an Orioles game because I’d check the highlights in the morning before work and see they lost!

Bit shite you subscribe all year and don’t get the post season though. How are UK fans meant to watch it?

1 minute ago, FelatioLips said:

How are UK fans meant to watch it?

“By subscribing to our international partners ESPN/TNT”

I’m sure a VPN or DNS or whatever located in an international market that isn’t blacked out would sort it. 

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

“By subscribing to our international partners ESPN/TNT”

I’m sure a VPN or DNS or whatever located in an international market that isn’t blacked out would sort it. 

I've had BT for years since I had Sky, but kept the sub up because £36pm was a lot less than £106pm. By cutting that thread (now they sold the TV side to Discovery) I've saved an extra £6pm on top.