Shoot interviews

IANdrewDiceClay

The new Legends of Wrestling Roundtable is knocking about. This time the topic is Renegades. God, Roddy Piper is an overbearing cunt. Its highlighted by the fact that he's in the same room as Diamond Dallas Page, Michael Hayes and Gene Okerlund. When your doing a Roundtable with those three, you should never come off as the biggest bullshitter. But Piper somehow manages it. He's up there with Flair, as far as shooting down other peoples opinion to enhance his own selfworth. DDP goes on about how he became a wrestler at 35 and made a career against the odds and Piper said "how does that make you a renegade, though?" Page should have said "well, how is your story about pretending to bodyslam Mr. T relevent to the discussion, you old bastard" before Diamond Cuttering him through the table.

Bang indeed. Poor Dallas wasnt made to feel welcome at all. You get a feeling JR doesnt really like him. Might be because DDP has chosen to look like a pork scratching through yoga and bad plastic surgery and poor JR didnt have a choice in the matter.

I caught this last night too. I liked how straight away Piper obviously thought "fuck, this is a shoot, they'll probably talk about me being a mark for myself", so Piper goes on about nothing but somehow brings up the reason he didn't job was because he was "protecting the business" or some shite. His story at the end was brutal. I love Piper too, but he came across like a man lost up his own arse and indeed a mark for himself.

I felt sorry for DDP. I've never been a big fan, but everybody always tries to discredit him by bringing up the fact he is mates with Bischoff. Everybody but Hayes (probably the soundest Blackson out there) seemed to have a problem with DDP being there.

I like DDP he did some great things in WCW but people could always take away from him by saying it was all because of kissing up to Bischoff, and then he goes to the WWF and has an awful run, the best thing being that he is the inspiration for the Angle, Austin, Mcmahon comedy skits. Instead of changing that opinion of kissing up to get ahead on his first meeting with Vince Mcmahon since WWFs purchase of WCW he hugged Mcmahon and said something very brown nosed cementing the fact to alot of people that was what he was about. He was one of, if not the biggest WCW star they had an opportunity of getting he lost money getting out of his Turner contract, hugged Vince at first opportunity and was offered the stalker gimmick against the Undertaker, he must have appeared so desperate to Vince and co. Watching King of the Ring 2001 can't help but smile as the Page inspired Austin calls Vince pleading for help. Cut to the Undertaker beating down DDP in his home state. Vince was laughing last ,DDP was the first victim.

Sorry if it was already covered. But someone has uploaded Last call with Raven and Sandman on youtube

HERE

It's quite amusing, at the start, and Terry Funk's story is hilarious. But when the booze and drugs and New Jack kick in, it resembles a bunch a of old whinos argueing in a pub and ends up rather grim, annoying at best. Mustafa (Jack's gangsters tag partner) might as well not be there, except to steal a joke from Eddie Murphy and the presenter has the "rabbit in the headlights" look many times as he wonders why he thought the show was a good idea.

Sorry if it was already covered. But someone has uploaded Last call with Raven and Sandman on youtube

HERE

It's quite amusing, at the start, and Terry Funk's story is hilarious. But when the booze and drugs and New Jack kick in, it resembles a bunch a of old whinos argueing in a pub and ends up rather grim, annoying at best. Mustafa (Jack's gangsters tag partner) might as well not be there, except to steal a joke from Eddie Murphy and the presenter has the "rabbit in the headlights" look many times as he wonders why he thought the show was a good idea.

Yeah it's bloody terrible. New Jack is unbearable from the moment he first shows up and you're left waiting for him to fuck off but he never does. By the end it's nothing but New Jack shouting over the top of everyone else and Sandman barely being able to speak. And yeah the host was awful as well. Who was he? Don't think I've ever seen him before.

Colt Cabana YouShoot cancelled apparently:

As you have likely heard, we were forced into the unfortunate position of having to cancel one

of our upcoming shows. While in past occasions we have had to juggle release schedules

and cancel entire series, we've never had to renege on a YouShoot guest's appearance,

once they are confirmed, announced, and the submission process has begun.

While there are scheduling disappointments, as I mentioned, this is particularly damning to

us because never before have we had to nullify the time and efforts of you -- our most prized

asset, the fans. The passion with which you have involved yourselves in the YouShoot series

has been the singular, most crucial component in the series' success, and when you see

our programming "emulated" on TV in the big two, you should congratulate yourselves.

It is precisely this passion that deposited literally hundreds of questions and videos in our

inbox and social networks for this most recent YouShoot. And it is this passion we so greatly

value and respect. That makes it wrenching for us to essentially toss all of that in the

garbage can.

I personally sought every option in trying to prevent this guest's cancellation and tried to

assuage the situation. Their new decision was firm. The edginess of YouShoot is not for

everyone, and we understand this when we sign guests. Alas, I could not salvage this show,

and by proxy, the expectations and work of the wrestling fans we so greatly value. For that we

apologize. As always we will learn from each and every experience and will be more

judicious with our guest selection.

This year has some of our most amazing programming to come, as well as some cool

ventures in other media which we can't announce just yet. We're looking ahead at the

entertaining and informative shows we have to come, and look forward to continuing to

shape wrestling related programming across the board as we have done for the past five

years. And you, the self-titled "Kayfabe Commandos", should do so as well.

Sean Oliver

President

Kayfabe Commentaries LLC

Anyone know anything about this? Is he just protecting himself from potentially burning any bridges whilst he still has a lot of his career ahead of him perhaps.

Edited by Stylin_and_Profilin

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Just watched the Honky Tonk Man 2011 shoot; disappointing. He seems to have made up with a lot of people you used to rip on - Lawler, Savage (it was filmed before he died), Nash..Maybe he's just mellowing as he gets older. He still shoots on Hogan and Flair though, I could watch his impression of Flair all day. "Woooo! Where we going tonight Arn? Woooo!" :laugh:

• Moderators

THINGYBOB FLYNN?

That is... JERRY LIGHTNINGFOOT FLYNN, GOLDBERGS TOUGHEST OPPONENT AND KING OF MMA.

The only thing Juvi ever did of note was make a cunt of himself in XPW and an Australian Hotel. Jerry Flynn is fucking payday.

The one for RF? It's ok. Thankfully, he's not wasted or anything and it's quite interesting him talking about the differences about working in the states and mexico. And how he hates thingybob Flynn for grassing him up for drink driving. But nothing really special

Cheers mate, I'll give it an order.

THINGYBOB FLYNN?

That is... JERRY LIGHTNINGFOOT FLYNN, GOLDBERGS TOUGHEST OPPONENT AND KING OF MMA.

The only thing Juvi ever did of note was make a cunt of himself in XPW and an Australian Hotel. Jerry Flynn is fucking payday.

THAT'S HIM! Christ, I honestly couldn't remember his first name. My brain kept getting stuck on Barry

just watching paul bearer roh shoot interview volume 2:

What a great shoot interview I never knew he was a dopehead.

I have a lot of time for Paul Bearer. Seems like a very nice man. I remember hearing an interview he did not long after his wife passed away and my heart went out to him. In any interview he does he comes off as super appreciative of everything he achieved in wrestling and is very humble about everything.