Championship and Lower League Discussion 2010/11

patiirc

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Fucked off to say the very least.

A lousy, miserable day.

Posh would have been my favourites for promotion after Southampton and you probably just above Plymouth. I reckon you have a better squad then last year tbh, what happened at Bournemouth today? Eddie Howe must be some motivator.

Also Ravenhill asked what Caleb Folans like, iv'e seem him play a number of times for Ireland, Trappatoni seems to like him, hes big and strong and can hold the ball up and get some good flick ons to his striking partner. He was fantastic for us against Italy away, a match we should have won to be fair. I imagine he'd form a good partnership with Kuqi but I doubt he'll get that many goals himself.

• Paid Members
This being Hull City, we'll get stuffed at Millwall today

Fucking told ya!

What's your striker Caleb Folan like? Apparently Swansea are interested in signing him.

He should be better really. He's got everything, he's tall, he's quick and he's got good ability. He doesn't have the intelligence to be a top striker though, his movement isn't anywhere near good enough. He's also not a "target man" and when we've played him recently, we've hit balls up to him and despite being tall, he's rubbish in the air. If you play the ball in behind and use his pace, he's much better.

• Paid Members

If i'm allowed to barge in with my Welsh Football seeing as we have no thread, a great 2-1 win for Bangor City yesterday against Full-Timers Neath Athletic. It's about time our Centre Half let Lee Trundle out of his pocket though, he might suffocate!

• Paid Members

Not the prettiest of wins for Norwich yesterday at Scunthorpe, but we'll certainly take it. Last minute winners are pretty damn sexy. On early evidence of the first three games we look ok, but I fear for our defence against more prolific strikeforces. Also, our midfield doesn't seem to give said defence much cover, as evidenced by yesterday where ball after ball was bombed into our penalty area, and no sooner had we cleared the ball away then the midfield would lose possession and they'd have to clean up again. Grant Holt is a fucking beast though, chuffed he's got his scoring boots on again (well, he scored with his head, but you catch my drift).

We look a little lightweight in places for me, but on the whole an ok start. Looking forward to the return of the old farm derbies this season as well as another couple of battles with Leeds.

Excellent display of attaking football by Swansea yesterday, Scott Sinclair is definately a premier league quality player. And another good game for Stephen Dobbie, when I first saw him I said he looked good, I hope Rodgers sticks with him.

What's your striker Caleb Folan like? Apparently Swansea are interested in signing him.

He should be better really. He's got everything, he's tall, he's quick and he's got good ability. He doesn't have the intelligence to be a top striker though, his movement isn't anywhere near good enough. He's also not a "target man" and when we've played him recently, we've hit balls up to him and despite being tall, he's rubbish in the air. If you play the ball in behind and use his pace, he's much better.

Hmmm from that summary of him, I hope we don't sign him. Although he's gotta be better than Pintardo!

Really didnt expect us to win so comfortably at Sheffield Utd the other day, but in fairness I didn't realise Kevin Blackwell was on the brink of getting the sack either. Must have been nice for Neil Warnock and Paddy Kenny to return to their old haunt and leave victorious as they no doubt both got some stick!

By the sounds of it Taraabt had another blinder yesterday and even Hogan Ephraim appears to be carrying on his pre season goal scoring form, which can only be good news for us! We still desperately need a striker, but for now it's nice to see the likes of Taraabt and Mackie chipping in to cover that weakness. Warnock gave an interview with a radio station after the game and mentioned we are close to signing his number 1 target from last season, which has most QPR fans stumped simply because we've been linked with so many strikers!! If I was a betting man i'd wager it'll be 1 of Jon Walters from Ipswich, Jason Roberts or maybe Dave Kitson?? Id much prefer Roberts than anybody else as I think he'd suit our system a lot better and would thrive with service from Taraabt, Mackie, Buzsaky, Faurlin, and Hogan!!

Typical that Millwall won 4-0 and go top, but I cant see them maintaining their current form, so for now I'm happy to sit in 2nd!

Really didnt expect us to win so comfortably at Sheffield Utd the other day, but in fairness I didn't realise Kevin Blackwell was on the brink of getting the sack either. Must have been nice for Neil Warnock and Paddy Kenny to return to their old haunt and leave victorious as they no doubt both got some stick!

By the sounds of it Taraabt had another blinder yesterday and even Hogan Ephraim appears to be carrying on his pre season goal scoring form, which can only be good news for us! We still desperately need a striker, but for now it's nice to see the likes of Taraabt and Mackie chipping in to cover that weakness. Warnock gave an interview with a radio station after the game and mentioned we are close to signing his number 1 target from last season, which has most QPR fans stumped simply because we've been linked with so many strikers!! If I was a betting man i'd wager it'll be 1 of Jon Walters from Ipswich, Jason Roberts or maybe Dave Kitson?? Id much prefer Roberts than anybody else as I think he'd suit our system a lot better and would thrive with service from Taraabt, Mackie, Buzsaky, Faurlin, and Hogan!!

Typical that Millwall won 4-0 and go top, but I cant see them maintaining their current form, so for now I'm happy to sit in 2nd!

Adel Taraabt is an awesome player. Harry Redknapp said he's the most skillful player he's ever worked with, just didn't know where to fit him in the team.

As for Kevin Blackwell. I reckon his sacking was inevitable, the chairman was just waiting for an excuse. I reckon thats why Sheff Utd wouldn't let Speed talk to Swansea. Gary Speed will be their next manager.

Cardiff City are in a bit of bother with Motherwell it would appear;

Further to an initial statement issued on Thursday 22nd July, Motherwell Football Club have today issued the following press release relating to the transfer of Paul Quinn to Cardiff City FC.

Cardiff City owe Motherwell Football Club

Steve Wigley signs to become Bristol City Assistant manager whilst still keeping u21 job.

Happy with that decent coach brought on youth whereever he has been. Shat manager though Best of Both Worlds I feel

Archived