Radio Ga-Ga

Devon Malcolm

• Moderators

Yeah, every afternoon on Drivetime with Darren Spastic Gough.

Does anyone who listens to talkshite actually like it?

Alan Boozil. Hate him. Still, at least Ronnie "Gary Speed was my best friend, I'll cry talking about him on BRAZIL'S BIG BEER BREAKFAST, and then not go to his funeral because I'm going on the piss to France with Boozy Brazil" Irani no longer is there.

Edited by PowerButchi

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

TalkSHITE are starting a new DAB channel next month - TalkRADIO. Looks like it could be interesting if it;s not shit. They've already got Iain Lee and George Galloway. I always enjoyed Galloway's old Talkshite shows, it was good to have the one talk radio show with a left wing bent. Shitter of a man, great broadcaster.

• Paid Members

Oooooh, I'm up for this. I've finally tapped out on TalkSport after hearing Alan Brazil proudly declare that his morning show had "110% of you daily recommended intake of BANTER!!!!" the other day.

Hopefully this will have something on for the morning commute that's better than Brazil, Chris Evans, Shaun 'I'm dour and from up north' Keavney or Nick 'I'm less dour, but still from up north" Grimshaw. Even Radio 4 in the morning has gone to shit recently with approximately 59 minutes of EU Referendum chat per 60 minutes of broadcast time.

• Paid Members

I've finally tapped out on TalkSport after hearing Alan Brazil proudly declare that his morning show had "110% of you daily recommended intake of BANTER!!!!" the other day.

Surely any banter is more than enough banter?

Not for us thrill seekers who can't get insurance due to a previous conviction, buy our tools at great trade prices and listen to the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast it ain't.

I can only get my fix through Ray Wilkins reviewing the Brit Awards or Alan waxing lyrical about his recent beano to Montpellier.

Edited by Gus Mears

Amazing! This will be great. The UK's been in dire need for a talk radio format for ages ever since the original TalkRadio changed to TalkSport. I'm curious to know who'll be doing nights. I hope Nick Abbot is on board.

Iain Lee has got the 10pm -1am spot, that should be ace if his recent radio wm and 3cr stuff (until he got sacked for ridiculous reasons from both) is anything to go by. I didn't like his tv stuff but he's great on the wireless. I'm not sure if Galloway is 1-fuck knows when but it seems that way. Paul Ross on the breakfast show...not so sure about that. Edited by Harry Wiseau

• Paid Members

Keeping it on talk radio tip.......any LBC listeners here? There are some real irritants that have their own shows on there but James O' Brian is pretty great.

I listened in a few times and J.O.B. is decent enough, but it just wasn't worth it to risk I might catch the annoying, groundlessly smug Julia Hartley-Brewer or Nick "Fucking Wretch" Ferrari. Just five minutes of either of them makes me want to punch my mum in the face for bringing me into a world with them in it.

• Moderators

Well, it looks like it's Ross at breakfast (as bad as Boozil), then Lee, then Galloway. I'll put a pound to a penny James Whale will find his way on there too. I'm just chuffed Jon Gunt poured fuel all over that bridge, lit it on fire, and then threw Mike Parry's wife on it.

Actually, thinking about it, I wouldn't be surprised to see Mike Parry on the new TalkRadio as the Two Mikes format has been non-sports programming for a while. Possibly a simulcast.

To whet the appetites, here's Galloway's old show. Marvellous. (Talking to Piers Corbyn)

Edited by PowerButchi