The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

My all time favourite artist Danzig has a new album out, for a guy in his 60s releasing his 11th album or something it's not bad at all. It's quite slow and stripped down which works well for old Glenn, it might be one of his darkest albums yet too which is cool. The production on it isn't the best though, could've done with Rick Rubin 

Weird that they only did two Misfits reunion dates and now everything's gone back to normal, there was mileage in that.

Edited by Call me Bellend

• Paid Members

At the Drive-In have been announced to support Royal Blood on their UK tour. I was thinking of going anyway but that may convince me to get a ticket. I ain't sure i'd wanna see ATD-I in an arena setting though, much better suited to a smaller club show.

• 3 weeks later...

Bloodbath. Sort of a death metal supergroup which over the years has featured members of Opeth, Katatonia, Edge of Sanity, Hypocricy and October Tide. Nick Holmes from Paradise Lost is their current vocalist, so he'll be pulling double duty. 

Their third album, 'The Fathomless Mastery', is an absolute gem

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Edge Of Sanity!  I had their enigma album, it was ace!  Did I get duped by a fake or was the a black metal poster with all the bands listed in that silly style of theirs and there was one band called fun balloons or something in a nice colourful font?

18 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Edge Of Sanity!  I had their enigma album, it was ace!  Did I get duped by a fake or was the a black metal poster with all the bands listed in that silly style of theirs and there was one band called fun balloons or something in a nice colourful font?

Party-Cannon-on-the-Bay-Area-Deathfest-p

Was it this?

• Paid Members

I really should attend Damnation one year.

Hoping Nails bang out a full UK tour though, i was gonna go see them in Bristol last year before they 'split up'.

Persistence Festival has announced it's lineup for next year, i went this year and the plan is to go again, looks solid if you like hardcore...

19260438_1722193817791155_52929503856839

Went off Hatebreed for a few years but seeing them at Ghostfest a couple of years ago dragged me back in, and saw Madball last night and they were outstanding.