Police cause another death

Richie Freebird

Yeah because it's only criminals or their associates who find issue with the police. You never hear of innocent people getting tucked up :rolleyes:

Yeah of course it happens but it's quite rare you will find that the majority of people who have issues are people who engage in criminal activity or have friends who do

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TASER stands for Thomas A. Swift's Electric Rifle

Tom Swift was a early 20th century fictional science fiction character and in one of his stories invented an electric rifle, the inventor of TASER, who I forget now, saw this character as one of his childhhod heroes and named his invention after him.

Being an instructor on TASER, I do primarily teach it's use, HOWEVER there is a lot we teach on the follow through procedures that should be put into place after a cartridge has been fired. There's all sorts we cover, including the medical side of things, and the overall effects a TASER may have on someone.

As an instructor it is our job to not only know the firearm, but also as much background knowledge as possible, I personally on my department am regarded as somewhat the expert on Attenuating Energy Projectiles and their use with England in Wales since their introduction.

The medical side of things with TASER is paramount to the training, in case those we train have to deal with such a case as a Pacemaker being affected (slim chance mind) or say the subject has been sprayed with PAVA and then engaged with a TASER cartridge, dealing with someone not only incapacitated through neuromuscular means, but also alight with an invisible flame because of the TASER charge, needs to be covered in case it were to happen out on the ground.

I will admit I am not au fait with the X12, however the X26 I would.

Don't come in here with your actual knowledge, Babylon, we were perfectly happy in our uninformed speculation.

The Police have to make their money somehow.

I suppose I would have issues with the babylon if I knew someone that was a criminal, or a criminal myself.

I never said I had an issue, I don't, have some good mates in the force. Just pointing out they're not all squeaky clean, essex included.

• Paid Members
Do you not think that’s just the tiniest bit naive?

In a way, I'd agree.

It's like any job, you get bossy wankers, lazy fuckers, political pricks, those that are on the rob, the occasional mindless dolt and then you get those that graft to climb the ladder, those happy with what they're doing and plod on through doing a great job all the time, those who have a modicum of common bleeding sense when carrying out they're job and so on ...

The majority of the lads I know across all forces are hard working down to earth fellas, who know their shit and get on with their jobs, well.

Not to say I don't train cockends every now and again, I do, and we beast the fuck out the smug bastards.

No not really I do think most are good people but like in all walks of like and all jobs of course you get your assholes.

Like I said I've never had 1 issue with the Police doing anything wrong to me but then again I've never done anything wrong to warrant it.

Fair enough buddy. I suppose I

Archived