WrestleMania post show discussion

JNLister

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator
Triple H and Undertaker ended up being really good. I totally bought the Triple H tombstone. I thought he had him, as mental as that sounds.

Me too, which is indeed stupid. I was getting all ready to be outraged by it.

Yeah, same here. I actually punched the air in disbelief and held my head in my hands, which is stupid seeing as how I'm sitting here on my own.

So Rock / Cena at Summerslam then? Or will WWE rush it along and have it at the next PPV?

I'd say Summerslam; keep it going on for a few months and it'll be in California which will be handy to get the celebs involved.

• Paid Members

Just trying to imagine the reaction you would have got this time last year in the Mania 26 thread if you wrote "WrestleMania 27 will end with The Miz successfully defending the WWE title and the crowd will cheer him for it."

• Paid Members
MVP of the show for me, by a mile, was CM Punk. Carried Orton to an engaging match and looked the business doing it.

Engaging? It was slow and predictable. He never carried Orton to nothing. You dont carry someone to a standard match where heel works the babyface as he sells. How do you work out that he carried him. It was basic as fuck. It was alright, but I've seen better CM Punk matches on episodes of ECW than that. Engaging is as far removed from my description of it as you can get.

• Paid Members

Rock twatting Cena was all well and good for me, but when he mullered the Miz (after he won and I ran around the living room like a tit) that made me kinda shrug. I don't wanna shrug to end a Mania.

A World Title match opening felt tacky for Mania to me. Did anyone else feel that?

• Paid Members
Love to hear the reaction of anyone who put money on Lawler beating Cole, though.

What were the bookies offering for that, 20-1? I was tempted to have a flutter as well at those odds.

So Rock / Cena at Summerslam then? Or will WWE rush it along and have it at the next PPV?

Not sure. I think they might have to do it sooner rather than later to make the most of the heat. It might severely die down come Summerslam, even if they book it fantastically between now and August. I really don't know where they are going with the whole Rock/Cena/Miz thing now. Never before has a Wrestlemania been so inconclusive. Almost every feud remains wide open.

I am rather happy that I'm not the only one who thought it was rather odd. I was starting to think that wrestling was simply not for me anymore if everybody was going to say this was brilliant. The show felt almost flat. The fans were shite.

Edge - Del Rio. I enjoyed this, shows how meaningless the heavyweight title now is with it being the opening fucking bout! M second best match of the night after Taker -HHH

Rey vs Cody. They never really seemed to get going until the last minute. The commentators didn't even acknowledge when Rey pulled of a springboard moonsault headscissors. The art of commentating is dying on its arse.

Punk vs Orton. A good solid match, nothing spectacular, but the feud wasn't any great shakes either so it was fine.

Cole - Lawler. Went on for far too long and pretty much made Lawler look like a fucking jobber. The fans were fucking woeful throughout this match particularly.

HHH - Undertaker. I enjoyed this immensely. The way it was layed out was peculiar. Lots of spots on the outside to pretty much kick it off, then HHH demolishing Undertaker for a while. The tombstone by HHH was dynamite! The finish however, was an anti climax.

Cena -Miz. Wow, what happened to booking an actual match? You know a match without a fucking double countout? Yes, I know it was restarted, but jesus. In the middle of a championship WM main event, and we have JR and Lawler debating who is to get up to read the General managers message?!? FUCK OFF!

Cenas entrance was so fucking gay and deserved no place on a wrestling show. Overly sentimental bollocks. The constant changing of the commentators was ridiculous, as was the fact that the actual wrestling ring seemed like a passing thought half the time, with alot of the action taking place beside the commentary table. All in all, I wasn't expecting much and it duly delivered.

Taker/HHH was odd as hell, it started off as a horrible spot fest and stayed that way for most of it but really ended up pulling me in near the end and like Ian said, i thought the Trips Tombstone was the end of it.

Cena and Miz just didn't click at all and it felt like neither of them were really trying which is so not like them. Cena is usually working his arse off but he looked bored through most of the match. Rocky can piss off, i haven't enjoyed him at all really since he came back.

Cody vs Rey was sweet, i really got into it more than i expected as i haven't been watching Smackdown for a few months now.

The rest was good, nothing bad at all and even Snooki was pretty awesome. She can belly flop me any day.

Oh i forgot...FUCKING NAS!!!!

I marked like a little kid when that came on. :smug:

• Paid Members
Love to hear the reaction of anyone who put money on Lawler beating Cole, though.

What were the bookies offering for that, 20-1? I was tempted to have a flutter as well at those odds.

Yeah, 20-1 for Cole winning. I was thinking more of the people sitting there counting there Lawler winnings and then hearing the GM announcement.

I forgot about Cena's entrance too. Since when has he been a member of the God Squad?

The worst part about the whole show was that I lost all my pool picks. Me and my mates picked 3 names and a scenario out of a hat. I got John Cena, The Corre, Jerry Lawler (who I thought was a shoe-in) and The Rock to hug John Cena at the end. One of my mates had "The Rock says strudel", we popped hard when he said it.

MVP of the show for me, by a mile, was CM Punk. Carried Orton to an engaging match and looked the business doing it.

Engaging? It was slow and predictable. He never carried Orton to nothing. You dont carry someone to a standard match where heel works the babyface as he sells. How do you work out that he carried him. It was basic as fuck. It was alright, but I've seen better CM Punk matches on episodes of ECW than that. Engaging is as far removed from my description of it as you can get.

Nah, I thought it was a decent, well-worked match. Like with the Rhodes/Mysterio match it had a solid story behind it, both characters played their role well and it turned out very nicely. I only say "carried" because, if not for Punk's fine work - both in his expressions and in his choice of moves etc. - it could have been just another Orton snoozathon. I was genuinely entertained watching him.

I did not enjoy that show, to ecco everyone it felt odd, the fans werent into it, and the matches were just odd.

The best match for me was probably Rey/Rhodes and thats saying something because I think they both suck.

HHH/Taker was a let down, it got good in the last 5mins and then just ended.

This PPV reminded me why I dont buy WWE PPV's anymore.

I'm at a loss how a PPV featuring TheRock, Austin, HHH, Taker ended up being an average show at best.

If WWE considers itself now to be purely entertainment with Wrestlemania being the season finale, then I'm not sure if the finish to the show was brilliant or utter crap.

If they'd left it with the Rock just costing Cena the belt I'd think it was brilliant, but with him beating up The Miz like that I'm erring more towards crap.

As my friend said - it was as if they were saying "Wrestling isn't as good as it used to be, so enjoy seeing some of the older stars".

Worst part of the show was Cole vs Lawler. If anyone in the world still thought wrestling was real, then Michael Cole killed those thoughts off. Him 'standing on Lawler's leg' by the ropes was pitiful. And Cole spent too long on top of the situation. Nobody would have felt short changed if he just got the hiding he would have got if it was a real fight.

Archived