Major League Baseball Discussion Thread

David

• Paid Members

Orioles and Mariners have been a pleasure to watch this season. Orioles are good fun with a great atmosphere but the Mariners are starting to show a little bit more character than usual. It's been an odd season for us so far though as it feels like every team we've played so far signed one of our players during the off-season.
The game against Atlanta today was ace. Opened with Jarred Kelenic explaining how he's grown as a person since he played for us and did an interview crying his eyes out because he accidentally broke his foot kicking a bin and ended with us walking them off in the bottom of the 9th. You love to see it.

I’ve been on a bit of a hot streak betting on American sports this last week or so. I’ve no knowledge on the teams but with there only being two outcomes to any game it’s a bit easier to play the odds. As it is I’ve picked up a passing interest in baseball. I  like that there’s a tactical aspect of it that’s quite easy to understand and that it’s rounders (literally) on steroids  I don’t think I could be arsed sitting through a whole game with all those fucking breaks though.

I quite like that there’s sports that I can enjoy without having an affiliation to any one side but when the thrill of chasing dozens of pounds wears off I’ll probably need a bit more to keep me interested. So who’s a good team with a storied history of success whose fans think they deserve to win everything but rarely do that I can get behind? Who are the Liverpool of Baseball if I were to try and get behind a team? I know there’s a natural link with the Red Sox but who else?

Cardinals fans can be a bit entitled, as can Angels (although with them in the shadow of their neighbours they’re more like Everton). Houston fans always moan about stuff was never their fault when they cheat and they moan about the umpires so there’s that. 

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Cardinals fans can be a bit entitled

Very true, if "just be in the conversation for hot propsects", "invest in a half-decent bullpen" and "don't throw your squad under the bus every chance you get" is a luxury.