WrestleMania post show discussion

JNLister

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
2. I should point out I really dont class Mania as a head and shoulders above all the other PPV's. Other than production wise.

Why not? If this is what you believe, then opinion doesn't exist here. You're just flat out wrong.

seen as being the absolute pinnacle any wrestler should reach.

It's impossible to be on WRESTLEWAR '92 now. Wrestlemania is just settling.

Oho. The moment I invent that time machine, I'm gonna do a load of gear and then do a run-in.

So far I've only got halfway into Taker / HHH and I'm loving it. :( I've not managed to catch an awful lot of recent PPV's so maybe my inability to compare this to recent efforts is skewing my view... but all the same I don't get a lot of the overall negativity.

- Edge vs. Del Rio was fantastic. Really loved that match. I thought the false finishes worked REALLY well and when Edge hit that spear out of nowhere... damn. Definitely my favorite at this point in time.

- Cody Rhodes vs. Misterio. Again I thought a really solid match. I wasn't the biggest Rhodes fan, but I admire what they are trying to do with him. It's certainly different and I hope they continue to push this whole "horrifically scarred" character of his. A good win for Rhodes that will hopefully push him up the card.

- 8 Man Tag. Shame this was cut short due to time constraints. They've been building it for months of Smackdown and all we get is this? Shame.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Hopefully though we will get to see the "real" match when they have their Smackdown rematch.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

- Cm Punk vs. Randy Orton. What a great match. Both of them (particularly Punk) were on form and I've really liked that spot where Punk BARELY escaped the RKO. Great little touch. Also the absence of Nexus was a GOOD thing as it made Punk seem much more competitive.

- Lawler vs. Cole. Meh. I've enjoyed the build up and enjoyed Lawler getting into the ColeMine to smash his brains out, but the minute Cole took control it was business exposing (and that's not usually a term I like to use or throw around). Utterly killed the match. I get why they did the ending the way they did, but boy, it would of been so much better if Lawler, punched him around, smash his brains in, give him a piledriver to finish him off dead and then return to commentate with JR victorious.

So far I have Taker / HHH, Team Snooki vs. Team Laycool and Miz vs. Cena left to watch and I've really enjoyed mania. Maybe not their best, but at least they are experimenting a little with the formula (i.e. World Championship Match out first, more competitive heel vs. face match and unexpected finishes).

• Paid Members
What was the point you were making, because I'm a bit lost as well. WWE paid him an appearance fee and he turned up and did what he was asked from the scripted lines they wrote for him. Exactly what The Rock is doing at the minute and exactly what Chris Masters is doing. You pay him money, he does what he's told. Cant see whats wrong with that.

But...but...but...the segment sucked...

No it didn't. Zack Ryder alone made it absolutely awesome.

• Paid Members
Had to laugh when I saw ths video:

Poor fella. To be fair, I cried when Shawn Michaels beat Bret Hart at Wrestlemania 12. It was a draw, dammit.

Fuckin' Monsoon.

• Paid Members

Poor little sod. You'll burn in hell for laughing, you heartless bastard!

Aww, bless him. He must REALLY hate The Rock right now! I couldn't laugh, I'd have felt like little fluffy bunny's were gonna die for every second I laughed.

Anyone else see the sign that read "purple aki" it was visable a lot during CM Punk vs Orton and Taker vs HHH

Yes! I initially thought I misread it as I watched the show with a few beers, but having just watched Raw, it was there again. A better sign than the Chris Eubank one and I reckon Butch will appreciate it, too. We were only talking about Purp' in the Rugby League thread on Friday.

Purple Aki sign was all over RAW. I kept thinking i recognise that name but that it wasn't for anything good and then remembered when i saw this post who he was after a quick wiki check.

There was actually a lot of people and signs that seemed to double up from Wrestlemania and onto RAW the next night particularly people in the front row, noticed the tiny asian guy was sitting slap bang in the middle of the front row for RAW almost exactly the same spot he had from the night before and showed next to no emotion all night just like at wrestlemania.

Poor little sod. You'll burn in hell for laughing, you heartless bastard!

Aww, bless him. He must REALLY hate The Rock right now! I couldn't laugh, I'd have felt like little fluffy bunny's were gonna die for every second I laughed.

Awwww.... what makes it really funny for me is how at the 3 minute mark his Dad starts to stroke his neck in exactly the same way I stroke my cat when hes upset.

Also at the end when he hugs his brother... you can tell his brother is thinking "just you wait until I get onto the UKFF to tell everyone about how much of a MARK you are."

• Paid Members
What was the point you were making, because I'm a bit lost as well. WWE paid him an appearance fee and he turned up and did what he was asked from the scripted lines they wrote for him. Exactly what The Rock is doing at the minute and exactly what Chris Masters is doing. You pay him money, he does what he's told. Cant see whats wrong with that.

But...but...but...the segment sucked...

No it didn't. Zack Ryder alone made it absolutely awesome.

I was taking the piss out of Vito. Get with the times, old man.

• Paid Members
Poor fella. To be fair, I cried when Shawn Michaels beat Bret Hart at Wrestlemania 12. It was a draw, dammit.

Yeah, me too. In someone else's living room. He wasn't there at the time, but I bawled. I was 13.

Watched the first hour and half of 'Mania (Will watch the rest either later tonight or tomorrow). Not too bad although cannot understand why a world title match was the opening match.

Rey Misterio looked like a seven year old wandering around Asda with his mum on Halloween.

Snoop Dogg segement was awful I was hoping Roddy Piper would come back and kick the shit out of Hornswoggle.

Archived