Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
32 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I remember A playing in Cov and someone shot at them with an air rifle, that's pretty much my only memory of them.

Was about to post this!  Now, I got Nothing.

  • Members
Posted

@Egg Shen so made up for that tour. The Neon Handshake is a superb album and I also saw Thad tour, and thought they were excellent.

thinking they'll throw in a few others as I love some tracks off Transmit Disrupt as well. 

A were great fun as well. Vex Red? Should've been InMe!!!! That would've made it a stellar line up 

Posted

Definitely going to that show. I saw Vex Red on their reunion tour in December last year and they were fucking brilliant.

I only ever saw Hell Is For Heroes once at the Little Civic in Wolverhampton in 2002. What a gig that was!

helltour.jpg

Posted

ArcTanGent Fest starting tomorrow! So many good bands: Russian Circles, Converge, Explosions in the Sky, Boris, Sikth, Listener, Defeater, This Town Needs Guns, The Number Twelve Looks Like You, God Is An Astronaut, Devil Sold His Soul etc etc. That's not counting a tonne of bands I've never even heard of that are bound to be excellent. Just a pity it looks like the weather is going to be terrible for it!

  • Members
Posted
2 hours ago, lightningxlock said:

ArcTanGent Fest starting tomorrow! So many good bands: Russian Circles, Converge, Explosions in the Sky, Boris, Sikth, Listener, Defeater, This Town Needs Guns, The Number Twelve Looks Like You, God Is An Astronaut, Devil Sold His Soul etc etc. That's not counting a tonne of bands I've never even heard of that are bound to be excellent. Just a pity it looks like the weather is going to be terrible for it!

Don't forget to try and check out itoldyouiwouldeatyou 

Have a great time!!! 

  • Paid Members
Posted
7 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

Definitely going to that show. I saw Vex Red on their reunion tour in December last year and they were fucking brilliant.

I only ever saw Hell Is For Heroes once at the Little Civic in Wolverhampton in 2002. What a gig that was!

helltour.jpg

ahh i didn't catch one of them shows, i saw Biffy Clyro, Hell is for Heroes and This Girl play numerous small venues in that time period though. I want to find copies of the tour flyers of the shows i saw.

Hell is for Heroes are probably playing bigger venues on this reunion tour than they ever did on their initial run too, i cant recall them ever headlining places as big as Shepherds Bush Empire first time around.

  • Paid Members
Posted
5 hours ago, lightningxlock said:

ArcTanGent Fest starting tomorrow! So many good bands: Russian Circles, Converge, Explosions in the Sky, Boris, Sikth, Listener, Defeater, This Town Needs Guns, The Number Twelve Looks Like You, God Is An Astronaut, Devil Sold His Soul etc etc. That's not counting a tonne of bands I've never even heard of that are bound to be excellent. Just a pity it looks like the weather is going to be terrible for it!

Heck (Baby Godzilla) are playing their final show too...gotta be worth a look if you fancy seeing a couple of blokes going mental.

Posted
3 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

Heck (Baby Godzilla) are playing their final show too...gotta be worth a look if you fancy seeing a couple of blokes going mental.

This. I've seen them twice, both times with my 8 year old son, and they levelled the place. Get to the front and get ready to have at least one guitar player in your face. Gutted they're calling it a day though, one of my current favourite bands.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, lightningxlock said:

ArcTanGent Fest starting tomorrow! So many good bands: Russian Circles, Converge, Explosions in the Sky, Boris, Sikth, Listener, Defeater, This Town Needs Guns, The Number Twelve Looks Like You, God Is An Astronaut, Devil Sold His Soul etc etc. That's not counting a tonne of bands I've never even heard of that are bound to be excellent. Just a pity it looks like the weather is going to be terrible for it!

Go and watch Nordic Giants and thank me later.

Edited by wordsfromlee
Posted

Just don't miss Boris, they're amazing live right now as the Pink tour last year totally reinvigorated them, was great seeing them so full of energy. It was meant to be a bit of a "Farewell" but they ended up having the time of their life and have now recorded one of their best albums yet.

  • Paid Members
Posted
On 16/08/2017 at 11:57 PM, lightningxlock said:

ArcTanGent Fest starting tomorrow! So many good bands: Russian Circles, Converge, Explosions in the Sky, Boris, Sikth, Listener, Defeater, This Town Needs Guns, The Number Twelve Looks Like You, God Is An Astronaut, Devil Sold His Soul etc etc. That's not counting a tonne of bands I've never even heard of that are bound to be excellent. Just a pity it looks like the weather is going to be terrible for it!

If you fancy something a bit more proggy/experimental Gilmore Trail are playing, who are excellent. Not sure what they're like live, but imagine they'll be decent.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...