WrestleMania post show discussion

JNLister

• Paid Members

Just thought I'd start the thread, even though the Internet is presumably about to melt down in rage.

Still, at least you had the awesome Taker-HHH before the show-closing bait and switch.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Yeah, first impressions are... I dunno.

I'm really not sure if I enjoyed that or not. I'll sleep on it and have a better idea in the morning probably, but what a strange Wrestlemania.

The show wasn't bad at all, except the ending, which was just dire at every level.

Taker/HHH was superb, a real contrast to the HBK matches, which it absolutely had to be.

The show was a poorly put together mess, the worst put together Mania in a long time, the wrestling wasn't bad at all, it just seemed like nobody had any idea what they were supposed to do.

Thought it was Rubbish. The Rock as host didn't do an awful lot. Taker/HHH felt rushed and all the spots were covered too early and the main event was only about 10 minutes and ended in a shitty double DQ then when it got restarted The Miz still won anyway...then The Rock takes him out as easy as anything so The Rock has pretty much killed two main eventers in a matter of seconds.

And the fans were flat. :laugh:

• Paid Members

Really should have put the Taker vs HHH match on last. I think if you swapped Taker vs HHH for Cena vs Miz the show would have felt better. The Cena vs Miz match was like something from Raw. The Corre match was pointless and a waste of time.

• Awards Moderator

I'm the same as Wretch and Butch (tag team name, for sure); I don't know what to think. I enjoyed parts, but in others I was wondering what the fuck was happening. The crowd was barely noticeable and the commentators were dire after the Cole/Lawler match.

• Paid Members

Up until the main event, I thought the whole show wa ace. Now, I don't know. The main event, while not a letdown, was odd. The match wasn't terrible, it was enjoyable enough, but an incredibly weird ending. Not sure if I liked Miz-Cena or not tbh. But overall I enjoyed the show ( I think)

It was just so flat to me. Nothing interesting.

Taker/HHH was good for a few minutes, but very slow at other times.

Miz/Cena was very flat.

I was looking forward to Bryan/Sheamus, but I knew it would be bumped to dark match when the reports came out.

Best match was probably Del Rio vs. Edge.

What the fuck have The Corre done wrong? Wade Barrett didn't even get a say in.

I'll probably be less grouchy about it when I've had time to reflect. I'm just annoyed at how flat the main event was.

Very odd show very out of it at the moment currently been awake about 20 hours and thats only on 3 hours sleep so bit shattered

Few points

Miz and Edge both retain which i think means first wrestlemania ever where no titles changed hands

Also what the hell happened to the undertaker

Archived