RIOT!

big mickey

Ok, half an hour. The time makes no difference to the blatant nature of the reverse ferrett.

Of course the time makes a difference! I was guilty of not reading the post right to the end. However when someone else pointed out what he had said I realised. Obviously you have nothing more to your argument than jumping on me for a simple mistake. Pathetic really.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course the time makes a difference! I was guilty of not reading the post right to the end.

Bit silly to jump in with the *applauds* bit then.

Obviously you have nothing more to your argument than jumping on me for a simple mistake. Pathetic really.

Almost as pathetic as being so desperate to chip in with someone else shifting the blame off the looters that you didn't even bother reading the whole post before congratulating it. But is that really what happened, or did you just backpedal once supporting the looters didn't go down well even with people who're otherwise on the same side of the argument?

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members
So, the police invested much time and money in a minor drugs charge for which I was let go completely scot free. They invested more significant time for a minor driving charge for which they charged me a large sum and gave me points on my license that has cost me nearly

Bit silly to jump in with the *applauds* bit then.

Almost as pathetic as being so desperate to chip in with someone else shifting the blame off the looters that you didn't even bother reading the whole post before congratulating it. But is that really what happened, or did you just backpedal once supporting the looters didn't go down well even with people who're otherwise on the same side of the argument?

Yeah it was a bit silly without properly reading the whole thing. Obviously someone as perfect as yourself has never done anything like this.

And no, I'm not back pedaling anything.

There's something deliciously funny about trying to defend the actions of rioters and looters whilst rioting and looting is actually taking place outside people's windows! "Yes, I know your high street is being burned to the ground, but if you could only see past their bandanas you're realise they just want to be loved".

Deliciously funny eh? Ooh I love a good laugh, please link to one of these posts of hilarity, I seem to have skipped past them.

Oh, found it!

...Ultimately, all this is fuelled by the problems of long-term unemployment and low education standards amongst a very specific segment of what used to be called the "working class". And it's only going to get worse as local services are withdrawn due to the sever public spending cuts.

For example, knife crime is going to go through the roof this summer, particularly amongst inner-city ethnic communities as the youth services that would normally work at keeping bored teenagers off the streets have all been cut to pieces. That's in turn going generate a backlash from EDL types.

MAKING EXCUSES FOR LOOTERS!!! DEFENDING THE RIOTERS!!! "Ultimately fuelled" eh? It's ultimately fuelled by scumbag rioters. They make their own decisions, personal responsibility, and there you are talking all your slacktivist bullshit about unemployment and education and spending cuts. These people are incapable of respect for human life, they need to be cleaned from the streets not hugged and given an IT course. Knife crime will go up because of scumbags stabbing people, not because of your "youth services" and your hug-a-hoodie "community building".

Seriously though, how can you post that and disagree with anything Whiskey or I have said, or accuse us of defending the rioters. That post is the core of my argument, and that's been clear from the first post to the last. You're too smart to buy PITCOS' strawman bollocks.

Editing it now, hours later, doesn't help you know.

Hours later? Not even half an hour. 16 minutes. Maybe you misread the times. Easy mistake to make. Maybe you should go back and edit?

I've been guilty of raging at Pitcos for his inability to read, but I did the same thing with RIP Diva Sunny's post aswell, just skimmed over the last sentence or misunderstood it. And only noticed when Whiskey posted "Apart from the last sentence". I went back and read it and was like "Oh yeah, totally disagree with that". A careless mistake, but one that I've admitted and rectified. Maybe Loki and Pitcos can go back and reread the thread and admit their reading mistakes and make amends?

The police misuse their budget terribly. I used to work occasionally in events, and the police used to regularly splurge much money on badly run 'training courses' for their staff at expensive venues. Having sat through one of these training courses for how to relate with domestic violence or some shit, I can corroborate that they 'taught' nothing more than common sense and wasted a load of money paying the officers to be there, on venue hire and on food and drink.

Here's another example from personal experience of incompetent, wasteful use of police resources. I have had three run ins with the police, and they were dealt with as such;

- My drum kit and several other expensive items were stole from my garage. I called the police, they sent round two 'special support officers' who talked to me for ten minutes. I got a call two days later saying they had 'asked people living nearby' and nobody had seen or heard anything and they would keep me informed of developments. I have, of course, heard nothing since.

- I turned slowly into a street that had recently become 'one way'; I quickly backed out having realised my mistake. There were no other cars around. A police car was stationed at the head of the one way street. It duly motioned for me to stop. I was given a

• Paid Members
The police misuse their budget terribly. I used to work occasionally in events, and the police used to regularly splurge much money on badly run 'training courses' for their staff at expensive venues. Having sat through one of these training courses for how to relate with domestic violence or some shit, I can corroborate that they 'taught' nothing more than common sense and wasted a load of money paying the officers to be there, on venue hire and on food and drink.

Most Police Forces use their purpose built training facilities for things like that, I know our Wethersfield HQ is always dealing with shit like the above, what force were you dealing with?

I was arrested for possession of two tablets on a night out. I waited, handcuffed, with two officers outside the station for twenty minutes before someone finally came to let me in. I was strip searched, had fingerprints taken and all the rest of it, for a hour or so. I was kept monitored in the cells overnight. I was interviewed for half an hour in the morning, before I was finally let go with not so much of a caution.

I'd be careful of that one pal, I reckon it'll be on your record, PNC will definitely bring it up.

So, the police invested much time and money in a minor drugs charge for which I was let go completely scot free.

CPS would have just laughed, I personally would have liked to have seen you locked up.

They invested more significant time for a minor driving charge for which they charged me a large sum and gave me points on my license that has cost me nearly

Here's another example from personal experience of incompetent, wasteful use of police resources. I have had three run ins with the police, and they were dealt with as such;

- My drum kit and several other expensive items were stole from my garage. I called the police, they sent round two 'special support officers' who talked to me for ten minutes. I got a call two days later saying they had 'asked people living nearby' and nobody had seen or heard anything and they would keep me informed of developments. I have, of course, heard nothing since.

- I turned slowly into a street that had recently become 'one way'; I quickly backed out having realised my mistake. There were no other cars around. A police car was stationed at the head of the one way street. It duly motioned for me to stop. I was given a

Seriously though, how can you post that and disagree with anything Whiskey or I have said, or accuse us of defending the rioters.

Because Loki -- like anyone with a bit of sense -- doesn't think the socio-economic factors that contribute to someone being a bad egg is a valid excuse for the rioters, presumably. I expect he doesn't think a police statement about shooting the drug dealer or a priest doing an interview on the news asking for calm will make much difference to someone who wants a new plasma telly and some protein mix for nowt, either.

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members

The shopping park at the end of my road was all hit. However, the high road running by it (Green Lanes) was barely at all - probably because that section of the street has been home to a number of Turkish and Albanian gangs, and the centre of the heroin trade in the UK, since the early to mid 90s. Seems there were a lot of guys from these gangs guarding their businesses.

A shameful state of affairs when the police are stretched so thin that it falls to organised criminals to stop looters.

Because Loki -- like anyone with a bit of sense -- doesn't think the socio-economic factors that contribute to someone being a bad egg is a valid excuse for the rioters, presumably. I expect he doesn't think a police statement about shooting the drug dealer or a priest doing an interview on the news asking for calm will make much difference to someone who wants a new plasma telly and some protein mix for nowt, either.

And neither does anyone else. That's a construct of your own imagination. Honestly go back and read it again.