Championship and Lower League Discussion 2010/11

patiirc

• Paid Members
In terms of keeping him, he's actually already been linked to several jobs already. The main one which keeps cropping up is his old club Celtic, but thankfully he doesn't want to manage in Scotland because of the inferior league quality

..or he just wasn't good up here. He only managed 5 wins for Livingston out of 32 games played. Winning only 2 league games out of those 32 matches.

To be fair to Lambert, Livingston were going through some money troubles at the time.

But you can't say with a straight face, if you were Norwich manager, you'd turn down the Celtic job? Lambert would walk to Parkhead, if he was offered it.

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
In terms of keeping him, he's actually already been linked to several jobs already. The main one which keeps cropping up is his old club Celtic, but thankfully he doesn't want to manage in Scotland because of the inferior league quality

..or he just wasn't good up here. He only managed 5 wins for Livingston out of 32 games played. Winning only 2 league games out of those 32 matches.

To be fair to Lambert, Livingston were going through some money troubles at the time.

But you can't say with a straight face, if you were Norwich manager, you'd turn down the Celtic job? Lambert would walk to Parkhead, if he was offered it.

Livingston was his first managerial job and you've already said they had money troubles too. Norwich have had those but at least we've still had the resources, plus he'd actually got vital experience under his belt.

I can quite easily, confidently say with the straightest face possible that he won't leave us for the Celtic job if it ever got offered. He doesn't want to manage in Scotland at all, he has said time and time again he wants to make a name for himself in the English game or possibly abroad in Germany, where he has experience as a player. That's not to say Celtic aren't a massive club and I think their fans are brilliant. Nothing against them at all, but Lambert just doesn't want to go back there. I think he sees it as something of a poisoned chalice, what with all the expectation and the gradual decline of the Scottish league.

I'm not saying he'll stay with us forever, or even that he'll never take the job in his managerial career. It just won't be his next club and he won't go there unless he somehow burns his bridges in the English leagues.

Livingston was his first managerial job and you've already said they had money troubles too. Norwich have had those but at least we've still had the resources, plus he'd actually got vital experience under his belt.

I can quite easily, confidently say with the straightest face possible that he won't leave us for the Celtic job if it ever got offered. He doesn't want to manage in Scotland at all, he has said time and time again he wants to make a name for himself in the English game or possibly abroad in Germany, where he has experience as a player. That's not to say Celtic aren't a massive club and I think their fans are brilliant. Nothing against them at all, but Lambert just doesn't want to go back there. I think he sees it as something of a poisoned chalice, what with all the expectation and the gradual decline of the Scottish league.

I'm not saying he'll stay with us forever, or even that he'll never take the job in his managerial career. It just won't be his next club and he won't go there unless he somehow burns his bridges in the English leagues.

Lambert stated a while back he was sick to death of the moronic element of the Glasgow goldfish bowl, and was happy to be out of Scotland and away from it for a while. Of course thats not to say he may miss it and come back north eventually, but I can't see him taking the Celtic job for a long time. For a young manager still learning his trade, with his family to consider (his kids will still be at school etc) I cant say I blame him in the slightest for this.

• Paid Members

Big game against Hull tommorow, would be happy with a draw to be honest. Their away from is a bit patchy so that could work in our favour, but I pretty much expect this to be the toughest game of the season so far.

Edit (after the game): Well, that went down a fucking treat didn't it? Played well and stayed on top for 80 minutes, but got punished at the end for not taking the chances. Not too gutted as we're still 6th and I predicted it would be tough anyway. Definitely not panic stations, we're doing just fine. Fully expect us to kick on and keep surprising people this season.

Third! Fucking THIRD!! Lambert is an absolute god. And ahead of both Leeds AND Ipswich. That league table looks pretty sexy at the moment.

Talking of Leeds, that game looked blinding last night. 6-4?! Glorious if you're a neutral or Preston fan.

Its from 4-1 down I may be right in thinking its one of the greatest comebacks of all time. Preston are the first team to score 6 ever at Elland Road

So its akin to the Man City vs Tottenham epic 3-0 o win 4-3 with 10 men

Mansfield vs Bristol City epic 4-2 to win 4-5 in the last few minutes

Port Vale QPR epic 4-1 at Ht to 4-4 final score

The Burnley vs Grimsby Epic in 2002 (Iam sure they did a 7-5 a few seasons ago as well)

Awesome

We are so going down if things dont get sorted quickly?

Gunna lose vs Norwich , but may score loads in the process should be fun.. We did everything but score again vs Pompey

@Cheap Sheep wheres the cockney car sales man in all that lot?

Oh, him. I think he's probably still bleating to the press about how unfair it was of us to do all that nasty tackling and stuff. Never seen such a sore loser!

Does seem like sour grapes..

how you guys doing now anyway.. kinda dropped the ball on lower league stuff recently?

Archived