RIOT!

big mickey

My Nigerian mate (who had lived in Tottenham his whole life before moving up here 2 years ago), is devastated by all this. His family still live there and he is worried sick, on the phone to them constantly.

One of his old mates from school was one of those who's house had been burnt down, and he'd also been attacked as well beforehand.

He'd told me afew months ago that he was so glad to get out of Tottenham and that if you didn't know your way around, you'd have been in trouble within minutes - he couldn't believe how relaxed it is up here in comparison.

Gotta suck having your family trapped in the middle of it all whilst you are hundreds of miles away helpless to them.

People who have lived in places like Tottenham their whole life have no idea how different the rest of the country is, just like people who have never been to Tottenham for more than 3 minutes have no idea how bad it is.

Getting out was the best thing i ever did but for some reason i'm still totally gutted at whats happened to it.

Edited by spurs 4 life

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See my other post. Also, "its da feds fault init??" - I presume this isn't Mickey's usual lingo. He hasn't used any outright racism in this post but there's quite obvious undertones and like I said I'm not just referring to this individual post.

Chavs are a race?

Of course there are multiple factors for someone turning out bad, but the difference is I don't think that excuses them or warrants brushing their actions under the carpet.

Good that you've come round to my way of thinking. All I've done is argue against the unproductive and simplistic act of classing people as scum incapable of respect for human life, shit breeding shit etc. But keep on talking about making excuses and brushing under the carpet and desperately looking for holes in arguments while ignoring the wider point. You've added nothing to this discussion, just come in and misrepresented what people have said in order to start a horrible circle jerk. Kindly take it back to on-topic.

Good that you've come round to my way of thinking. All I've done is argue against the unproductive and simplistic act of classing people as scum incapable of respect for human life, shit breeding shit etc. But keep on talking about making excuses and brushing under the carpet and desperately looking for holes in arguments while ignoring the wider point. You've added nothing to this discussion, just come in and misrepresented what people have said in order to start a horrible circle jerk. Kindly take it back to on-topic.

You've realised you've not a leg to stand on, then. Excellent. By the way...

People only behave like scum when they're treated like scum.

I never added "only" to that to misrepresent it. I've just quoted it as is from the unproductive, simplistic bell-end who originally wrote it.

Edited by King Pitcos

I never added "only" to that to misrepresent it. I've just quoted it as is from the unproductive, simplistic bell-end who originally wrote it.

I see the nuances of the English language are completely beyond you. It was actually one of whiskey's quotes that you changed anyway. Maybe read the thread again, but slower, and instead of trying to look for sentences you can take out of context to present to the circle jerk, perhaps try to take in the words and their meaning.

Uh oh, another meltdown because someone's obliterated your white-knighting?

Nice troll.

It was actually one of whiskey's quotes that you changed anyway.

Aye, it was. He wasn't thick enough to say, and I quote, "people only behave like scum when they're treated like scum." He wasn't quite that unproductive and simplistic. Perhaps Whiskey actually does have some nuance to his viewpoint, rather than just smugly throwing the word "nuance" out willy-nilly to try and sound clever whilst simultaneously making hypocritically broad judgements.

• Paid Members
http://thewestlondoner.wordpress.com/ - Good photo blog.

None of the media are reporting on this, they've just stopped.

In-between charity shield highlights and what happened yesterday In Tottenham, they are now showing a Footlocker on fire.

I'm really thinking that allot of people are rioting because they got away with it the other day and some got a new pair of trainers/new carpet out of it. They can't use lack of job's, help etc etc or the fact a known criminal was shot and killed when they act like this.

It's messed up that the people most effected here are the 1's shut in there home terrified to leave or the 1's who now don't have a home.

That The West Londoner blog is great. Someone convinced him the picture of the Vancouver couple kissing was from Brixton tonight.

Is there a solid report on injury stats so far, or has it been largely bloodless? It must be horrible for the poor sods trapped in these areas. My heart goes out to them. Reckon it'll be contained by morning?

Edited by King Pitcos

Aye, it was. He wasn't thick enough to say, and I quote, "people only behave like scum when they're treated like scum." He wasn't quite that unproductive and simplistic. Perhaps Whiskey actually does have some nuance to his viewpoint, rather than just smugly throwing the word "nuance" out willy-nilly to try and sound clever whilst simultaneously making hypocritically broad judgements.

Touched a nerve with that nuance stuff eh. Maybe say that sentence aloud, maybe take a little emphasis off the word "only", maybe read it as part of the whole paragraph? Throw it about in your mind a bit. That "only" becomes a bit more ambiguous doesn't it? My apologies for the lack of clarity, I should have chosen a clearer word. If only I knew a full on troll attack was in the offing, I would have been more careful. Still, taking the word at its full value, and choosing the definition of "only" that you've chosen me to have meant, it's actually not in any way a broad or hypocritical judgement based on the notion of scum as defined throughout the thread.

Isn't there a thread about Randy Orton or someone you could get involved in?

• Paid Members
Touched a nerve with that nuance stuff eh. Maybe say that sentence aloud, maybe take a little emphasis off the word "only", maybe read it as part of the whole paragraph? Throw it about in your mind a bit. That "only" becomes a bit more ambiguous doesn't it? My apologies for the lack of clarity, I should have chosen a clearer word. If only I knew a full on troll attack was in the offing, I would have been more careful. Still, taking the word at its full value, and choosing the definition of "only" that you've chosen me to have meant, it's actually not in any way a broad or hypocritical judgement based on the notion of scum as defined throughout the thread.

Can you not take it to PM's now? It's getting really boring.

Will these riots continue all week? as there is no way the police can identify and punish all those stealing in the riot can they?

Touched a nerve with that nuance stuff eh.

Tickled a funny bone. Glaring hypocrisy and lack of self-awareness are what binds us, as they're things I find hilarious and they're also your predominant traits, after the desperate urge to be Internet Hero.

Maybe say that sentence aloud, maybe take a little emphasis off the word "only", maybe read it as part of the whole paragraph? Throw it about in your mind a bit. That "only" becomes a bit more ambiguous doesn't it?

Yes, about as ambiguous as when I first used it and you cried about how it completely changed and misrepresented a sentence's meaning.

If only I knew a full on troll attack was in the offing, I would have been more careful.

It's funny that you cry that I'm trolling you, whilst also posting shite like "lol cant u post about samoa joe instead?" to try and troll me. But I suppose that comes back to that lack of self-awareness that has been your signifier on here for quite some time now. Ah, here's another instance of it:

Perhaps, but that wouldn't be half as much fun as embarrassing you and following current events in this one. Maybe I'll have a look for some Orton discussion when you've made your way to a thread about Jordan or some other slapper.