RIOT!

big mickey

Will these riots continue all week? as there is no way the police can identify and punish all those stealing in the riot can they?

They can't arrest everyone, but they can regain enough control to cause it all to disperse. What are the supposed numbers of people rioting, has anyone got any idea?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking hell was only in Brixton on Saturday

They had some street carnival there on Sunday. As soon as I heard that the Tottenham thing had kicked off yesterday I wasnt surprised to hear that things had kicked off there today :/ Even though when I left lat Sat night things were quiet. Still, two ends of the same tube line?

• Paid Members
They can't arrest everyone, but they can regain enough control to cause it all to disperse. What are the supposed numbers of people rioting, has anyone got any idea?

Well the fact the police seemed to control the looting at Currys, then a few hours later they are all back there says they cant regain enough control. It seems like there are lots of small pockets all spread out which makes it harder for the police to control.

Well the fact the police seemed to control the looting at Currys, then a few hours later they are all back there says they cant regain enough control. It seems like there are lots of small pockets all spread out which makes it harder for the police to control.

When the wanted rating goes up by another star, they'll send the tanks in.

I'd not realised they'd been there and gone back. What is the actual protocol for this sort of thing when it does get out of hand? Do they start shipping in bizzies from other forces?

• Paid Members
When the wanted rating goes up by another star, they'll send the tanks in.

I'd not realised they'd been there and gone back. What is the actual protocol for this sort of thing when it does get out of hand? Do they start shipping in bizzies from other forces?

Police-Academy.jpg

Yes, about as ambiguous as when I first used it and you cried about how it completely changed and misrepresented a sentence's meaning.

No actually. Your "only" was reinforced by a "because". Also, context of course is important.

It's funny that you cry that I'm trolling you, whilst also posting shite like "lol cant u post about samoa joe instead?" to try and troll me. But I suppose that comes back to that lack of self-awareness that has been your signifier on here for quite some time now. Ah, here's another instance of it:

Just fighting fire with fire. Shouldn't have let myself get dragged down to your level. I'm clearly 100% a victim of my environment and upbringing and not personally responsible for any flamebaiting posts I might make.

There's something deliciously funny about trying to defend the actions of rioters and looters whilst rioting and looting is actually taking place outside people's windows! "Yes, I know your high street is being burned to the ground, but if you could only see past their bandanas you're realise they just want to be loved".

Behind all the increasing bile in this thread, there's been some good points. I generally agree with Duke that although the long-term solutions to these problems lie in the gentler arts of community-building, education and investment in local services, but that's all fairly moot once you've got people rioting along the streets and burning down buildings. At that point the problem needs to be dealt with in practical policing terms, and the police need to be able to deal with it without having to worry about hurting people's feelings.

The riots last night seemed, just from looking at the pics, to be of a different order to the ones on Saturday though - different ethnic makeup. The news described them as "copycat riots", though that's a bit simplistic I think.

There's something deliciously funny about trying to defend the actions of rioters and looters whilst rioting and looting is actually taking place outside people's windows! "Yes, I know your high street is being burned to the ground, but if you could only see past their bandanas you're realise they just want to be loved".

Behind all the increasing bile in this thread, there's been some good points. I generally agree with Duke that although the long-term solutions to these problems lie in the gentler arts of community-building, education and investment in local services, but that's all fairly moot once you've got people rioting along the streets and burning down buildings. At that point the problem needs to be dealt with in practical policing terms, and the police need to be able to deal with it without having to worry about hurting people's feelings.

The riots last night seemed, just from looking at the pics, to be of a different order to the ones on Saturday though - different ethnic makeup. The news described them as "copycat riots", though that's a bit simplistic I think.

Last night very much came across as opportuistic looting. In fact i think thats what the night before turned into as judging from the tv pictures the anger soon turned into pricks enjoying breaking and stealing stuff.

• Paid Members

Right;

Mark Duggan is someone I've met on a few occasions (though I wouldn't say I knew him well), my mum is quite close to his mum and was actually round their house the day before the original Tottenham riots. The march, before it all kicked off, was basically about the fact that his family waited outside the Police station for five hours trying to get information about his shooting, while the police were talking to the media, and saying nothing to the family. The papers report that Mark was being watched because police were worried he might take revenge for the killing of his cousin (a guy named Kelvin, who I also kinda knew). Which was bullshit, btw.

The story I heard, and I don't know how true it is, but it's what his family told someone I know, is that Mark was in that car with some Turkish guy who bolted after shooting at the police, and Mark ended up shot over it.

I've also heard, again we'll see about this, that certain people intend to continue this rioting and looting for up to ten days.

Wood Green was fucked by the way and hardly got a mention in the news. Burnt out cars outside Lidl. HMV was destroyed, as was both JD Sports, all the mobile phone shops, Body Shop (I have no clue). Pretty much every other shop going down the high road had it's windows smashed in.

Also, I was up Enfield last night, it was like a warzone.