Police cause another death

Richie Freebird

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UK police very rarely use tasers, and only if the person is heavily resisting arrest.

Resisting arrest is stupid; when has it EVER worked?

• Paid Members

If he was resisting arrest, which knowing how little police officers like to use tasers implies he most definitely was, then my first thought is to feel sorry for the officer who did his job correctly and now has to put up with this scrutiny and 'brutality' bullshit while having the media try to place a death on his conscience.

UK police very rarely use tasers, and only if the person is heavily resisting arrest.

Resisting arrest is stupid; when has it EVER worked?

Whenever people have shaken em off and gotten away, I mean granted it's rare but the police aren't omnipotent, it can work.

And I'd imagine it probably was them using reasonable force it difficult circumstances, but the idea they'd never go heavy handed and smudge the paperwork later is a little naive.

Oh here we go again, everyone bitches and moans when the Police take a "softly softly" approach to crime, then complain when the Police use force on someone who's resisting arrest.

I agree the Police can't shoot them (not saying I disagree with that) Can't taser them can't hit them or it's classed as Police Brutality so what are they supposed to do ask them to "Please come here you naughty boy"

I would agree that some Police can and did take things way to far but now the Police have got to be so careful in just what they do like last week showed for the most part they've just got to stand there and take it.

• Paid Members
Doesn't exactly help when people create threads called "Police cause another death" without knowing all the facts. The title could just as easily read "Drunk idiot smashes up ex's house, resists arrest and gets taken down by extremely efficient officer"

In fairness, the police have caused the death? The title's factually correct. Your suggestion is nothing more than assumption.

TBH if someone is resisting arrest and in the process he/she gets hurt and or dies then they only have themselves to blame if they wasn't committing a crime in the 1st place and resisted arrest they would be fine.

It's like people moaning about all the CCV Cameras around following them everywhere if your doing nothing wrong then you have nothing to worry about in fact it's safer for you to go out as if anything happens to you it will be caught on camera.

Maybe if the police weren't such an untrustworthy bunch people would have a bit more confidence in them using their judgement?

That's a bit of an over generalisation, I have a few friends in the force who're amongst the people I'd trust most. And they're by no means alone, granted I've also known friends who got arrested with 10 kilo's of coke and then "Magically," only got charged with possesion of 5, before the cops moved on to their next case and forgot to put any evidence together.

Overall though I'd still say the majority are a decent bunch.

• Paid Members

Given that two of the most senior officers in the met have had to resign due to corruption & we're in the midst of one of the biggest investigations into police corruption in recent memory I'd say at the moment it's a pretty fair observation. Not to mention recent high profile miscarriages of justice & botched cover-ups (Menezes) etc.

Not to mention my own personal experience of police using excessive force/generally being twats.

Archived