The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

i saw them at Bloodstock, very much came off as a British Code Orange to me, I quite liked what I heard but the sound wasn't great. My mate who prefers a more conventional song structure hated them though.

15 hours ago, Merzbow said:

I get that Neurosis wanted to get that out there as a reply to Scott's weirdly narcissistic admission but his wife didn't want anything said at all from what I've now been told.

I think their logic was "We've listened to your wifes wishes for three years but seeing as you've put this out, fuck yer"

Edited by cobra_gordo

5 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Can someone translate the last two bands on the bill for those of us who don’t speak metal? Cheers!

Messrs Stormruler and Ingested, apparently. 

Gutted there's no Irish date tacked on there. Cannibal Corpse are always a good time, and I quite like Dark Funeral's daft, guilt-free brand of black-metal-on-steroids. 

Shikari (one of my favourite bands ever), Less Than Jake celebrating one of my favourite albums of my teens AND Kids In Glass Houses reforming. Dust off my Volcom trainers and Stars And Straps t-shirt and sign me up. Even The Academy Is are there. It really is 2007!!!

I'll be 38 by the time it rolls around, but I will taking my children to this and embarrassing the shit out of them. Lovely stuff.

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

Gutted that I've sworn off Slam Dunk forever because that's a real sweet line-up. Offspring, Bowling For Soup, Less Than Jake, The Academy Is...it's perfect 2008 2am emo room fodder. Bastards.

Why have you sworn off them? Was that the show where you (or someone else on here) had their phone stolen?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Why have you sworn off them? Was that the show where you (or someone else on here) had their phone stolen?

Yeah that's myself. It's the second time it's happened, so that's enough for me to wash my hands of the fest. It's only ever happened at Slam Dunk too, never at any other festival or gig that I've been to. They clearly attract wankers, and Slam Dunk are okay with it, so I want no part of it anymore.

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members

i keep seeing the phone stealing thing pop up in places, is it really that bad? I only have one experience at Slam Dunk (pre-Pandemic) and had a lovely time.

Think of going again next year too. There's not a lot I like on the lineup but there's a few which will be great, and as long as there's 5-6 bands across the day I wanna see i'm good. Saw the Offspring headline Hellfest back about 5 years ago and its just perfect festival headline fodder.

For a first announcement that slam dunk line up is pretty damn good. 

I've always wanted too see the offspring live, seeing shikari again is never a bad thing, less than Jake, bowling for soup, malevolence is a fucking must after seeing them in sheffield with while she sleeps, and fit for a king js not a bad amount of bands I want too see in the first set of announcements.