Championship and Lower League Discussion 2010/11

patiirc

LOL

You're welcome to him. We were fucking utter ringpiece last season, and the only player worse than him was Lamine Sakho. If you sign him, prepare for a Turf recreation of Bambi On Ice. Utter Toss. When you keep hold of the 7,000,000 year old Frank Sinclair and give him his cards, that's a hint.

Ah. The good news then is that we've sent him back with a polite letter of rejection and snapped up Preston's Liam Chilvers instead. Phew!

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOL

You're welcome to him. We were fucking utter ringpiece last season, and the only player worse than him was Lamine Sakho. If you sign him, prepare for a Turf recreation of Bambi On Ice. Utter Toss. When you keep hold of the 7,000,000 year old Frank Sinclair and give him his cards, that's a hint.

Ah. The good news then is that we've sent him back with a polite letter of rejection and snapped up Preston's Liam Chilvers instead. Phew!

Liam used to play you eons ago on loan didnt he?

We have got Liam Rosenior on trial who said would never play for the club again and is a self important cock

Apparently Bradley Orr is off to QPR not sure if confirmed Ive been out

Also linked with John Stead, please god no! Jason Scotland love these 30 plus Swansea types and Tom Im not good enough for Wycombe Williams

and Bristol Council need to be lined up and shot

• Paid Members
and Bristol Council need to be lined up and shot

Then buried under both goals in the new stadium. The whole situation is more bent than Hoffa could dream of.

Our fantastic pre season continues

Drubbed 4-0 @Helsingborgs

Drew/Beat Gothenburg I cant remember

Beat Vallens IF a pub team 11-0 (ish)

Lost to Torquay 2-1

Lost to Aldershot 3-0

Losing 2-0 vs Exeter

Yeovil Wednesday

Blackpool Saturday

Hartley and Orr off

Stead and seemingly no one else ever coming in.

An injury list longer than the team sheet nearly

Ballcocks

I don't know why people worry so much about pre-season, results really are irrelevant (mostly) - it's all about fitness, shape, getting used to new players etc.

We won all but one of our pre-season games last year and totally capitulated on the opening day (and would have continued to do so under Bryan Gunn I believe). Newcastle lost 6-1 at Leyton Orient a year ago and went on to win the league with ease.

I wouldn't stress too much mate, while Bristol City don't look overly strong on paper, Coppell can get the best out of average players - I think you may surprise a few (along with Doncaster, my dark horses for promotion next season).

Aidy Boothroyd seems to have gotten all the City fans on side relatively quickly, though that's what signing a few players will do for you.

So far we've brought in Lucas Jutkiewicz, Lee Carsley, Richard Keogh, Steven O'Halloran, Gary McSheffrey, Roy O'Donovan with links to Marlon King.

If we were to start tomorrow, I think are team would look something like;

------------------K Westwood-----------------------

R Keogh----M Cranie----R Wood----S O'Halloran

-------------------L Carsley-------------------------

-----------G Deegan---------------------------------

---------------------------A Gunnarrson-------------

C Baker-------------------------------G McSheffrey

------------------L Jutkiewicz-------------------------

Subs;

D Ireland

C Hussey

J McPake

M Doyle

D Bell

M McIndoe

R O' Donovan

It's not going to set any worlds alight, but I dig it. WAR TEAM BOOTHROYD!

I don't know why people worry so much about pre-season, results really are irrelevant (mostly) - it's all about fitness, shape, getting used to new players etc.

We won all but one of our pre-season games last year and totally capitulated on the opening day (and would have continued to do so under Bryan Gunn I believe). Newcastle lost 6-1 at Leyton Orient a year ago and went on to win the league with ease.

I wouldn't stress too much mate, while Bristol City don't look overly strong on paper, Coppell can get the best out of average players - I think you may surprise a few (along with Doncaster, my dark horses for promotion next season).

Im worried because we are at least 5 players short. I know results mean diddly squat.. its the way in which we are losing that concerns. we are being out played and tactically ripped to pieces

Players wise 2 in 13 out since last season.

From what Ive seen we have no shape nor ideas.. if anything we are playing worse than last season and that was a car wreck.

The issue is that the fans know the deficiencies of the current lot, SC doesnt (despite saying watched the entire season on DVD) we are still playing the same way and getting found out. Some weird ass positional fuck ups inc Skuse in defence and Cisse in midfield ( replace Skuse who was played out of position) just add to the overall. Holy Shit nature to it.

The players already look jaded and fed up we havent even started yet.

As for not being strong

Maynard

Admoah (shining star since he signed)

Cole Skuse

Liam Fontaine

Are amongst the better players.. the team is largely Championship experienced now so their should be no excuses for the dirge being served up

3-1 final score

• Paid Members

Probably not the most suitable thread, but my team, Bangor City have their next Europa League game away against Maritimo of Portugal Away tomorrow night. I fear a Cricket Score to be honest, but we did allright against Honka of Finland in the last round:

Applied to join the football league fantasy game.

Team;

GK - Kieran Westwood

DEF - Nyron Nosworthy

DEF - Sean St Ledger

DEF - Chris Gunter

DEF - Richard Keogh

MID - Gary O'Neil

MID - Jimmy Kebe

MID - Darren Ambrose

MID - Peter Whittingham

FWD - Gary McSheffrey

FWD - Kris Boyd

• Paid Members

Lots of debate on Talksport about King.

I wouldn't want him back but I won't criticise Coventry at all. The fact is that he's a top footballer and if they don't take him, someone else will. It'd be nice if football had some morals but it doesn't. There were a lot of upset Cov fans on the radio last night.

I'm very much of the opinion that if you've done your time, you should be allowed to get on with your life. King has had so many chances though and never learns.

I'm very much of the opinion that if you've done your time, you should be allowed to get on with your life. King has had so many chances though and never learns.

That's the thing that gets me I think. If a bloke has made one mistake and has served his time then fair enough.

Its the Marlon Kings and Joey Bartons of the world that want fucking.

As far as I can see, Cov fans in general don't care as much as they want everyone to think they do about Marlon King, I think it's more of people believing they need to be against it after our massively pious outpourings after Hughes joined Oldham.

I wouldn't be interested in sharing a pint with King, but someone is going to sign him, and i'd rather he was scoring goals for us than scoring goals against us.

Though, according to his agent there is Premier League interest. Though, he might just be stoking the fires of future wages.

Currently, as far as strikers go, we have Clive Platt, Lukas Jutkiewics, Gary McSheffrey, Freddy Eastwood, Roy O'Donovan and Sean Jeffers. Sheffers might very well play on the left, but we'd probably still need to lighten the load a bit; especially as Aidy has said he's going to play with three across the middle, with two wide players and one up front.

If we do get King, I should imagine it'd be something like JUTKIEWICS - KING - SHEFFERS.

Big 4-5-1 and 42-3-1 trend going on in the FL at the moment. Looking at some of the line ups from friendlies.

We've played 4-5-1 twice and scored 8 conceded 1. Against Hartlepool and SK Brann. Honestly think we will go into the season with it. We have no pacey striker with Beckford gone,the 4-5-1 suits Becchio and possibly Billy Paynter to a tee....if we were to kick off tomorrow we'd line up...

Schmeichel

Connolly Bromby Collins Bessone

Killkenny

Howson Johnson

Sam White

Becchio

Alex Bruce supposed to be signing today,and Snodgrass and Paynter would be in but are injured. I think we have an exciting young team that will surprise many. If the Matt Derbyshire links are true i'll be over the moon.

Archived