Shoot interviews

IANdrewDiceClay

Didnt think the book would be enough to stop them/him trying to cash in even more, though. When you can have things like Ivory spending 2 hours talking about a single year in WWF history, then having Foley spend 4 hours talking about the 90's doesnt seem that crazy.

Someone mentioned Venis going over 1999 coming out soon. That would have been perfect for Foley.

• 3 weeks later...

Restarting this great thread.

I strongly recommend everyone watches the boston wrestling Boogeyman Shoot I was impressed with how good it was.

has anyone else listened or watched any other shoots they could recommend to me ?

Edited by wwffan2

• Paid Members
has anyone else listened or watched any other shoots they could recommend to me ?

If only there were a thread with about 40 pages of recommendations, links and reviews to wrestling shoot interviews THAT YOU HAVE POSTED IN that you could look at for such information.

• Paid Members
I see RF have a Tajiri shoot, supposedly in English, but also with optional subtitles. I can see it being a train-wreck to be honest.

i saw the preview thing on youtube, i couldn't understand a word he was saying. Would definitly need subtitles.

I enjoyed the Shane Douglas YouShoot that was recently released. In fact most of the YouShoot's are fairly entertaining.

are the YouShoots the onses with the smuggest man on the planet in a suit and supermark divs videoing in questions like how man guys did Sunny sleep with? If so I hate them as the host and the divs ruin any potentially good interviews

I enjoyed the Shane Douglas YouShoot that was recently released. In fact most of the YouShoot's are fairly entertaining.

are the YouShoots the onses with the smuggest man on the planet in a suit and supermark divs videoing in questions like how man guys did Sunny sleep with? If so I hate them as the host and the divs ruin any potentially good interviews

I think you are referring to Sean Oliver. Supermark divs such as people who frequent wrestling message boards?

Far superior than Rob Feinstein's shoots, he seems to know less and less each time I watch as his questions sometimes aren't even relating to the guy he is interviewing. "I never did that in my career you nonce".

Edited by The Brain

Yes that's him. I sort of agree with you, he does scream of somebody trying to get himself over with wrestling fans. I didn't used to mind him until he started taking himself very seriously accusing WWE of stealing his ideas (The Bret / Shawn DVD - because he filmed Greg Valentine and Tito Chicko talking about their feud once) and coming off like a tit in the process. I also noticed whenever he puts out trailers he often puts a little disclaimer at the front stating something to the effect of, "the views expressed are of the speaker, and not Kayfabe Commentaries, its associates or business partners" seemingly unaware of the fact he is the only one taking his shit seriously, and by even putting up a message like this he comes across as somebody trying to think they're a big shot, when they're clearly not. However considering the majority of the audience he pitches to just downloads his stuff for free, I'll cut him some slack. He must love what he does.

I think you are referring to Sean Oliver. Supermark divs such as people who frequent wrestling message boards?

Far superior than Rob Feinstein's shoots, he seems to know less and less each time I watch as his questions sometimes aren't even relating to the guy he is interviewing. "I never did that in my career you nonce".

I dont like the RF questioning but they allow the interviewee to be the main thing youre watching and while everything is usually "memories of..." it allows the interviewee to control how he wants to get his stories across, his research is poor at best as you say

the supermark divs I am referring to that video stupid things in or not like the majority of people on wrestling message boards, there may be a tiny minority like that on here but the comparison youre making isnt just, maybe you class yourself as one to see such a comparison but I know I am nothing like them and 99% of the wrestling fans I know are nothing like them either

I dont like the RF questioning but they allow the interviewee to be the main thing youre watching and while everything is usually "memories of..." it allows the interviewee to control how he wants to get his stories across, his research is poor at best as you say

the supermark divs I am referring to that video stupid things in or not like the majority of people on wrestling message boards, there may be a tiny minority like that on here but the comparison youre making isnt just, maybe you class yourself as one to see such a comparison but I know I am nothing like them and 99% of the wrestling fans I know are nothing like them either

It is a different format entirely than the RF formula that in my opinion has grown stale over the last 13 or so years he has being doing the iv's.

I think Oliver has embraced the internet and this is why he can get away with 'supermark divs' asking people questions such as 'how big is Batista's dick"?

Shoot interviews on the whole are a very niche part of wrestling. I like that Oliver has done interviews in this format, as it is totally different to the same formulae that RF has been doing with the clich

Edited by The Brain

Definitely, I dont mind the questions coming in that bring up good topics but the example you gave about Batista are the ones that drive me crazy. I think all I am after is someone I can learn something from or someone who has interesting stories to tell. I could easily sit and watch someone point a camera at themselves and do a bit of a video autobiography and the RF stuff is closer to that than Oliver getting himself over. I also think the Guest Booker type concepts are pointless if its what I think which is re-booking an historical period cos its been and gone and doesnt mean anything but the straight up interviews minus the divs can be enjoyable.

I think as a lot of people have told their stories they need to keep them fresh when they're back on so I understand why they try t change things up, I guess I just like simpler interview formats personally

Definitely, I dont mind the questions coming in that bring up good topics but the example you gave about Batista are the ones that drive me crazy. I think all I am after is someone I can learn something from or someone who has interesting stories to tell. I could easily sit and watch someone point a camera at themselves and do a bit of a video autobiography and the RF stuff is closer to that than Oliver getting himself over. I also think the Guest Booker type concepts are pointless if its what I think which is re-booking an historical period cos its been and gone and doesnt mean anything but the straight up interviews minus the divs can be enjoyable.

I think as a lot of people have told their stories they need to keep them fresh when they're back on so I understand why they try t change things up, I guess I just like simpler interview formats personally

Fye,

Have a gander at the highspots.com shoot iv's - they seem to be more up your street in relation to pertinent questioning.