Radio Ga-Ga

Devon Malcolm

I said it before and I say it again, I fucking hate Radio Nova here in Ireland.

It's like sitting down in your nans of a Sunday when you're 6 and your ma and da are off to the boozer, and you're told "Here's Hurricane Higgins playing snooker for 6 hours and after that is Highway to Heaven. You deal with it!!"

For me, the ultimate PTSD reaction is still Antiques Roadshow. Right from the word go, you've got music that smells of ancient queef, and it's all downhill from there.

• Moderators

Talkradio has launched and...

It has the same fucking ads as Talkshite. And loads of them too. Fucking DIE Sellco.

Iain Lee's show is AMAZING thus far though. One caller comparing TOTP2 not playing Jimmy Savile to the Holocaust was hilarious.

Edited by PowerButchi

• 4 weeks later...

Iain Lee has been on fire, not been a bad show yet, much better than anything on tv at that time of night. The Unexplained with Howard Hughes is worth a listen, it's complete mental bollocks but hugely entertaining, Sundays 10pm - 1am

On a non talkradio point - the new series of Fags, Mags & Bags starts tomorrow! I bloody love Fags, Mags - it is both amazing and great!

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

The last hour of Friday's Iain lee was like a live radio phone in version of Blue Jam. It's certainly not entry level listening but it was... very brave and very... good, I think. He didn't speak for the whole hour, it just callers talking to each other, weird music and oddness.

http://iainlee.cu.ma/has every episode to download

I was reading out the Cat in the hat. There is nothing like it elsewhere

• Paid Members

I've said it before and I say it again. I fucking despise Radio Nova here in Ireland.

If it's not fucking Chris Rea, it's Tom cunting Petty, followed by Neil Young whinging and then Bob Dylan sounding like Daniel Day Lewis' interpretation of Christy Brown, rinse and repeat.

Every poxy song sounds like a novelty jingle and I'm at somebody else's garden party so I can't do anything but grin and barely bear it.

The odd time you might get a Faith No More song but it's usually one of their shit ones like Epic or Easy.

Oh...oh...here's Shakedown by Bob Seger. I actually like this one.

Edited by Scott Malbranque

The last hour of Friday's Iain lee was like a live radio phone in version of Blue Jam. It's certainly not entry level listening but it was... very brave and very... good, I think. He didn't speak for the whole hour, it just callers talking to each other, weird music and oddness.

http://iainlee.cu.ma/has every episode to download

I was in and out of consciousness while this was going on, it was a bit of a trip.

Check out his podcast with Adam Buxton, some great stuff there and can't wait for the one with Richard Herring.

• Awards Moderator

Check out his podcast with Adam Buxton, some great stuff there and can't wait for the one with Richard Herring.

Yes he was so enjoyable to listen to on that. I didn't realise he was so young when he was on the 11 O'Clock show.

I can't wait for it to all go wrong for Jess Glynn. Everytime I'm in the car with the wife, which is the only time I really listen to what you would call broadcast radio, she seems to be on every fucking twenty minutes or so. In fact you can probably say that for everything on Capital Radio, they're still playing that fucking Justin Bieber 'Love Yourself' song that missed out on last years Christmas number one.

Edited by WyattSheepMask