WrestleMania post show discussion

JNLister

It was an alright show, but you expect so much more from a Wrestlemania. I enjoyed the Edge/Del Rio and Rey/Rhodes matches, they were a really solid way to open the show, even though I was pretty shocked to see a World title match go on first. After that it was pretty much downhill apart from HHH/Taker. I gave HHH a 0.1% chance of winning before the match but during it there was a point I believed HHH was actually going to win, it was a good match. The rest was pretty poor, the build up to Cole/Lawler was great but I knew the match would be pretty crap. It felt like it was never going to end, although I was pretty happy to see Austin stunner Booker T, he really annoys me these days. I was gutted we didn't get the U.S title match, as I was looking forward to that. An average Wrestlemania.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hated that show. Oddly when I think about it, Cody/Rey, Edge/Del Rio and Orton/Punk were good.

But odd booking, short matches, and a few things really annoyed me. I'm actually now a full on Cena supporter, the Rock is just a big cunt. While, what on earth did Josh Matthews do to Lawler? It made Lawler and Austin look like a pair of cunts draggin in a defenseless guy to get stunnered, it was just odd. Obviously the Michael Cole match went on way too long, more frustrating than annoying. I know he is a class heel but it still doesn't mean he deserves to be in a 25 minute match/segment. Also Undertaker and Triple H, decent match, you knew those near falls were coming though, and it was hard to get excited, but I mostly found it kinda boring. Especially the fucking end. 10 minutes of nothing after the match, ugh.

I also fully expected a Christian heel turn, and was left slightly dissapointed at his lack of turn. Have they burned out Del Rio's star already? Or can he come back and make himself into a true contender? For who is there on Smackdown now that can fued with Edge?

I really think this Wrestlemania was the last stand for HHH/Rock/Austin/Undertaker. Please we need new stars, we need guys like Miz/Ziggler/Morrison to take us into the future, we can't be relying on nostalgia. Cause quite frankly The Rock was rubbish.

best part - The Miz and John Cena's video packages!

Also has Wrestlemania always been a traditional hot-bed of anti John Cena people? It was just awkward.

• Paid Members
I understand why WWE do the stadium show, it makes them a shitload of cash, but if this event was in MSG, you gotta think the atmosphere would have been ten times better. In my opinion stadium shows for wrestling just come across on television as extremely flat and quiet, which takes you out of things much moreso than a poor match.

I agree with this, it really does hold it back when there's not much of a crowed, and the stadiums make it harder to really feel the atmosphere for me.

HHH - Taker was weird. There was zero zero planning out of the match, didn't really tell a story at all.

Fuck off, it put across what it needed perfectly, it made me believe HHH was set for a win, it drew me in and it still made HHH look like a hard case even in defeat. It was clearly very well and very selectively planned and did tell a story

Awesome Video Package Introduction

The Rock opening the show like only he can

Best opening match to a WrestleMania ever

Solid Rhodes/Mysterio match

William Regal rapping

WrestleMania-sized Cobra followed by a hilarious Knockout Punch

A Stone Cold/Rock Staredown

A mid-air RKO

HBK getting his standing ovation

"Jerry!" *smash* "Jerry!" *smash* "Jerry!" *smash*

Three Stone Cold Stunners

19-0 (complete with top rope suicide dive, never thought he'd do it again)

Trish Stratus.

JR/King commentary

Miz's rise to fame video

Cena's epic entrance

Rock Bottom to John Cena

WrestleMania was awesome. You people suck.

spot on foale! this years wrestlemania had everything, a mix of fresh talent main eventing, the rock and austin coming back, hbk's send-off, funny moments, a classic battle of two icons, a couple of decent-good matches and in what some may call a fairytale ending with the rock ending the show. if you would of asked me that 2 years ago that the rock would be at raw let alone wrestlemania i would of laughed in your face. i can understand why people may have disliked the main event, but it was kind of inevitable for the rock to end the show? being there live obviously helped. i'll need to re-watch on tv to make a desicive call, but from being there i'd give it a strong 8.5/10. brilliant show.

• Paid Members

I find it a bit weird that the general consensus here is that HHH/Undertaker was a bit overkill, yet I remember being the only one at the time who thought Shawn Michaels surviving a Tombstone on the floor and then kicking out of a second one in the ring was complete bollocks last year. Very strange.

I wrote this on the ROHbot board for those that think it was overkill and worse than Steen/Generico at Final Battle which was FINE (unbelievable) but here's why HHH/Taker was incredible for me.

The point where Undertaker kicked out of the third Pedigree I admit, I started thinking "overkill," but then the story really started playing out. Watching Undertaker fail to sit up and have to drag himself up, I thought "this is it!" Art imitating life, I thought "he cant do it any more. He's done." I bought completely into Undertaker finishing up, and with Hunter the last guy left that could perhaps believably do it and END THE UNDERTAKER, or that Undertaker respects enough to say "this is the guy to put me down," damn it, I thought he had him. As Undertaker slumped in the corner shadow boxing like he still had it, I thought this is it. This is the mercy kill, the final shotgun blast, as he had done to Shawn, as Shawn had done to Flair. They HAD ME. But it wasn't to be. Even as Hunter groped blindly for his sledgehammer in the clutches of Hell's Gate, I thought he was still in with a shout. But it wasn't to be.

Still, I even took a little pleasure at the end by turning to my mate and saying "wow, Hunter did what your hero couldn't, he made me believe he might win." When he's back in work tomorrow I have a feeling he is going to besmirch my coffee.

EDIT

watching Hall of Fame earlier,

hawk.jpg

This lad got a louder pop than R Truth does most weeks!

Alberto/Edge - I dont get the hate for a World title match being opener, it worked well made the show feel like Mania straight away. Its the biggest show of the year, why cant you open with a World title match?

It

• Paid Members
I wrote this on the ROHbot board for those that think it was overkill and worse than Steen/Generico at Final Battle which was FINE (unbelievable) but here's why HHH/Taker was incredible for me.

The point where Undertaker kicked out of the third Pedigree I admit, I started thinking "overkill," but then the story really started playing out. Watching Undertaker fail to sit up and have to drag himself up, I thought "this is it!" Art imitating life, I thought "he cant do it any more. He's done." I bought completely into Undertaker finishing up, and with Hunter the last guy left that could perhaps believably do it and END THE UNDERTAKER, or that Undertaker respects enough to say "this is the guy to put me down," damn it, I thought he had him. As Undertaker slumped in the corner shadow boxing like he still had it, I thought this is it. This is the mercy kill, the final shotgun blast, as he had done to Shawn, as Shawn had done to Flair. They HAD ME. But it wasn't to be. Even as Hunter groped blindly for his sledgehammer in the clutches of Hell's Gate, I thought he was still in with a shout. But it wasn't to be.

Still, I even took a little pleasure at the end by turning to my mate and saying "wow, Hunter did what your hero couldn't, he made me believe he might win." When he's back in work tomorrow I have a feeling he is going to besmirch my coffee.

I'm with you man, I agree with you there. You're saying what I'm thinking better than I ever could.

I find it a bit weird that the general consensus here is that HHH/Undertaker was a bit overkill, yet I remember being the only one at the time who thought Shawn Michaels surviving a Tombstone on the floor and then kicking out of a second one in the ring was complete bollocks last year. Very strange.

EDIT

watching Hall of Fame earlier,

hawk.jpg

This lad got a louder pop than R Truth does most weeks!

R-Truth gets booed since he cant remember town names lol....

• Paid Members

No way would Andre have been the first inductee into that Hall of Fame. Hogan would have his own wing.

CLASS OF 2011.....

Kamala with the moon on his belly!

Purple Razor!

Shawn Michaels with black tights!

Made In The USA Lex Luger prototype!

And in the celebrity wing.... Egon from Ghostbusters.

Archived