Championship and Lower League Discussion 2010/11

patiirc

Apparently the strong favourite to take over at Swansea City is Gareth Southgate. That could be an interesting appointment. I suppose he has something to prove.

Whats everyone's thoughts on Southgate as a manager?

He is a pile of wank. Can't motivate, tactically naive, no imagination, managed to get a decent team relegated, shite pundit, can't take penalties, not as cool as Paulo.

I'm still holding out that we can get Dunga.

Nobody is as cool as Paulo! Not even Mourinho!

I think the Premiership was too much for Southgate, and I was never a fan of his style of play. But there's a part of me that thinks he could do well as he has something to prove.

Chris Coleman is my shout though.

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being an Orient fan is like utter Groundhog Da material. At the start of every season we have a young player come in and say something along the lines of this:

Elliot Omozusi believes Leyton Orient could be the surprise package in League One next season.

The 21-year-old defender recently joined the Os from Fulham as one of nine new signings brought in by manager Russell Slade during a busy summer at Brisbane Road.

He told the Guardian Series: "Nobody expected Swindon Town would be in the play-offs at the start of last season.

"So if we can get a good run of games together, then maybe we can do something in League One as well.

Any League One fans on here who saw Orient last season? Thoughts on our performance?

• Paid Members
By the looks of things, nobody wants the Swansea job!! The Evening Post is saying that Sheffield Utd want Alan Tate as part of a deal to get Gary Speed, but that will never happen!

The Hamilton Accies boss has re-considered and is being unveiled tomorrow, according to BBC Sport.

Being an Orient fan is like utter Groundhog Da material. At the start of every season we have a young player come in and say something along the lines of this:

Elliot Omozusi believes Leyton Orient could be the surprise package in League One next season.

The 21-year-old defender recently joined the Os from Fulham as one of nine new signings brought in by manager Russell Slade during a busy summer at Brisbane Road.

He told the Guardian Series: "Nobody expected Swindon Town would be in the play-offs at the start of last season.

"So if we can get a good run of games together, then maybe we can do something in League One as well.

Any League One fans on here who saw Orient last season? Thoughts on our performance?

I was there the night you beat the Champions - was impressed with your side and setup, great little away trip despite our (rare) awful performance.

Honestly can't see you challenging at the top next year though, especially if Ryan Jarvis is still playing for you. And Omozusi is crap too.

Looks like we've signed Simeon Jackson - pretty pleased with that.

Looks like we've signed Simeon Jackson - pretty pleased with that.

With Surman, Jackson et al Norwich have been really shrewd I reckon they could be there or there abouts next year

they have also signed elliot ward and john ruddy. good signings at that level. should do well as they would be on a high from last year.

i'm shocked that sheff wed managed to sign Clinton Morrison on a free i thought he could still do a good job in the championship.

• Moderators

LOL

You're welcome to him. We were fucking utter ringpiece last season, and the only player worse than him was Lamine Sakho. If you sign him, prepare for a Turf recreation of Bambi On Ice. Utter Toss. When you keep hold of the 7,000,000 year old Frank Sinclair and give him his cards, that's a hint.

Our new celebrity fan:

21e6s0g.jpg

Posh also currently have Franck Quedrue on trial.

GJ always likes his players on trial. None of them are EVER fit or good enough. So unless he makes a massive change to his policy your unlikely to sign him. I see he has already been to Yeovil for Arron Davies :p

Whats happening with George Boyd? Staying or going?

Boyd signed a new contract, I read the other day.

Arron Davies is a cracking little player. he and Chris Cohen were excellent at Yeovil in the season they lost to Blackpool in the Play-off Final.

Davies should have been a lot more than he was at Forest, but totally lost his confidence after a couple of bad injuries. I remember at the time he was meant to be the prize asset in the deal that took him and Cohen to Forest.

Archived