RIOT!

big mickey

• Paid Members
The shopping park at the end of my road was all hit. However, the high road running by it (Green Lanes) was barely at all - probably because that section of the street has been home to a number of Turkish and Albanian gangs, and the centre of the heroin trade in the UK, since the early to mid 90s. Seems there were a lot of guys from these gangs guarding their businesses.

A shameful state of affairs when the police are stretched so thin that it falls to organised criminals to stop looters.

That's the Mr Big Society.

Edited by JNLister

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Police Forces use their purpose built training facilities for things like that, I know our Wethersfield HQ is always dealing with shit like the above, what force were you dealing with?

Humberside/East Yorkshire.

CPS would have just laughed, I personally would have liked to have seen you locked up.

For possessing two ecstasy pills with no previous or intention to supply? We'll have to build a few hundred more prisons if you think people should be locked up for offences as minor as that.

Driving charges are easy to nail compared to most offences, simple legislation.

Um, exactly my point. They are concentrating on easy to achieve convictions that aren't particularly in the public interest, rather than harder to investigate convictions that might actually help someone. For their time, they only benefited insurance companies and got a few more quid for themselves, offset by the time they took to process it all. For a non-dangerous wrong turning at low speed.

Took drugs off the street AND sorted out someone who was committing an offence in a car IE Driving down the wrong way on a one way road, that's in my public interest to be fair.

Took two ecstasy pills off the street - what a triumph for local law enforcement. That will really help the 'war on drugs'.

Yes, my mistake on the one way street should have been pulled up (though the fact they have two officers on the corner two days a week is wholly unnecessary and stinks of a money making venture). I'm just not sure three points and a

Ok, if I just be serious for a minute...

Why has a curfew not been implemented? Not to mention getting army patrols out there to enforce it?

Compared to what I've seen over the years at flashpoints in Northern Ireland, the response by the authorities has been pretty meek.

• Paid Members
The shopping park at the end of my road was all hit. However, the high road running by it (Green Lanes) was barely at all - probably because that section of the street has been home to a number of Turkish and Albanian gangs, and the centre of the heroin trade in the UK, since the early to mid 90s. Seems there were a lot of guys from these gangs guarding their businesses.

A shameful state of affairs when the police are stretched so thin that it falls to organised criminals to stop looters.

Managed to decipher a twitter comment last night, some guy suggesting the exact some thing.

Ok, if I just be serious for a minute...

Why has a curfew not been implemented? Not to mention getting army patrols out there to enforce it?

Compared to what I've seen over the years at flashpoints in Northern Ireland, the response by the authorities has been pretty meek.

That's a good question, actually.

The police misuse their budget terribly. I used to work occasionally in events, and the police used to regularly splurge much money on badly run 'training courses' for their staff at expensive venues. Having sat through one of these training courses for how to relate with domestic violence or some shit, I can corroborate that they 'taught' nothing more than common sense and wasted a load of money paying the officers to be there, on venue hire and on food and drink.

Training courses are there for the benefit of the officers and staff, it is a necessity in their job and not a waste of money and required by law that you must be adequately trained in areas where you can expect to use them.

- My drum kit and several other expensive items were stole from my garage. I called the police, they sent round two 'special support officers' who talked to me for ten minutes. I got a call two days later saying they had 'asked people living nearby' and nobody had seen or heard anything and they would keep me informed of developments. I have, of course, heard nothing since.

If that is all they did then you should take the initiative and demand to speak to their sergeant and find out what kind of investigation was conducted.

- I turned slowly into a street that had recently become 'one way'; I quickly backed out having realised my mistake. There were no other cars around. A police car was stationed at the head of the one way street. It duly motioned for me to stop. I was given a

I did, but since the police did next to nothing to help I can't keep them in my garage anymore for fear of another break in which will lead to more excess to be paid and increased premiums. And I can't play them indoors as it's too noisy. So the failure of the police to do anything about this matter has affected significantly my enjoyment of the instrument, as well as costing me money.

:laugh:

Now I know this is a wind up, what exactly do you want the Police to do? Start patrolling your road 24 hrs a day with dogs in case your fucking drums get nicked again? Its not their job to lookafter your property.

Why don't YOU do something about it? As in get better security perhaps, if you can't afford it then that's your problem.

Even if the Police found these people who nicked your stuff and locked them up, are you that naive to beleive that someone else won't try and nick it?

A guy called Lee Jasper just said he understands the riots because 'when did Curry's last build a youth club? ...when did Foot Locker last invest in the community?

Yeah, because they were the reason those stores were targeted not because people wanted an ipad or a new pair of shoes.

Though, he did hint on a potentially clever idea; redistributing seized criminal assets back into the local community from which the criminal was operating and using it to fund community projects.

I don't think its helpful making it a race issue, though, which seems to be Sky News' priority.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
That's a good question, actually.

My sister mentioned that she'd heard troops had been deployed in either Tottenham or Enfield, but she wasn't certain.