Championship and Lower League Discussion 2010/11

patiirc

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My dads a Leeds fan and im even more gutted. I told him it would be 2-1 to derby and derby would go one up then Leeds would equalize. Only thing I got wrong was saying derby would get the second in the second half. Annoying.

Anyway, what a start to the championship, cracking game last night to start with and Leeds was a good game too. I'm paying extra interest this year again after our experience last season and it really looks an awesome league again. Still think Middlesbrough will do well, I tipped Boro and qpr this week and stick by that, no idea for the play offs tho. Expect Bristol city, Ipswich, burnley and hull to be there or thereabouts, also got a weird feeling about Coventry but I had it last season as well thar they'd do well so it's probably nothing :S odd. Honestly expect forest to struggle this season, wouldn't be suprised to see them lower half. I think leeds will be top 10 aswell.

But yeah cracking start and really excited to see the championship especially unfold.

"He's just too good for you, he's just too good for you"- Adel Taraabt is off and running! 4-0 flattered QPR today but Barnsley were rather poor and we definitely deserved the win. As usual Heider Helguson managed to miss 2 sitters from 2 yards, with one of them already being called a contender for miss of the season, his penalty (despite being converted) was utter gash too.

New signings all settled in well although Paddy Kenny was a bit shakey! Jamie Mackie was unfortunately outshone by the awesome Adel Taraabt today, but still looks a lively player and for 500k could be a massive coup!

Warnock had an interview after the game and hinted that we are interested in signing Michael Chopra, and he still wants another 3 players. Jason Roberts and Danny Graham from Watford have also been linked with us as of late.

More importantly it seems ANOTHER indian, the owner of Kingfisher Beer is close to buying out Fat Flavio and the "Poisioned Midget" Eccelstone for their shares which only fuels the Chopra rumour even further as our existing Indian owners are desperate to make QPR huge over that part of the world (Chopra is half Indian).

Absolutely delighted that we're top, albeit only for a week!

:laugh: At Damion Stewart getting sent off for Bristol!

Was just about to post the Adam Stansfield thing was a cracking lower league player. Only heard good things about him and his 'sis' Lisa :p

Some more footy deaths

RIP Brian Clark (Numerous clubs inc Bristol City and Cardiff) 67

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Clark_(footballer)

RIP Massamasso Tchangai (Togolese International) Died aged 32 Heart Attack :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massamasso_Tchangai

RIP Adam...

• Paid Members

RIP Adam. Awful news.

non-related bile inside.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Dear GodJimmy,

If the Carling Cup is so bloody important why is it only the second game of the fucking season for 72 of the teams in the country, when a great deal of them are still trying to get over a horrible result on the opener? Could you fix it for us to put it back a week from next year so that teams can get a little better prepared, and not travel 150 fucking miles in the first week of term to choke in extra time to some shitarses who should almost be out of business?

Yours,

A very PO'd Robins fan.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Absolutly devasted about the death of Markus Liebherr, the man saved our football club and gave us hope, I dont know what happens to us now, but the man was an absolute legend, the sheer enjoyment of him at the JPT final with his own camera was magnificent

Absolutly devasted about the death of Markus Liebherr, the man saved our football club and gave us hope, I dont know what happens to us now, but the man was an absolute legend, the sheer enjoyment of him at the JPT final with his own camera was magnificent

Yeah, this seemed really sudden. Do you know what actually happened? Not heard anything.

Very sad 24 hours for football.

RIP.

Archived