Championship and Lower League Discussion 2010/11

patiirc

Im gunna be one of those for the no remorse, for the last 3 or 4 years at least theyre has been a number of clubs that are looking to go bust but never have. football has been spending and living way beyond its means for a lot longer.

Someone had to go, and it looks like Portsmouth. Its a shame, but as Mr Posh said they hoisted their own petard

Iam sure there will be a phoenix club of some sort set up, there often is in these instances and some Pompey fans will carry on with the new club. many will walk away from footy altogether

Pompey wont be the first, and I expect more to go before the end of the season, with the likes of Cardiff and a few others drawing the short straw as football's bubble finally bursts

Hopefully then the game will get its head screwed on and stop paying mental wages and fees and start running as a business again

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Things like this are never good for the game, its just a shame that some of the players who were on the top wages when the club was at its height in the Premiership just couldn't bring themselves to help the club out more in some financial way.

If it does happen then thank you Pompey for some entertaining games and some memorable times.

• Paid Members
Mowbray confirmed as the new Boro boss.

Good move for Boro. He's a solid manager at this level and he's also good at getting teams to play football on the deck, which will suit some of the Boro players.

Middlesbrough fans - what do you think?

which will suit some of the Boro players.

Apart from the ones he bombed out at Celtic? :thumbsup:

Leeds I have to laugh at alot, giving it the big Iam and instant return to the prem since basically they were relegated to league 1 and now have the worst home defence in the Champs and ours is shit, so how bad are they then cos we are bottom of the league ?!??!

Reuters confirming Pompey saved

I was reading on the beeb that Pompey are only paying back 20p in the pound of their debts

That's a bit or a disgrace (basically they have got away scot-free) and as clubs keep getting saved, the whole sick man that is football is allowed to carry on regardless

I've said so many times that if a club isn't financially solvent, they shouldn't be allowed to play professional football and should be relegated from the Football League. Basically, they now need 15m to run a club over the next three years that has slashed its budgets to the bone, yet keeps a very good first team. Spend another 2m this year, they could crack the playoffs.

• Paid Members

Just picked up tickets for both our Leeds and Ipswich games coming up at the end of November. Will be a wreck before both! Burnley and Milwall coming up in the next 8 days. Tough November fixture list but we're still playing well and keeping ourselves in the mix.

• Paid Members

I went to Palace on Saturday and as good as we played, Palace were fucking awful.

No structure, no pressure on the ball and a seriously unfit defence. I think Burley needs to be sacked as whatever he's asking the players to do isn't working. They were lost out there.

So, we're 3rd and on TV next Sunday against the scum, who unfortunately happen to be the best team in the league.

• Paid Members
So, we're 3rd and on TV next Sunday against the scum, who unfortunately happen to be the best team in the league.

And we outplayed them, gaining a vital 3 points along the way.

That's now 6 league games on the bounce without conceding a goal and a solid position in the league. It's also great to know that we've won 4 straight away games, whereas a few weeks ago it looked like we were never going to get anything on our travels.

We're 3rd with a 5 point cushion over the teams in 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th. We also have the exciting prospect of facing the bottom 2 sides at home as our next fixtures. Credit where it's due - Brendan Rodgers has done a great job.

Exciting times for the Jack Army.

Archived