Championship and Lower League Discussion 2010/11

patiirc

Stuffed by Cardiff, Bellamy being the star setting up 2 and scoring one. We are the first, won't be the last that happens to this season. Can't wait until we are massively in debt and can afford Premiership level players on loan an 20k p/w.

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stuffed by Cardiff, Bellamy being the star setting up 2 and scoring one. We are the first, won't be the last that happens to this season. Can't wait until we are massively in debt and can afford Premiership level players on loan an 20k p/w.

How did Wayne Thomas do on his debut?

Please not pleased you signed him?

How did Wayne Thomas do on his debut?

Please not pleased you signed him?

He did OK. An 'elder' with some top flight experience head and the fact we are so depleted on numbers, I was pleased when we got him. Gillet didn't have a great game though, pretty much at fault for the first goal.

An elder? 31 is elder... jeezus wept!

I dont think he has ever been top flight, always been shipped out by the promoted/ Promotion chasing teams, Burnley, Stoke and Southhampton

Rash Head ( will get sent off at some point) but generally impressive at this level

Considering he was a cock at school then he aint done too bad

Runs part of a Wine Business in his spare time

Unbeaten, 9 goals scored, none conceded and playing some fantastic mouth watering football in the process. It's not often you get to be this happy as a QPR fan, but long may it continue!

Looks like 1 of Jason Roberts or Dave Kitson to sign on loan before the transfer window closes. Either one of those 2 and i'm confident that we will deffo last the distance and be there or there about's in the promotion race towards the end of the season.

Also for the record, who needs Bellamy when we have the best player in the league in Tarraabt who AGAIN took the all mighty piss yesterday and is improving every game. For a lad who's only 20 years old his ability is absolutely frightening! Was made captain for yesterdays game, a clear indication of Warnock doing all he can to let Adel know how much he is appreciated at QPR. Also when he was subbed after running the game for 75 minutes, the ovation he got was something quite special and perhaps the loudest I've ever heard for a player during my time. Another shrewd move by Warnock who I think substitutes him deliberately (assuming the game is already won) so he gets to hear how much the fans love him. If, and it's a massive fucking if, we can keep him even past January, and he continues as he's started, the boy will go on to be a GOD at QPR and could very well be our generations Stan Bowles/ Rodney Marsh in terms of legend status.

Oh and unlike Bellamy, he's OURS (for now)!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Christian Roberts Biography comes out in October.

Sounds like a doozy! from the Blurb

Life is a Game of Inches is the rollercoaster account of Cardiff City, Exeter City, Bristol City and Swindon Town footballer Christian Roberts. Amongst the glory of getting called up for Wales and delighting fans with his skills came the misery of alcohol addiction, gambling, losing a daughter and falling out with a succession of managers and players. Christian blows the lid off the sanctuary of the dressing room with tales of fighting, debauchery and drinking competitions. He also recalls the times he played whilst drunk and how on international duty Welsh manager, Mark Hughes, caught him legless behind a bar. Christian's alcoholism also ripped apart his family. He speaks frankly of leaving his 7-year old son sobbing on the sofa, with a broken leg, so that he could go to the pub and of throwing a pint glass at his wife when she desperately tried to stop him drinking. Ultimately Christian's alcoholism left him on the brink of losing his career, money, family and even his life. But after checking into the Sporting Chance clinic he seemed to turn his life around and was back playing the best football of his career under manager, Dennis Wise, at Swindon Town. Unfortunately, just as his life was back on track; a knee injury forced Christian to retire at the age of 28 and then tragically his Dad died of cancer. These events conspired to lead Christian on a gambling spree that would see him lose every penny he had earned and would also lead to his marriage falling apart. Having lost everything Christian moved back to the council estate where he grew up to face his new life single, jobless and broke. However, Christian did not lose heart and he threw himself into helping his community and working on the anti-racism campaign and is now happier than ever having left the bubble of living as a professional footballer.

• Paid Members
Christian Roberts Biography comes out in October.

Sounds like a doozy! from the Blurb

Life is a Game of Inches is the rollercoaster account of Cardiff City, Exeter City, Bristol City and Swindon Town footballer Christian Roberts. Amongst the glory of getting called up for Wales and delighting fans with his skills came the misery of alcohol addiction, gambling, losing a daughter and falling out with a succession of managers and players. Christian blows the lid off the sanctuary of the dressing room with tales of fighting, debauchery and drinking competitions. He also recalls the times he played whilst drunk and how on international duty Welsh manager, Mark Hughes, caught him legless behind a bar. Christian's alcoholism also ripped apart his family. He speaks frankly of leaving his 7-year old son sobbing on the sofa, with a broken leg, so that he could go to the pub and of throwing a pint glass at his wife when she desperately tried to stop him drinking. Ultimately Christian's alcoholism left him on the brink of losing his career, money, family and even his life. But after checking into the Sporting Chance clinic he seemed to turn his life around and was back playing the best football of his career under manager, Dennis Wise, at Swindon Town. Unfortunately, just as his life was back on track; a knee injury forced Christian to retire at the age of 28 and then tragically his Dad died of cancer. These events conspired to lead Christian on a gambling spree that would see him lose every penny he had earned and would also lead to his marriage falling apart. Having lost everything Christian moved back to the council estate where he grew up to face his new life single, jobless and broke. However, Christian did not lose heart and he threw himself into helping his community and working on the anti-racism campaign and is now happier than ever having left the bubble of living as a professional footballer.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Y'know

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I may actually get this one. Now I remember him he should've gone in my top ten for that playoff semi goal alone. I remember when we sold him to Swindle we forgot to put a no-compete-against clause in the contract (as some clubs tend to do) but on the morning of the game we were playing Town he wrecked his car coming out of his own garage, or something to that effect so he ended up missing it anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Despite Swansea again failing to capitalise on chances at the weekend and the fact we've only got 2 fit strikers at the moment, Brendan Rodgers has still seen fit to loan out Shefki Kuqi to Derby for 3 months.

Good one.

• Paid Members

Another three points on the board for Norwich, briefly catapulting us into the top 6! Amazing what can happen in the space of around 12 months. I didn't go to the game in the end, but by all accounts we came out much stronger in the second half and although we got a bit jammy with the own goal, deserved the win. Surman picked up an injury and will be out for two months, so that's a blow but it does give another player a chance to step up.

Couldn't be happier with our start though, and we're getting the rub of the green at the moment too. Against Swansea, Forest and now Barnsley we've rescued points which we deserve, whereas in previous years this is something that has gone against us. Cautiously optimistic about our season.

Anyone remember Evander Sno?

474074_mediumsquare.jpg

Ryan Babel has tweeted that he has been taken to hospital after a heart attack while playing for Ajax Reserves. 23 years old.

Played for Bristol City last season, possibility mentioned of him going to PNE this

More Here

Basically in a stable condition in hospital

Get well soon Evander.

• Paid Members

According to Adam Baker who works with the club they had to resuscitate him four times :omg:

Get well soon, man.

• Paid Members
Couldn't be happier with our start though, and we're getting the rub of the green at the moment too. Against Swansea, Forest and now Barnsley we've rescued points which we deserve, whereas in previous years this is something that has gone against us. Cautiously optimistic about our season.

You definately didn't deserve 3 points against Swansea.

Norwich's biggest problem is going to be keeping hold of Paul Lambert. He's really done a fantastic job to turn the club around.

• Paid Members

You definately didn't deserve 3 points against Swansea.

Norwich's biggest problem is going to be keeping hold of Paul Lambert. He's really done a fantastic job to turn the club around.

Not to come across as a dick or biased, but overall on the balance of play over the 90 minutes I'd say we just about got what we deserved against Swansea. We bossed most of the first half and despite a dodgy start in the second we recovered late on. The penalty was admittedly a bit clumsy on Ruddy's part, the jury is still out on him with our fans at the moment. Excellent save though from the pen and from there we put loads of pressure on the Swansea backline which culminated with a bit more luck with the own goal. Jackson's second was an absolute belter as well. Overall on the balance of play, we deserved the points and like I said, we're getting the rub of the green. Call it 60/40.

As for Lambert, couldn't agree more. It's not just Lambert, but our chief exec David McNally has worked absolute wonders for us off the pitch since he came in last summer. Together they've worked with a thin budget and combined with some excellent recruitment in the playing staff we nicked the League One title. In around twelve months we've gone from a national laughing stock after *that* 7-1 loss to Division three champions and now potential play-off contenders. I say potential, but it's too early to make those kind of assumptions and I honestly don't know if we are good enough. But if Blackpool can do it, who knows?

In terms of keeping him, he's actually already been linked to several jobs already. The main one which keeps cropping up is his old club Celtic, but thankfully he doesn't want to manage in Scotland because of the inferior league quality, with all due respect to the SPL. I honestly think he'll go far in the game though, he's got a great presence about him. Darrel Russell (now at Preston) said it best about him: "When he first came to the club, he didn't say 'You *can* win promotion', he said 'You *will* win promotion'." That's Lambo in a nutshell, a great motivator and a real dressing room presence, something we've not honestly had in years on the managerial front.

• Paid Members

He'll definately end up in the premiership. It could well be with Norwich, but I can imagine one or two PL clubs will be sacking their managers by January and he's got to be a top candidate.

I disagree with your assessment of the Norwich/Swansea game. You were on top for the first 15/20 minutes, but after that, right up until the own goal, Swansea were the better team. Over the balance of play, a draw was fair, but I can't agree that you deserved the points. When we were having a drink afterwards in Queen of Icini, I was with a large group of mates (all Norwich fans) who agreed that a draw would have been fair.

I'll also say that the penalty save was probably the best i've ever seen - how the hell did he get to it? It was perfectly positioned in the corner. Is he your player or a loan? Either way, a really good keeper.

Where do you think you'll finish at the end of the season?

Archived