The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Yeh i remember P Rock, it stayed on long after it actually ended i think and they just looped the same 10 or so videos over and over.

If memory serves those ten videos were:-

Distillers: The Young Crazed Peeling

Transplants: Diamonds & Guns

Rancid: Time Bomb

Alkaline Trio: Private Eye

King Prawn: Dominant View

Drop Kick Murphys: The Spicy McHaggis Jig

Tsunami Bomb: Take The Reigns

Lars Frederiksen & The BAstards: To Have & Have Not

American HiFi: The Art Of Losing

Panic! At The Disco: I Write Sins, Not Tragedies.

• Paid Members

They were some strange times. Obviously music channels boomed before youtube and streaming kicked off so there were times when we'd sit around all day and just skim the music channels. It always felt like the same videos playing over and over and it made me resent a lot of music at the time because it just felt overplayed.

I rarely watch music channels these days but if i do flick over it feels like they are showing the same ones as back in the days. I'm happy if i never hear Chop Suey again in my life.

I think The Menzingers have just dropped an album of the year in After The Party. This will surely see them gain fans from the mainstream in the same way The Gaslight Anthem did a few years back.

It's fucking anthemic. Describes perfectly the end of your 20s/early 30s, and every song is gold. Reminds me of Springsteen in parts, another album which makes you wish you were born in New Jersey or somewhere...(maybe not present day USA but still)

Check it out.

New Blaze Bayley out soon. Anyone a fan ... ?

Been a massive fan for years. He did go into s really ropey period after his solo band started chopping and changing after 'Blood & Belief', the his wife/manager died and then a couple more iffy lineups (the guys playing his 'Alive In Poland' DVD are a right bunch of shitarses) but he's seems to have got himself sorted now.

He never got a fair chance in Iron Maiden, partly down to a mixture of fans not accepting that he wasn't Bruce Dickinson and some fucking appalling songs/general direction from Steve Harris.

His first two albums after leaving Iron Maiden, 'Silicon Messiah' and 'Tenth Dimension', are both massively underrated

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

King 810 are still the absolute drizzling shits, I'd just now be less inclined to say it to his face.

Yeh, they aint for me. Its like some kind of metal/confessional type shit. I'm all for a bit of a performance but there's alot of rumor around that it's all a gimmick and Gunn didn't actually go through all the stuff he talks about.