The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

That guy's arm must have been aching by the end of that. Who stands that close at a RATM show and records the whole thing on their phone?

...that said, agreed, they sound pretty great.

Not posting this just because they're friends but the Penance Stare half of this just released spilt is so, so good. A great modern mix of old school screamo, math core and black metal, quite different to earlier work but just as great if not better.

The Atvm side is some sick death metal, too.

https://penancestare.bandcamp.com/album/the-split-w-atvm

3 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

That guy's arm must have been aching by the end of that. Who stands that close at a RATM show and records the whole thing on their phone?

...that said, agreed, they sound pretty great.

There was some cunt doing the same thing at Rammstein the other week, just stuck a selfie stick in the air and filmed a two and a half hour show from roughly the halfway line in the stadium. Spent more time looking up and making sure his shitty bootleg video was framed correctly than watching the show.

32 minutes ago, cobra_gordo said:

There was some cunt doing the same thing at Rammstein the other week, just stuck a selfie stick in the air and filmed a two and a half hour show from roughly the halfway line in the stadium. Spent more time looking up and making sure his shitty bootleg video was framed correctly than watching the show.

I’m always very conscious about being “that guy”. I’ll sometimes film the opener and maybe one song later on, it all depends on who I’m seeing, but after that the phones away.

I'm the same and usually just want to get a couple of snaps to share on Facebook or whatever. I took more pics and videos at that particular gig because there were so many moments that were worth capturing but still spent the majority of the time with my phone in my pocket taking it all in. Someone filming the whole show is something I've never experienced though. Must be a market for it as there's plenty of punter-filmed full gigs on Youtube.

7 hours ago, cobra_gordo said:

I'm the same and usually just want to get a couple of snaps to share on Facebook or whatever. I took more pics and videos at that particular gig because there were so many moments that were worth capturing but still spent the majority of the time with my phone in my pocket taking it all in. Someone filming the whole show is something I've never experienced though. Must be a market for it as there's plenty of punter-filmed full gigs on Youtube.

Plenty show up on YouTube soon afterwards. As someone mentioned Rammstein, there’s a few of their shows that have been given proper editing treatment mixing the arena/stadium footage as well as fancam footage. They’ve kept the professional audio and just edited in some of the fan footage they can find. I want to say that Beastie Boys released a Live DVD along the same lines

• Paid Members

I remember when they were heavily rumoured for Sonisphere years ago with Zakk Wylde playing in place of Dimebag. Be interesting who they get in. Replacing Dimebag would’ve been hard enough but could’ve worked. They should’ve maybe tried a reunion years ago. Replacing two members just doesn’t have the same excitement as it could’ve done.