WrestleMania post show discussion

JNLister

• Paid Members
I loved the "RANDY ORTON ORANGE O'METER" sign that some absolute genius held up during the Punk/Orton match. If I hadn't already deleted the Torrent I'd screencap it

So you hated the show and loved a sign, fuck the PPV's you should just take the

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I loved the "RANDY ORTON ORANGE O'METER" sign that some absolute genius held up during the Punk/Orton match. If I hadn't already deleted the Torrent I'd screencap it

So you hated the show and loved a sign, fuck the PPV's you should just take the

• Paid Members

What was the point you were making, because I'm a bit lost as well. WWE paid him an appearance fee and he turned up and did what he was asked from the scripted lines they wrote for him. Exactly what The Rock is doing at the minute and exactly what Chris Masters is doing. You pay him money, he does what he's told. Cant see whats wrong with that.

• Paid Members
What was the point you were making, because I'm a bit lost as well. WWE paid him an appearance fee and he turned up and did what he was asked from the scripted lines they wrote for him. Exactly what The Rock is doing at the minute and exactly what Chris Masters is doing. You pay him money, he does what he's told. Cant see whats wrong with that.

But...but...but...the segment sucked...

• Paid Members
2. I should point out I really dont class Mania as a head and shoulders above all the other PPV's. Other than production wise.

Why not? If this is what you believe, then opinion doesn't exist here. You're just flat out wrong.

Have to agree with Soap. No other PPVs inspire people who haven't watched WWE programming in ages to fork out cash to watch, nor do any other PPVs draw so highly, nor are they treated as a major experience, or are seen as being the absolute pinnacle any wrestler should reach. It's WWE's flagship PPV, simple as.

• Moderators
2. I should point out I really dont class Mania as a head and shoulders above all the other PPV's. Other than production wise.

Why not? If this is what you believe, then opinion doesn't exist here. You're just flat out wrong.

seen as being the absolute pinnacle any wrestler should reach.

It's impossible to be on WRESTLEWAR '92 now. Wrestlemania is just settling.

Just a couple of thoughts:

Firstly, I'd been absolutely convinced since the Royal Rumble that Del Rio would beat Edge in their World title match, which was exactly the result I wanted. As much as I'd loved the Edge character in the past, I'd struggled to take to him during his latest face run so I was ready to completely support Del Rio in their Mania match. I had goosebumps for Del Rio's entrance and I was marking out like a bitch; not in a long time had I been so hyped during an entrance - I believed that this was going to be his night...

And then Edge's music hit and something switched. Maybe it was because I was feeling like a ten year old watching again that I had to cheer for the babyface? Whatever it was, I was now on Edge's side one hundred percent - for the first ever, I wanted Del Rio to be defeated.

I absolutely loved their match and genuinely believed that Del Rio was going to unlock Edge's clamped hands and beat him with the cross arm-breaker. I marked like a bitch once again for the finish.

Secondly, I think it's totally unfair to say that the Tripper-Taker match had zero story psychology or any story to it: You could see from the pre-match video package that the match was so big that very little needed to be said. It was a match so big that it sold itself.

It was a clash between two absolute titans on the grandest stage. The two best entrances were given the Mania souped-up treatment which only added to the big fight aura.

Triple H needed to give it one hundred percent from the opening bell - most people were going to be expecting a slow-burning match but Trips knew that he couldn't let Undertaker determine the pace and let it go the distance at Taker's signature show. Hence, Hunter going hell-for-leather from the get-go.

Undertaker had an answer to everything that was thrown at him though - Triple H gave it his all but he couldn't keep him down: "Stay down, what is wrong with you?" he kept shouting. He mangled a steel chair around his back, even hitting him clean over his head which is a big no-no these days in the WWE.

I'd be very surprised if there were many people that didn't believe that Triple H had the victory after the tombstone. Nobody realistically thought that Triple H was going to win in the build up, and yet here we were, believing that we'd just seen the end of the streak. It takes the best storytellers/telling in the world to convince the fans that Undertaker's streak had ended - and that's what they'd achieved.

Taker's selling of the injuries at the end of the match may have been the greatest sell-job I have ever seen.

Having just watched Wrestlemania, I have to say I enjoyed pretty much all of it except the match between the two main attractions, but then that match was there to allow people a toilet/food break.

The Undertaker vs Triple H match was worth the

Archived