Police cause another death

Richie Freebird

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

As I said...it'll be interesting to see what happened to warrant the guy getting tasered & we'll see whether it was appropriate or not. If it was then nobody can argue, if however it's another case of the police being heavy handed unjustifiably it's just more fuel to the fire (no pun intended).

That's quite an idealistic point of view...'don't commit a crime?' He was being arrested on suspicion ffs

Maybe so but then he wouldn't of resisted arrest he would of more likely gone quietly to get the problem sorted out do you disagree with the fact if you don't commit a crime then The Police are very unlikely to cause you any problems.

That's what gets me when Police get slated for Police brutality or something in almost every single case the person in question was committing a crime maybe big maybe small but still a crime I'm not saying The Police have never gone to far they have but if that person was doing nothing wrong in the first place then they would ok .

There are obviously bad and corrupt Police out there but even the examples given are a very very small percentage of the overall Police Force I'd say less than 2% are bad the rest are just trying to do their job the best they can.

• Paid Members
QUOTE (Dead Mike @ Aug 17 2011, 13:32)

Yes, we still have the presumption of innocence in the UK. Just about it seems

That's a little hypocritical seeing as you automatically presume the police guilty of brutality here.

Not really, I've not assumed the police acted unlawfully

I wondered about the reason for using the weapon. Are they legal to use on a single unarmed man?

If they are legal to use then the man or his family can have no real grounds for complaint. As long as procedure is followed then there should be no problem.

Well, the death was caused by something - it could have been alcohol poisoning, or an injury sustained in the struggle, as well as the tazer, we don't actually know yet. All we DO know is that he resisted arrest, got tazered, and subsequently died. That's a timeline, not a statement of causality.

Over the years I've seen the police in lost of different circumstances, and I have NEVER seen them act illegally or with excessive force. Given the difficulty of policing streets full of drunken, violent people night after night, that's quite impressive. I generally find that if you act civilly towards the police, you get the same in return. I will personally continue to assume that the police acted properly in this case until such time as any evidence is presented that this isn't true.

If they are legal to use then the man or his family can have no real grounds for complaint. As long as procedure is followed then there should be no problem.

Well, they could complain that the procedure is in fact wrong and should be changed. Just because something is legal and part of a procedure doesn't mean it's necessarily right, hence why laws and enforcement techniques are changed frequently.

• Paid Members

I actually deleted a bit in my earlier post about the contributing factors, where I included steroid use, but thought it was a bit too stereotypically wrestlerish so took it out. Now we see he's a bodybuilder, so the enlarged heart possibility isn't as outlandish a theory after all.

So the guy was a bodybuilder, and likely to have used some kind of muscle enhancers in the past which is linked with enlarging the heart. If this guy was ripped to fuck and it was two female officers trying to apprehend him and was shown to be violent it is a no brainer that they had to use a taser for their own safety.

If you watch any police documentary if they deploy the taser they give at least three or four warnings before they pull the trigger. I think it is right to presume this guy was in a fit of rage and not complying with the police. Its a tragic scenario, but they would not have tasered him if they didn't believe it was in the public interest of safety.

Aside from a huge amount of fake tan and body oil i think you can see that he was on some kind of "supplement".

_54653554_dale_burns.jpg

Dont the police have to threaten to use a taser or give a warning before they actually deploy it?

Archived