Shoot interviews

IANdrewDiceClay

It was pretty boring. She no-sold too much stuff. The best part was, genuinely, Ian's question.

Yeah, I'm about half way through it and it's not that great so far. She doesn't even seem to grasp a lot of the questions. It's actually quite uncomfortable watching her at times because you can tell she's quite damaged as a person. She's trying to put a brave face on through most of it, which cracks a little when she's talking about her suicide attempt. Quite sad to see really.

• Paid Members
It was pretty boring. She no-sold too much stuff. The best part was, genuinely, Ian's question.

Yeah, I'm about half way through it and it's not that great so far. She doesn't even seem to grasp a lot of the questions. It's actually quite uncomfortable watching her at times because you can tell she's quite damaged as a person. She's trying to put a brave face on through most of it, which cracks a little when she's talking about her suicide attempt. Quite sad to see really.

Yeah, she didn't really go for it to the extent I think that Sean Oliver was hoping for. They're not all going to be as open as Sean Waltman, but I think there was a much better interview potentially in there.

Just finished the Shane Douglas ECW 1994 Timeline, and it was pretty good. Nothing really that I think most of us already knew, but interesting to hear some more about him throwing the NWA title down.

Yeah, she didn't really go for it to the extent I think that Sean Oliver was hoping for. They're not all going to be as open as Sean Waltman, but I think there was a much better interview potentially in there.

The word/name/item association games are by far the worst I've seen out of the series. Fair enough if you don't want to name names when it comes to drugs (though I'm still not sure she understood the syringe related to steroids from the way she reacted) but I'm sure Trish Stratus isn't going to mind if you speculate her boobs might not be real. I've actually just skipped through the last half of the shoot because it was getting too frustrating to watch. Actually the first YouShoot I would recommend avoiding. They're usually pretty fun.

• Paid Members
Just finished the Shane Douglas ECW 1994 Timeline, and it was pretty good. Nothing really that I think most of us already knew, but interesting to hear some more about him throwing the NWA title down.

You got a link for this?

• Paid Members
Is the Jerry Jarrett WCW 2000 Guest Booker any good?

From my recollection, no. It's nowhere near as bad as Cornette's Invasion one, but it's still pretty shit. I forget exactly what stuff Jarrett came up with, but it was stuff that was about fifteen years out of date by 2000. I think his big feud was Hogan vs Sid, and he was building up Jeff Jarrett as a young prettyboy babyface.

Any of the Guest Booker series you recommend?

• Paid Members
The next Youshoot looks pretty interesting. Its Tony Atlas and he's talking candidly about his foot/shoe fetish. He's brought along a life size cardboard cut-out of Chyna and photo's of some boots he wants her to walk on his face with.

Here's the clip:

So Atlas loves feet and Chyna...does he post here under the name stingersplash by any chance?

I think I might give this a watch, looks like it could be fun. 'Them's the facewalkers, them's the facewalkers right there' and I had to smile every time he said 'Chonna'

Any of the Guest Booker series you recommend?

I haven't seen them all, only the ones that involved guest bookers or eras I'm interested in. Al Snow's is shit in practise as well, as he books a nonsensical attitude era where Kofi Kingston and Dolph Ziggler are tag champs and Undertaker and Kane are a pair of unknown debuting monsters on the Smackdown brand. It's completely anachronistic but a decent example of simple old-style booking theory if you can get past the specifics being totally out of place. The Jarrett one might fall into the same category, actually, but I don't recall it being interesting at all. The Cornette one definitely doesn't work on any credible level, it's fucking mental and clueless, like its sole purpose was to undermine any rants he's ever aimed at Vince Russo.

• Paid Members

Dutch Mantell's is really good, but gets the most slagging from the net because they got the dates wrong and had wrestlers on his roster that werent with them at the time. But that doesnt take anything anyway from Dutch. Mantell's an interesting bloke. His stories of TNA make it sound like its impossible to get any ideas across with the system they have. His booking philosophy is the best out of all the ones I've seen by far. His voice and delivery is entertaining as fuck as well.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

I watched the Beverley Brothers RF shoot last night, it was boring, they had little of note to say about anyone or anything. It also struck me that after leaving AWA in 1990, they did fuck all their entire career. Avoid.

I started watching John Nord's RF shoot again afterwards, it's a great one purely on the stories he has to tell. I've just got up to the bit where he was talking about Bruiser Brody and himself being approached by Pat Patterson to come in as a tag team to the WWF in 87-88. There's some interesting stuff here for sure.