Championship and Lower League Discussion 2010/11

patiirc

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Blimey, Steve Coppell has resigned as Bristol City manager.

EDIT - Keith Millen is the new boss.

Its been coming has that I dont think his heart has been in it.. full stop

Still thanks for bollocksing our pre season and giving us 2 weeks to get manager/players in

Wanker

• Paid Members
Blimey, Steve Coppell has resigned as Bristol City manager.

EDIT - Keith Millen is the new boss.

Its been coming has that I dont think his heart has been in it.. full stop

Still thanks for bollocksing our pre season and giving us 2 weeks to get manager/players in

Wanker

And the person who is probably laughing the hardest is Dean Gerken, about to reclaim his starting spot. You may have been right after all.

Still, at least we got the Oxo sponsorship for those Laughing Stock cubes.

And the person who is probably laughing the hardest is Dean Gerken, about to reclaim his starting spot. You may have been right after all.

Gerks had a blinder vs Sarfend.. I really rate him to be honest shame no one else does :p

SC was a fucking waste of space all round, people were lauding and applauding him, but we always looked not faffed with him in charge, no urgency no passion and full of shit. His tactics were out dated and he got found out easily

What an utter cluster fuck

Despite saying he has now retired, if he ends up in Villa in some capacity I shall scream

Suprised DJ not been made assistant. I assume that was the ultimate plan when he signed?

• Paid Members

Gerks had a blinder vs Sarfend.. I really rate him to be honest shame no one else does :p

SC was a fucking waste of space all round, people were lauding and applauding him, but we always looked not faffed with him in charge, no urgency no passion and full of shit. His tactics were out dated and he got found out easily

What an utter cluster fuck

Despite saying he has now retired, if he ends up in Villa in some capacity I shall scream

Suprised DJ not been made assistant. I assume that was the ultimate plan when he signed?

There's no word on an assistant yet, so that may still be a possibility in the extremely unlikely scenario that he's still with us come September. I thought he was going for Naylor's GK coach job, anyway.

There's no word on an assistant yet, so that may still be a possibility in the extremely unlikely scenario that he's still with us come September. I thought he was going for Naylor's GK coach job, anyway.

Whats the SP on OTIB? Im IP banned ( no reasons either Bastards), and some one said it was down anyway. Ziderheads is awful quiet

If he isnt with us in Sept he wont be able to sign for anyone else til Jan as a player will he?

When did Naylor come back, thought he went off to West Brom as Coach? or did I imagine that

• Paid Members
When did Naylor come back, thought he went off to West Brom as Coach? or did I imagine that

The latter.

I would've thought that James wouldn't be able to transfer out, but then again he hasn't appeared for Pompey this term, so I'm not really sure. If he were to leave it'll have be a Mutual job.

OTIB is on in 'simple' mode, meaning it probably melted immediately on news breaking. Mood is a mix of "fuck Coppell", "come on Millen", "is DJ staying?" and still "BCC are Tards". As I expected, really.

The latter.

I would've thought that James wouldn't be able to transfer out, but then again he hasn't appeared for Pompey this term, so I'm not really sure. If he were to leave it'll have be a Mutual job.

OTIB is on in 'simple' mode, meaning it probably melted immediately on news breaking. Mood is a mix of "fuck Coppell", "come on Millen", "is DJ staying?" and still "BCC are Tards". As I expected, really.

Otib is simple though :p Usual knee jerkers then :rolleyes:

Dunno why I thought that about Naylor.. oh well

Didnt SL sign DJ? over Coppell if I read right so he didnt go there because of the 'high' profile management?

Either way this has been a clusterfuck of immense proportions.. Why does Millen want the job now, after not wanting it last season?

Player Power being the issue again?

Something is rotten in that club and has been for a few years

Scotty for Assistant?

• Paid Members

Coppell's worse than Kevin Keegan for this sort of thing, and that's saying something. Personally I think Coppell might have some issues that stops him from doing his job properly when things aren't going his way, he looked awful in his post Man City press conference. Still shitty thing to do though as he must of gave it a decent bit of thought before he took the job. If I was a Bristol City fan i'd be mightily pissed off, although on the brightside Millen did really well last season, knows all the players and therell be little upheaval. I was puzzled as to why he didn't get the job last season tbh (not knowing all the facts)

• Paid Members

Hey all. Not been able to get on much in the past fortnight, it's been one hell of a start to the season.

I was terribly sorry to hear about Adam Stansfield. 31 is no age and certainly puts things into perspective. I hope there is some national recognition of the guy, though I was saddened that there was no silence at Wembley on Wednesday.

Steve Coppell was a stunner, not much to add that hasn't been said. I've enjoyed all of the televised matches so far. Was impressed with Watford at Norwich, Plymouth at Southampton and Middlesbrough's kids. Certainly look better than the chuff they've dredged in from Scotland!

As for Hull City, I was quietly confident before the start of the season, I thought some people were dismissing us unnecessarily. In a week, we've brought in Bostock on loan, beaten Swansea comfortably, restructured our debts and signed Robert Koren. I'm scarily optimistic right now. I think we have the best midfield in the league. We have fuck all up front but if that changes in the next 2 weeks, I dread to think how happy I may become.

This being Hull City, we'll get stuffed at Millwall today (I'm just setting off) and then we'll sell 3 players I love.

Either way I can say, without bitterness, that it's nice to be back in the football league.

Hey all. Not been able to get on much in the past fortnight, it's been one hell of a start to the season.

I was terribly sorry to hear about Adam Stansfield. 31 is no age and certainly puts things into perspective. I hope there is some national recognition of the guy, though I was saddened that there was no silence at Wembley on Wednesday.

Steve Coppell was a stunner, not much to add that hasn't been said. I've enjoyed all of the televised matches so far. Was impressed with Watford at Norwich, Plymouth at Southampton and Middlesbrough's kids. Certainly look better than the chuff they've dredged in from Scotland!

As for Hull City, I was quietly confident before the start of the season, I thought some people were dismissing us unnecessarily. In a week, we've brought in Bostock on loan, beaten Swansea comfortably, restructured our debts and signed Robert Koren. I'm scarily optimistic right now. I think we have the best midfield in the league. We have fuck all up front but if that changes in the next 2 weeks, I dread to think how happy I may become.

This being Hull City, we'll get stuffed at Millwall today (I'm just setting off) and then we'll sell 3 players I love.

Either way I can say, without bitterness, that it's nice to be back in the football league.

What's your striker Caleb Folan like? Apparently Swansea are interested in signing him.

Kevin Blackwell has left his post as Sheffield United manager by mutual consent following their miserable start to the new season.

Blackwell was shown the door shortly after the 3-0 home defeat to QPR, who are managed by former Blades boss Neil Warnock.

The Steel City outfit, who reached the Championship play-off final under Blackwell in 2009, missed out on a top-six finish last term.

They opened their campaign with a 1-1 draw at Cardiff despite being reduced to 10 men in the first half, but crashed out of the Carling Cup in midweek with an embarrassing defeat at the hands of League One Hartlepool.

And the 3-0 home humbling by the Rs, who were home and hosed after 23 minutes of the match, proved to be the final straw for the Blades board.

There had been calls for Blackwell's head during the match and the supporters got their way with news of his departure soon after the final whistle.

The former Leeds and Luton boss had been at the helm of the South Yorkshire club since February 2008, winning 53 of his 124 games in charge and losing 35.

A statement from the club read: "Following the home defeat to QPR, Sheffield United and Kevin Blackwell have jointly agreed to part company with immediate effect.

"Kevin Blackwell has worked tremendously hard over the last two and a half years and his record in terms of results is equal to, if not better than, most previous managers at Bramall Lane.

"He will always have a warm welcome at Sheffield United.

"However, it is time for us to move on because our ambition remains the same in challenging for promotion, hence this decision to look for a new manager to carry on the work Kevin has been doing."

Archived