Police cause another death

Richie Freebird

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Just to let y'all know as a TASER instructor, chances of this death being anything to do with the actual voltage going through the fella are remote, unless he had a heart condition and even then, still remote.

It's just a remote activated Tens machine in effect.

He may have fallen and hit his head, which is probable, but other than that I can't see it being the TASER, after all on the 'least intrusive to the rights of the individual' scale, it's lower than physical hands on, baton, AEP round and pretty much everything.

Cracking bit of kit.

• Moderators
Just to let y'all know as a TASER instructor, chances of this death being anything to do with the actual voltage going through the fella are remote, unless he had a heart condition and even then, still remote.

It's just a remote activated Tens machine in effect.

He may have fallen and hit his head, which is probable, but other than that I can't see it being the TASER, after all on the 'least intrusive to the rights of the individual' scale, it's lower than physical hands on, baton, AEP round and pretty much everything.

Cracking bit of kit.

Training people in their use doesn't make you an expert though does it? The whole subject of Taser related deaths in the past few years since their more widespread use by police is a pretty contentious subject, currently without any definitive conclusion. And you're not really in any kind of position to have an unbiased or balanced view.

• Paid Members
Training people in their use doesn't make you an expert though does it? The whole subject of Taser related deaths in the past few years since their more widespread use by police is a pretty contentious subject, currently without any definitive conclusion. And you're not really in any kind of position to have an unbiased or balanced view.

Probably makes him more knowledgeable on the subject than most of us though.

It's called shit humour.

Unfortunately these days it's too close to the truth to even be called parody. The media loves to spin bullshit stories about the so-called "Police State" and the Police being "out of control" despite the fact that it's not even remotely true. While I'm no fan of the Government I think the Police generally do a good, albeit thankless, job and don't deserve the constant barrage of media fueled misinformation and distrust.

Some peoples view of the police on here is shocking.

Is the reason some people hate the police so much because the police have stopped them committing a crime, or ensuring that they live to the same rules as everyone else?

If the police weren't around then it would be an absolute free for all, maybe people who have no interest in their own life would love a bit of madness, but most citizens would rather be ignorant and prefer to just get on with things.

I cannot believe a taser killed this man, this man who suffered from mood swings, this man who was out of his face on steroids, and Meow Meow, this man who could not be subdued by 8 police officers.

Archived